PDA

View Full Version : Something very nice I came across

12voltman59
Nov 2, 2006, 7:26 PM
This is something that some may find to be of interest and if you have lost someone in your life--perhaps may be of help in dealing with your grief:

http://www.beliefnet.com/story/186/story_18607_1.html

It's a link to an interview with singer/songwriter Roseanne Cash in regards to how she dealt with her grief following the deaths of her birth mother, her step mother June Carter Cash and her father, musical and cultural icon-- Johnny Cash in short order.

I saw her recently in concert when she did a set at the Tall Stacks fesival in Cincinnati last month--she said many of the same things there she shares in this video---her set was more like sitting down with her at home where she talked about her loss.

It was quite a performance--the audience was subdued and respectiful and I dare say that there was hardly a dry eye amongst the audience that night,--- it was a great experience.

Mrs.F
Nov 2, 2006, 9:18 PM
Thank you Volty for that to read. I can't say enough how much it means to know that others have been through what I am going through now. My dad's accident was on Oct. 7th, he passed away on the 22nd. The whole month was a complete blur and life kind of stopped. Now that we have burried him, we are finding out that life must go on and that is what is so so hard. It's hard to go on without my dad. My dad was 59 and was going to be 60 in December. Seems too young and I feel like he's been stolen from me.

I liked her answer about where they go or what it's like for them after they die. And I also do believe that they are always with us. I must say that I have already had a "presence" from my dad....it was so freaky. But it was enough to let me know that he's watching me and looking over his family.

I miss my dad horribly right now and the grieving is hard but I know it's normal and healthy. I have a huge emptiness right now but in time....I know it will get easier.

:grouphug: :angel:

12voltman59
Nov 2, 2006, 11:55 PM
Glad that you liked the interview Mrs F--I hope that it might offer you some comfort--I liked it--I have to figure out if that video can be copied somehow--it is something that can help people going through the grieving process----

Doggie_Wood
Nov 4, 2006, 12:42 AM
Love Ya Mrs F. :)

:doggie:

Doggie_Wood
Nov 4, 2006, 1:00 AM
thank you, Volty - thank you very much
I lost my dad a little over a year and a half ago. :(
To me, it still doesn't seem like I have completed the grieving process.
I don't know if I'm still trying to hang on to him or what. I just don'y know.
I know that I'm trying to take care of my aging mother and my handicapped brother. It's like I'm trying to fill his shoes. To be the family patriarch.

twosides
Nov 4, 2006, 5:42 PM
I tried to upload an mp3 file of the audio from Rosanne Cash's video meditation. But I guess that this server or this forum software will not accept that file type. Getting the video is a little more difficult, but I'll keep trying.

If someone can host the mp3 file, we can put a download link in the thread. Let me know and I'll pass it on to you. Until someone takes that job on, I'll email it to you if you contact me. I hope that many people will get some benefit from hearing these very heartfelt thoughts.

Mrs.F
Nov 5, 2006, 7:35 PM
thank you, Volty - thank you very much
I lost my dad a little over a year and a half ago. :(
To me, it still doesn't seem like I have completed the grieving process.
I don't know if I'm still trying to hang on to him or what. I just don'y know.
I know that I'm trying to take care of my aging mother and my handicapped brother. It's like I'm trying to fill his shoes. To be the family patriarch.

I'm told you really never stop grieving....that you just learn to deal with it and go on. Belle (onewhocares) sent me 2 books. One on losing a father and the other on how to go on in the absence of a loved one. They both have wonderful points in them and it really does let you now that whatever your going through....is normal and will heal in time.
It does sound like your hands are full right now Dogwood but I wanted to let you know that you take care of yourself too and know I'm thinking about you.. :) :angel: :grouphug:

12voltman59
Nov 14, 2006, 7:31 PM
Someone should direct Gina42 to this thread so she can click on the link and read the written interview and see the video interview with Roseanne Cash--perhaps it might offer her some comfort in her time of grief over the loss of her sibling....