PDA

View Full Version : The obligatory I'm new story...

Dizzy
Oct 25, 2006, 6:26 PM
Hiya guys and gals! My first post, and I thought I'd better introduce myself and say why I'm here. My name is James, I'm a British student living in london. I'm an only child being brought up by very nice but over-protective middleclass parents. I have a girlfriend and we'll have been going out for three months in about a week. We've done most things, but I've drawn the line on sex just yet. So, to recap, I'm definately not gay. :tong:

However I think I'm bi; hence joining this site. There is a guy at my school called Max who is quite frankly smoking hot. Blonde hair, muscular body, cute smile; the works. And within the last month I have realised irevocably that I have a massive crush on him.

I first realised it when he started flirting with me across a class. Nothing special, he's the kind of guy who flirts with everyone, no matter what his sexual orientation is. But I got the biggest butterflies I've ever got over anyone suddenly hit me in the pit of my stomach. I spent the rest of the lesson trying to check him out unobtrusively; and I've been acting like a very bashful stalked ever since... :bigrin:

I've told two people that I've got a crush on a guy (and therefore almost certainly bi), one my best mate who took it well and with whom made bi jokes all night (I was staying around his house). The second is a good friend of mine who is also bi, and who was surprisingly delighted (she keeps asking me to kiss a guy of webcam, hehe). But I've been wondering; should I tell other people? I doubt I'll be acting upon it any time soon, so is their any point? Plus I'm not sure what their reactions will be. I'm sure they won't be actively homophobic/biphobic but I think one or two might unconsciously treat me differently. Any advice?

I've been getting clues that Max might be gay. Comments made on bebo, little hints here and there. The fact that he flirts shamelessly with guys is also a hint! :tong: . I've also caught comments which weren't deleted from convos held over bebo, which pertained to me, questioning about wether I had a girlfriend, wether we were serious, and a comment refering to that very lesson where I first got my crush on the guy. All of which are very incouraging!

My bi friend has been telling me I should break up with my girlfriend to ask Max out. She says that I should at least try a homo relationship, and if my relationship with my girlfriend kept going then I'd never know what it would be like. To be honest I havn't given this much thought, but I still think I should ask, do you agree with her?

Well that's all I can think of for now, any comments or questions are VERY welcome! :)

arana
Oct 25, 2006, 8:01 PM
Welcome James!!! Hope you enjoy the site and get the answers you are looking for.

BTW: Have you told your girlfriend you are bi? Maybe have a chat with her and the answer about whether to break up so you can ask out Max will become immaterial.

bediddle
Oct 25, 2006, 8:20 PM
Definitely talk to your girlfriend. What you should do will probably become more clear after said conversation.

And welcome. :tong: