PDA

View Full Version : Time to be confrontational

Jazminedress
Dec 1, 2022, 11:45 AM
I don't care who doesn't like this, I do not care who it offends................if you disagree with me, you are a hateful person and you are wrong and should be boycotted

MARIAH CAREY SINGS A BEAUTIFAL AWESOME CHRISTMAS SONG

I have a convertible, I will be enjoying her until New Years day, and so will anyone driving next to me

( For the two or three people who will not get my sense of humor, you are also wrong and should listen to Mariah Carey All I want for Christmas is you.................for the rest that do get my sense of humor, you probably already listened)

Fiddlestyx
Dec 1, 2022, 11:49 AM
I don't care who doesn't like this, I do not care who it offends................if you disagree with me, you are a hateful person and you are wrong and should be boycotted

MARIAH CAREY SINGS A BEAUTIFAL AWESOME CHRISTMAS SONG

I have a convertible, I will be enjoying her until New Years day, and so will anyone driving next to me

( For the two or three people who will not get my sense of humor, you are also wrong and should listen to Mariah Carey All I want for Christmas is you.................for the rest that do get my sense of humor, you probably already listened)
:) "humour" needs the "u"... hah. I don't have a convertible and so will have to make-do with the Philadelphia Orchestra Leroy Anderson LPs... on cassette... hah.

Jazminedress
Dec 1, 2022, 12:10 PM
:) "humour" needs the "u"... hah. I don't have a convertible and so will have to make-do with the Philadelphia Orchestra Leroy Anderson LPs... on cassette... hah.

I was actually listening to the Trans siberean Orchestra the other day..............I am one of those sick individuals that enjoys Christmas music

mtnmen2
Dec 1, 2022, 12:33 PM
I love TSO use to go see them in concert all the time till they quit coming this way. Also enjoy Lindsey Stirling too.

trs50ms
Dec 1, 2022, 1:04 PM
Been to several TSO concerts and they are awesome!! If you have never been, you need to go!!

trs50ms
Dec 1, 2022, 1:05 PM
LOVE Mariah!!

Fiddlestyx
Dec 1, 2022, 1:27 PM
I was actually listening to the Trans siberean Orchestra the other day..............I am one of those sick individuals that enjoys Christmas music

I bought a huge pile of TSO (TransSiberian, not Toronto Symphony) Christmas CDs at a thrift last summer. Haven't played any yet. I did a gig with them many years ago - fun show. I love Christmas music and have piles of recordings, some more on the pop side, many, many classical. In the middle of the Christmas orchestral runs here at the moment!

Lucky 61
Dec 1, 2022, 3:02 PM
I'm jealous. My convertible is a garage queen from September to April here in PA.

KDaddy23
Dec 1, 2022, 3:53 PM
Mariah's Christmas songs are on my Christmas playlist and I love Christmas music! Mannheim Steamrollers' "O Holy Night" is hauntingly beautiful in case y'all haven't heard it and tends to bring tears to my eyes.

Long Duck Dong
Dec 1, 2022, 6:00 PM
Looks at jaz ........picks up a stick and draws a line in the sand.....lol

I am not a big fan of xmas music or xmas for that matter........but I do enjoy TSOs christmas canon, pentatonix lil drummer boy and other songs......and I confess that I am known for changing the lyrics of xmas song lyrics, in a sarcastic but funny way

I do honour traditions like saturnalia ( 17th -23 of dec ) and hogmany ( 31st of dec )... rather than xmas and new years.......with saturnalia, its about sharing with others, sharing time together and I do that to help others in the lead up to xmas as they are dealing with shopping, getting presents, etc, so I tend to give away a lot of grocery vouchers and fuel vouchers..... and hogmanay is when the door is open for all, traditionally people would bring something like a piece of coal, a bottle of wine or ale and a loaf of bread as a way of wishing that the hearth is always welcoming and warm, and that there is always food and drink available for the rest of the year for the household, and visitors....something that is true of my home as it always has a open door .....

so ( clears throat ) .....picks up the mic.....nods to the band .....smiles at jaz

I don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need
I really want to save my ears
and not have the bastards bleed

Just make them heavy duty
and I think that they will do
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas is EARPLUGS, yeah... baby

tho noise canceling headphones will do
And I don't care about the presents
xmas grinch, 100% through and through

I don't need hear xmas carolers
out there on the street
they can make me happy
so we will never meet

I just want quiet for my xmas
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas is EARPLUGS... yeahh... .baby.........

PS, wanna sing auld lang syne with a glass of whisky and a hug.....???

Jazminedress
Dec 1, 2022, 7:26 PM
LOVE Mariah!!

hell yeah

Jazminedress
Dec 1, 2022, 7:28 PM
I'm jealous. My convertible is a garage queen from September to April here in PA.

True story, my 22 year old Explorer finally died, I had a new car I bought 2 years ago in the garage, but I drive so much for work I prefer to keep two cars, an older one for work and newer one for pleasure. Just scanning online, I found a VW that had a 2.0 Turbo engine, and, was a manual, so I was like damn, went and bought, after I bought it, found out it was a hard top convertible

Jazminedress
Dec 1, 2022, 7:30 PM

I am not a big fan of xmas music or xmas for that matter........but I do enjoy TSOs christmas canon, pentatonix lil drummer boy and other songs......and I confess that I am known for changing the lyrics of xmas song lyrics, in a sarcastic but funny way

I am not actually a fan of Christmas itself, I enjoy the music, I love the decorations, the lights, the smells of food that come out once a year, I enjoy the season, but, I can do without all the gift giving...............but, I do like that once a year people reflect and help people that are needy

csreef
Dec 1, 2022, 9:49 PM
For five very long years, I worked for Home cheapo, and from Black Friday to after new year's all they played without break was Christmas muzak. To this day when I hear Christmas music, I get PTDS flashbacks....Not good.

Long Duck Dong
Dec 2, 2022, 1:15 AM
For five very long years, I worked for Home cheapo, and from Black Friday to after new year's all they played without break was Christmas muzak. To this day when I hear Christmas music, I get PTDS flashbacks....Not good.

Same thing in New Zealand, people working in shops and stuff saying that weeks of endless xmas music gets at them after a while..... businesses have the stance that customers expect xmas music at xmas......

As one shop worker said, customers can leave the shop and go to other shops, getting a break while shop workers may have up to 50 hours a week of the same music on a cd, on a endless loop and hearing snoopys xmas played 18 times in one 9 hour day is enough to drive anybody crazy......

darkeyes
Dec 2, 2022, 3:32 AM

I do honour traditions like saturnalia ( 17th -23 of dec ) and hogmany ( 31st of dec )... rather than xmas and new years.......with saturnalia, its about sharing with others, sharing time together and I do that to help others in the lead up to xmas as they are dealing with shopping, getting presents, etc, so I tend to give away a lot of grocery vouchers and fuel vouchers..... and hogmanay is when the door is open for all, traditionally people would bring something like a piece of coal, a bottle of wine or ale and a loaf of bread as a way of wishing that the hearth is always welcoming and warm, and that there is always food and drink available for the rest of the year for the household, and visitors....something that is true of my home as it always has a open door .....

so ( clears throat ) .....picks up the mic.....nods to the band .....smiles at jaz

There is just one thing I need
I really want to save my ears
and not have the bastards bleed

Just make them heavy duty
and I think that they will do
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas is EARPLUGS, yeah... baby

tho noise canceling headphones will do
And I don't care about the presents
xmas grinch, 100% through and through

I don't need hear xmas carolers
out there on the street
they can make me happy
so we will never meet

I just want quiet for my xmas
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas is EARPLUGS... yeahh... .baby.........

PS, wanna sing auld lang syne with a glass of whisky and a hug.....???,

I luff Crimbo, and New Year.. The whole caboodle.. Apart from the religious guff being an athiest, but it cheers up me midwinter!!! Mariah Carey I don't normally have much time for as a performer, too much wiggly stuff in her singin'.. But at Crimbo like lots of other peeps I sing away and drive peeps potty!! Mariah isn't me fave Xmas music, but she is up there.. Earplugs will do ya no good, Duckie. Not wen me sisters, daughter, neices, mum and I sing jollilly away 2 Mariah Carey at Crimbo time!!

Auld Lang Syne will do for me, but make it a Cognac and I will gladly giveya a wee huggle n a kissie after the bells at New Year!!

