PDA

View Full Version : Shopping for Her

ambi53mm
Nov 1, 2006, 7:01 AM
Just curious to know if any guys enjoy shopping and buying clothing for their wives/GF. I know stereotypically for most males it’s a dreaded task. Normally we feel out of place and maybe even a little clumsy in that section of a department store. For years I was one of those types that wouldn’t be seen dead looking through dresses, skirts, lingerie, and all the other paraphernalia that I’ve still yet to learn the names for. If I had no choice in the matter then you can believe that I maintained a look of disgust and boredom on my face for the duration of the visit….and please do not ask me to hold a purse while you “go try these on”. It was bad enough being seen there much less holding a purse while you disappear. The feelings of humiliation and threats to my masculinity were an emotional drain that only purchasing a chainsaw could now cure.

I’m a changed man. The difference is being openly bi with my bi wife. Now I am asked to not only accompany her on her clothes buying expeditions. I sort through and pick out what I like to see her in. Several months ago she wore something to work and asked my opinion as to whether of not it looked ”frumpy” I made the honest mistake many males might make on the spot and said “Yes”. The tears flowed because I accidentally insulted her taste in clothing. I am an interior designer and pulling colors together is a big part of home décor as woman will tell you. Now I’ve been given the pleasure of dressing her. I pick it out…She tries it on …and It either comes home with us or goes back on the rack. The last three day she’s worn 3 different outfits I’ve chosen and the guys at the office along with the women are complimenting her left and right. She feels like a million dollars and her self-esteem has shot up a couple of notches as a result.

I know myself well enough that I will never wear women’s clothing. No disrespect or offense to those that choose to do so in total sincerity. I have discovered though that I really, passionately, enjoy dressing her in the hottest outfits I can find .It's as though a feminine part of myself is being fulfilled on another level that I never even knew existed.

LOL Is this saying something besides the obvious????

Ambi :)

Just_Gem
Nov 1, 2006, 7:18 AM
I don't know about other guys but my late hubby loved to shop for me and was great at it too. He bought me some really wonderful outfits and many of them I still have and wear even tho he's been dead for 9 yrs now. That also shows the durability of things he would buy besides their great fit and presentation.

If I left it up to my current hubby tho I'd be wearing nothing or just camoflage :bigrin: but he does have a good eye for helping me pick thing out, especially things that he likes to see me in. I'd prefer just going with jeans and t-shirts as they are easy and don't take a lot of time to decide on. :tongue:

I HATE SHOPPING!!!!!!!!!! :yikes2: So any way I could give that chore to someone else would be a bonus in my book. HU RAH!!! to you for helping your wife out with this.

Gem :bibounce:

matterinhand
Nov 1, 2006, 10:09 AM
Hi,

I sort of enjoy going shopping for clothes with my wife. I have no problems with waiting for her outside the changing room,and if there's a sale on you'll find me rummaging through it for things that might interest her.

Unfortunatly I have about as much fashion sense as the average hedgehog, and 99% of the things I pick are rejected.

Kids are easier to shop for, especially if they're not there...LOL

But I do enjoy shopping for underwear for her, and both my ex's for that matter when I was with them.

(No, I don't want to wear the undies, I tried that once when I was at college, and couldn't decide whether to laugh or vomit...LOL)

onewhocares
Nov 1, 2006, 1:15 PM
Well, I have no trouble in my dear one picking out my clothes. The only problem I have is that he thinks in his mind that I am a mix of Jackie O and Grace Kelly- and guess what, I am not. I find that his taste is devine but how a particular garment will look on my body is another matter. I find if he likes a certain look, color or style, I will search until I find something that is attractive on my body. The right fit is most important from lingere to ball gowns.

I also love shopping for him. There have been times when he has been in the fitting room and comes out and looks so incredibly hot, I want to run into the room with him and well........

Belle

littlerayofsunshine
Nov 1, 2006, 1:56 PM
I love hubby to buy me clothes, if it were't for him. I would never buy anything for myself. Sometimes its hard for a mommy/wife to think of herself sometimes. He brings me into the styles, if not for him, I would be perpetually stuck in blue jeans and tanks/tshirts.

clairey271978
Nov 1, 2006, 2:04 PM
undefinedundefined

would just like to say that my hubbie to be really loves goin shopping to buy things for me bless him! it makes him happy to treat me! hes got good taste and knows my styles! hes a diamond bloke! think its nice 4 men to go shopping not just women! :) clairey xx :)

innaminka
Nov 2, 2006, 11:04 PM
I love my hubby buying me clothing - he has very good taste.
there are a few areas I have begged him to leave alone.

Shoes - he can pay for them: I'll buy them. (self evident)
Skirts - Time to face reality darlin'. Tight has its place - but I ain't the cute size 12 I used to be..... But he can still pay for them
Underwear. Sexy is good. Functionality is better. A floss-wide thong might look great under a slinky cocktail number, but if I'm sitting in a meeting for 8 hours, I want something a little more body-function friendly.
Please pay, tho' darls.
Tops - You have great taste, Deany, Weanie ( :eek: ) but my clevage has tended to diminish recently. I'll select you pay.

See, hubby shopping for my clothes works all the time.