PDA

View Full Version : Gonna be a busy little bee!!!!

12voltman59
Oct 26, 2006, 2:01 AM
I may not be around much at all on this site during the month of November because I am taking part in the "NaNoWriMo" or the National Novel Writing Month event----

If you have ever thought of writing a novel yourself--November is the time to do it.

The goal of the month is for participants to write a 50,000 word book over the course of the month. This event has taken place for almost a decade-I have to admit I did not know about it until I stumbled upon the kit listed below at my local Border's store the other day.

In order to take part--you do need to get your self the "No Plot? No Problem! Novel Writing Kit" at your favorite bookstore or you can order it online from various online book sellers like Barnes and Noble and Amazon.

Part of this process is to tell people you know that you are doing this--so I want to tell everyone here---I am going to do this and make it to the finish line.

I may not write the next great American novel--but this should be, (while maybe not always fun) :eek: --a great learning experience---and who knows--maybe the work I do over the course of the month might be the basis for something that can be turned into a saleable, publishable piece of fiction--they have had a number of writers that have done just that over the years----

Anyone care to join me and approximately 50,000 other people in this effort?

And it's not just for us Yanks--this is a worldwide deal--so you folks down under and over in the UK, in Europe and elsewhere--you can join in too!!!

The clock is ticking--for you other wanna-be, aspiring writers out there--get your butt in your car--- head down to your favorite bookstore--- lay down the $20 to buy the kit and come write too!!!!!!

For more detailed info on this event: http://www.nanowrimo.org/

12voltman59
Oct 26, 2006, 2:14 AM
I will pop in from time to time and post an update as to my progress---- see you all in December---oh yeah----I just happened to remember---I am celebrating one year this month as a member of this site!!!!

TinTin
Oct 26, 2006, 5:35 AM
That is such a cool idea, I am very tempted, just dont know if I've left it too late.

littlerayofsunshine
Oct 26, 2006, 11:49 AM
12V,

Good luck hun, my prayers are with you. Can't wait to read you progress. (((hugs))).

codybear3
Oct 26, 2006, 7:50 PM
Good luck Voltman...Hope you reach your goal...I write here and there little stories, but I don't know if I could reach 50,000 words...Damn, I don't even know if I can count that high... :tong: ...I wish you all the best in your efforts... :paw: :paw:

canuckotter
Oct 27, 2006, 9:04 AM
In a fit of madness, I signed up for it. That's OK, I have plenty of time... In between working 50-60 hours a week, preparing for the baby's birth sometime in November, doing an online course, and trying to spend some time with my wife... That's OK, sleep is irrelevant! :tong:

onewhocares
Oct 27, 2006, 11:16 PM
A busy BEE no doubt.
I wish you all the best in your new venture. Now is the time for your literary talents to shine. Can not wait to read the finished project.

Belle

Doggie_Wood
Oct 28, 2006, 9:19 AM
Hey Volty - have a good time - when yer novel's finished and published, I'll buy a copy. Drink plenty of Gatoraide.

:doggie:

Nara_lovely
Oct 29, 2006, 5:43 AM
Yeehaa! Good luck, erudite thought processes, and keep those fingers flying...ON THE KEYBOARD!!!

Haven't signed up for it, but will keep track for another time. Thanks for the info.
Now get back to writing!

JohnnyV
Oct 29, 2006, 7:43 AM
Sounds like a great idea! Feel free to send me synopses to cheer me up. I'm chained to the keyboard writing really boring shit for my job. I'm jealous!

Oh, and Canuckotter, congrats on the baby!!! Maybe I can send you a few of the onesies our little girl has already outgrown.

J

canuckotter
Oct 29, 2006, 9:19 AM
Oh, and Canuckotter, congrats on the baby!!! Maybe I can send you a few of the onesies our little girl has already outgrown.
:) Thanks, but I think we're good... everyone we know has been having way too much fun buying us stuff. Besides, he's probably outgrown them already anyway! With over a month left to go, he was over 6 pounds... Gonna be a big boy! (My poor wife.) ;)