GayGuy04
Dec 2, 2022, 8:07 AM
The one song I like to hear from her on Christmas is All I Want For Christmas that's a good song to listen to

Fiddlestyx
Dec 2, 2022, 9:25 AM

I luff Crimbo, and New Year.. The whole caboodle.. Apart from the religious guff being an athiest, but it cheers up me midwinter!!! Mariah Carey I don't normally have much time for as a performer, too much wiggly stuff in her singin'.. But at Crimbo like lots of other peeps I sing away and drive peeps potty!! Mariah isn't me fave Xmas music, but she is up there.. Earplugs will do ya no good, Duckie. Not wen me sisters, daughter, neices, mum and I sing jollilly away 2 Mariah Carey at Crimbo time!!

Auld Lang Syne will do for me, but make it a Cognac and I will gladly giveya a wee huggle n a kissie after the bells at New Year!!
It has been a few years since I hear the term "Crimbo" - brings back both good and bad memories. That marriage has been over a very long time now, but I've stuck with many of the traditions - first foot and all that and haggis on the right moments. Kilted Christmas and New Year's eves without fail.

Slightly amusing Christmas song story - a friend had an alternate (ie. risk?) set of lyrics he would sing for 'The Twelve Days of Christmas' that ended with "and a cartridge in a bare tree". One year in the late 80s over the holiday I went to Florida with friends for a week. When I came home the (real) tree had dropped most of its needles so I stripped off the decorations, lights and last few needles, found a spent shotgun shell and stuck it on one of the branches. I called up my friend, invited him over and said "what do you see?"... took him a minute...

Jazminedress
Dec 2, 2022, 11:29 AM

I luff Crimbo, and New Year.. T!

What is Crimbo ?

Jazminedress
Dec 2, 2022, 11:30 AM
The one song I like to hear from her on Christmas is All I Want For Christmas that's a good song to listen to

Damn straight..............I also like

Waitresees Christmas Wrapping
Billy Squier Christmas is the time to say I love you
Kinks father Christmas
Elton John Step into Christmas
The Bon Jovi one
Brittney Santa Can you hear me

Of course Brenda Lee

Fiddlestyx
Dec 2, 2022, 11:35 AM
What is Crimbo ?

'Crimbo" Scots (also English?) slang for "Christmas", as in the holiday. Another Scots holiday term is "Hogmanay" - New Year's Eve.

csreef
Dec 2, 2022, 1:50 PM
Bing Crosby and David Bowie sing Little Drummer Boy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCpXMy5GalI

Fiddlestyx
Dec 2, 2022, 2:13 PM
Bing Crosby and David Bowie sing Little Drummer Boy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCpXMy5GalILiving in a Canada/US border town we had a "Second Thanksgiving" (aka "Yanksgiving") dinner party last Sunday. I was playing Christmas CDs on Ye Olde Stereo and one had 'The Little Drummer Boy' on it ,which lead to a couple of those present whining and making gagging noises. Not sure what they have against the song to be quite honest...

marine20
Dec 2, 2022, 2:24 PM
there is another song called (all i want for Christmas is you ) , sung by vince vance and the valients . it came before mariah carey , and i find it much superior. if you don't here it on the radio , ask alexa for it. i think you will love it too.

csreef
Dec 2, 2022, 5:53 PM
there is another song called (all i want for Christmas is you ) , sung by vince vance and the valients . it came before mariah carey , and i find it much superior. if you don't here it on the radio , ask alexa for it. i think you will love it too.

Vince Vance & The Valiants - All I Want for Christmas Is You - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8HWHd0EYJA)

Long Duck Dong
Dec 2, 2022, 5:55 PM

lol and I will turn up the pogues fairytale of new york..... the original version, not the one where the lyrics were changed to be more woke.....

Our Xmas is in summer time so no white christmas for us, but we do lunch which is generally chicken, fish, colesaw, potatoes, ham etc.......and at evening time, the BBQ gets fired up, and thats when the drinks really start to flow, and so does the music and the singing..... and also the rule of no drinking and driving gets enforced......

I do not celebrate the new year to be honest....its just another day for me, which is why I do hogmanay instead, as a way of saying that we are setting the standard for the rest of the year, which is we are always welcoming of guests....

Fiddlestyx
Dec 2, 2022, 6:48 PM
lol and I will turn up the pogues fairytale of new york..... the original version, not the one where the lyrics were changed to be more woke.....

