PDA

View Full Version : What to do?

Joecama
Sep 13, 2023, 9:43 AM
Hey, so I finally found another married guy who lives nearby and is also looking for a fixed secret FWB. We are going to meet in person just to chat first in the coming days. We already discussed a lot of stuff including protection. So anal with protection no doubt, oral he said no protection. I told him we should get STD blood tests just to be safe and I think he's ok with that (I'm not planning on doing anything until I see the results) but I'm also concerned about HPV as I don't want to infect my wife. HPV can be invisible in a lot of cases so that's what I'm worried about. I recently got the HPV vaccine so I should have some protection but still, this stuff always makes me nervous.
I only had a brief experience with another guy in the past and we did everything with protection.

So what's your experience and what would you do? Am I overthinking it?

Cheers

Neonaught
Sep 13, 2023, 9:50 AM
If you have been vaccinated for HPV then within 4-6 weeks you should be protected. For HIV testing my bi wife and I use a home test kit called Oraquik. The test uses a swab of you gums and takes 20 minutes. It costs about US$50 a kit and uses the same technology as hospital labs use. There are other STD screening kits available but for a full STD panel of tests it's best to see a DR. Condoms will protect you from the majority of STD's out there.

Joecama
Sep 14, 2023, 12:21 PM
If you have been vaccinated for HPV then within 4-6 weeks you should be protected. For HIV testing my bi wife and I use a home test kit called Oraquik. The test uses a swab of you gums and takes 20 minutes. It costs about US$50 a kit and uses the same technology as hospital labs use. There are other STD screening kits available but for a full STD panel of tests it's best to see a DR. Condoms will protect you from the majority of STD's out there.

Hey thanks. Yeah I'll definitely check out the tests. I'm really excited about having found a regular FWB!

dowmass
Sep 14, 2023, 3:29 PM

By ?Protection? do you mean that the person who got vaccinated cannot get infected?

After vaccination how long does it take the protection to start and how long does it last?