Our Xmas is in summer time so no white christmas for us, but we do lunch which is generally chicken, fish, colesaw, potatoes, ham etc.......and at evening time, the BBQ gets fired up, and thats when the drinks really start to flow, and so does the music and the singing..... and also the rule of no drinking and driving gets enforced......

I do not celebrate the new year to be honest....its just another day for me, which is why I do hogmanay instead, as a way of saying that we are setting the standard for the rest of the year, which is we are always welcoming of guests....
Love The Pogues...

Jazminedress
Dec 2, 2022, 7:45 PM
'The Little Drummer Boy' on it ,which lead to a couple of those present whining and making gagging noises. Not sure what they have against the song to be quite honest...

I have no clue, but for some reason I detest that song, it makes me want to take over a small country and burn it to the ground...................and I love Christmas music, I just have a strange weird hatred for that particular one

Jazminedress
Dec 2, 2022, 7:46 PM
'Crimbo" Scots (also English?) slang for "Christmas", as in the holiday. Another Scots holiday term is "Hogmanay" - New Year's Eve.

Learned something new today

Fiddlestyx
Dec 4, 2022, 4:12 PM
https://scontent-yyz1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/318153455_10228840738514386_3670224536503292599_n. jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=-NTc_JjkdTQAX9MyZ_Q&tn=yiT8MQEj8B-ZANLt&_nc_ht=scontent-yyz1-1.xx&oh=00_AfBgJTNYsA2ojnx_ZeeZ-if8rMP5WeLSnjpehuwOHLH9XQ&oe=6391F81C
Sorry, saw this and it reminded me of this thread...

silkyheels
Dec 4, 2022, 6:25 PM
I saw the TSO just last night in Dayton. I love them a group that play and sing their hearts out just for the joy of the season. They donate $1 for every seat sold to a local charity. Not to say gives me a chance to dress a little cute as well

Jazminedress
Dec 4, 2022, 7:33 PM
I saw the TSO just last night in Dayton. I love them a group that play and sing their hearts out just for the joy of the season. They donate $1 for every seat sold to a local charity. Not to say gives me a chance to dress a little cute as well

didnt know that, pretty cool

Long Duck Dong
Dec 5, 2022, 12:03 AM
https://scontent-yyz1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/318153455_10228840738514386_3670224536503292599_n. jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=-NTc_JjkdTQAX9MyZ_Q&tn=yiT8MQEj8B-ZANLt&_nc_ht=scontent-yyz1-1.xx&oh=00_AfBgJTNYsA2ojnx_ZeeZ-if8rMP5WeLSnjpehuwOHLH9XQ&oe=6391F81C
Sorry, saw this and it reminded me of this thread...

ROLFMAO......glances at jazmine and hides behind Fiddlestyx........jaz got her ass kicking boots on........

Fiddlestyx
Dec 5, 2022, 12:12 AM
ROLFMAO......glances at jazmine and hides behind Fiddlestyx........jaz got her ass kicking boots on........I am not a huge fan of Carey or the song but don't mind them particularly, either. My fave Christmas music is in the classical and trad realms rather than pop anyway. The meme just turned up on my feed elsewhere and induced spontaneous guffaws.

Jazminedress
Dec 5, 2022, 1:07 AM
ROLFMAO......glances at jazmine and hides behind Fiddlestyx........jaz got her ass kicking boots on........

actually, funny as hell

darkeyes
Dec 5, 2022, 8:52 AM
Nope.. Not Scots.. It is English sometimes credited to John Lennon, though sometimes credited much earlier in the 20th century, but still English for Christmas. Can be spelled Chrimbo but not many do. I think I was 6 or 7 when I first heard the word so I'm not sure when it first moved north. N is a Hogmanay is a Scots word which I believe evolved from an English word from somewhere in the North of England; Yorkshire I think. Auld Lang Syne, that grand old Rabbie Burn's song is arguably not his, but some think it came from NE England from much earlier and Burns adapted the song to fit an old Scottish tune.

Hogmanay is New Year's Eve when the land is steeped in parties, alcohol, singing', snogging and fun! The fun, snogging and parties carry on for some days as does the alcohol .. The singing less so.... u could do worse than come here for a holiday on the Xmas and New year period.. After the bells I even snog men (shock horror) while wishing them "A Happy New Year". New year's day is often known as "Ne'erday" especially in the West of the lowlands and by old folk.

.. And Duckie?? Are u sayin' u do nowt after the bells go? Do ya just stop??? �� lots of really old folks do that here and go to bed... I'm not that old yet!! ��

Fiddlestyx
Dec 5, 2022, 9:56 AM
actually, funny as hellAbsolutely cracked me up, partly due to the thought involved, partly due to being of a generation who actually had to do these drills. It could be me somewhere in the photo... sometimes amazes me we didn't all end up scarred for life from those experiences!

Fiddlestyx
Dec 5, 2022, 10:14 AM
Nope.. Not Scots.. It is English sometimes credited to John Lennon, though sometimes credited much earlier in the 20th century, but still English for Christmas. Can be spelled Chrimbo but not many do. I think I was 6 or 7 when I first heard the word so I'm not sure when it first moved north. N is a Hogmanay is a Scots word which I believe evolved from an English word from somewhere in the North of England; Yorkshire I think. Auld Lang Syne, that grand old Rabbie Burn's song is arguably not his, but some think it came from NE England from much earlier and Burns adapted the song to fit an old Scottish tune.

Hogmanay is New Year's Eve when the land is steeped in parties, alcohol, singing', snogging and fun! The fun, snogging and parties carry on for some days as does the alcohol .. The singing less so.... u could do worse than come here for a holiday on the Xmas and New year period.. After the bells I even snog men (shock horror) while wishing them "A Happy New Year". New year's day is often known as "Ne'erday" especially in the West of the lowlands and by old folk.

.. And Duckie?? Are u sayin' u do nowt after the bells go? Do ya just stop??? �� lots of really old folks do that here and go to bed... I'm not that old yet!! ��
My Scottish ex and her family (especially the kids who would now be in their mid-30d) always said "Crimbo" so I just presumed it was a Scottish thing. Live and learn! As to Northern England/Scotland - that border was as fluid as a babbling brook and for a very long time.

Some of my most memorable Christmases and New Year's were spent in Scotland - one year in Edinburgh, but a couple in Glasgow; one year Hogmanay was the big fireworks downtown, another at an enormous, amazing gay bar that was in an old bank exchange building (or something of that ilk). Never danced so much and so wildly in my life! I spent much of the evening fending off propositions from guys (and the odd woman) - great fun, but my ex was a jealous lass and got annoyed. That year my ex and her friend got so drunk I literally had to carry them both to the train as neither of them could stand of their own accord. Pair o' lightweights...

KDaddy23
Dec 5, 2022, 3:37 PM
For perhaps a more soulful Christmas song, I'd recommend "Every Christmas" by Luther Vandross. I stumbled upon this song three years ago (while looking for another of his songs) and gave it a listen and it's in my Christmas playlist.

Long Duck Dong
Dec 6, 2022, 2:38 AM

I follow the old celtic and gaelic ways in much of my life, so for me the day starts and ends at dusk, not midnight..... it also means that the first meal of my day is actually dinner, where everybody gathers together to eat, drink and and talk......and I have done that for many years....

To others it may sound strange but if you think about it this way, late night parties often end up with drunken idiots, fights, people hitting on you, trying to grope you, arguments etc etc, and a lot of people are excluded like people that do not party, are not night owls, are elderly or too young etc........and while its just dinner at my place, everybody is included, drinking is optional, and its a chance for people to raise their glass and wish a happy new year / blessed hogmanay to each other....

so darkeyes my dear party girl, enjoy your parties and late nights...and yeah one day you will be older and in bed by 10pm, lol......and a family dinner may become your new years eve * party * or your family may be too busy with their own lives and partying, leaving you alone, so you look for others to dine with...... then you can remember that mere mortal LLD, and raise a glass of cognac and say happy new year and blessed hogmanay, you daft old bugger, .....and I will be sitting at the dinner table laughing as I raise my glass back at you and say the same......

the day will come when we are too old to shake dat ass on the dance floor, but we will never be too old to sit at the dinner table, looking at the people around us... .and saying fuck me, I need a drink....

Fiddlestyx
Dec 6, 2022, 10:08 AM
Another - again, my apologies.
https://scontent-yyz1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/318616470_10230904204573142_4093235301608973187_n. jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=Z7HXUE9DsI4AX8wuXs2&_nc_ht=scontent-yyz1-1.xx&oh=00_AfA86frNbIDMFfskkWD_LugwgZQsx9_X41H8g6x4jdTt Xg&oe=63951676

csreef
Dec 6, 2022, 11:24 AM

I'd love to see that! :impleased

darkeyes
Dec 7, 2022, 3:23 AM
I follow the old celtic and gaelic ways in much of my life, so for me the day starts and ends at dusk, not midnight..... it also means that the first meal of my day is actually dinner, where everybody gathers together to eat, drink and and talk......and I have done that for many years....

To others it may sound strange but if you think about it this way, late night parties often end up with drunken idiots, fights, people hitting on you, trying to grope you, arguments etc etc, and a lot of people are excluded like people that do not party, are not night owls, are elderly or too young etc........and while its just dinner at my place, everybody is included, drinking is optional, and its a chance for people to raise their glass and wish a happy new year / blessed hogmanay to each other....

so darkeyes my dear party girl, enjoy your parties and late nights...and yeah one day you will be older and in bed by 10pm, lol......and a family dinner may become your new years eve * party * or your family may be too busy with their own lives and partying, leaving you alone, so you look for others to dine with...... then you can remember that mere mortal LLD, and raise a glass of cognac and say happy new year and blessed hogmanay, you daft old bugger, .....and I will be sitting at the dinner table laughing as I raise my glass back at you and say the same......

the day will come when we are too old to shake dat ass on the dance floor, but we will never be too old to sit at the dinner table, looking at the people around us... .and saying fuck me, I need a drink....

My mum thinks I'm too old for partying now, Duckie!! ��

Long Duck Dong
Dec 7, 2022, 3:51 AM
My mum thinks I'm too old for partying now, Duckie!! ��

Remember how we were taught to listen to our elders because they know best......lol.......

I used to watch a 92 year old male get up and dance with his wife, at the club....slow moving guy, stiff with age but damm get him on the dance floor and he danced so well, tho it was 50s-60s music......

so you will know when you are too old to get up and dance...... even if your daughter is standing there with a shocked look on her face and saying MUMMMMMMM, nobody wants to see an old granny on the dance floor.......lol......my sister said that to my mother at my sisters 16th, my mother was 42, lol

Fiddlestyx
Dec 7, 2022, 9:23 AM
Remember how we were taught to listen to our elders because they know best......lol.......

I used to watch a 92 year old male get up and dance with his wife, at the club....slow moving guy, stiff with age but damm get him on the dance floor and he danced so well, tho it was 50s-60s music......

so you will know when you are too old to get up and dance...... even if your daughter is standing there with a shocked look on her face and saying MUMMMMMMM, nobody wants to see an old granny on the dance floor.......lol......my sister said that to my mother at my sisters 16th, my mother was 42, lol
Anyone who wants to get up on the dance floor and have a go has my approval. You'd have to shackle me to keep me from dancing! Too few opportunities in my world these days, sad to say.

darkeyes
Dec 8, 2022, 10:59 AM

I used to luff watching mum on the dance floor.. She had rhythym. Me dad was animated.. I'm not sure if it could be called rhythm!! Thank God I get me rhythm from me mum.. But I both loved and was shocked watching the old bugger with mum dancing slow... Procol Harem's "Whiter Shade of Pale" was shocking, but wonderful and was the first song I mind of them snogging passionately to on a dancefloor.. They just switched off from the world. I was 6 and wondered if I had disappeared so open gobbed and speechless was I. A decade later later I was positively aghast at them dancing to "Je Taime" at a family Xmas bash... Can't tell ya how far down each other's throats they were.. Porn with Pop at the Palais!!

So Fran will carry on long as she can, whether needing crutches or a zimmer... after all, she had frantastic examples to follow!! Me mum in her late 70s is still a fit, elegant old boogeyer... I expect to be no different at her age!!! Sadly Pop has been gone a long time.. But what memories of that lack of rhythm and of a mucky parental romance on a dance floor!!

...and if she cant, then that's kismet!! No biggie!!

Fiddlestyx
Dec 8, 2022, 2:21 PM
I used to luff watching mum on the dance floor.. She had rhythym. Me dad was animated.. I'm not sure if it could be called rhythm!! Thank God I get me rhythm from me mum.. But I both loved and was shocked watching the old bugger with mum dancing slow... Procol Harem's "Whiter Shade of Pale" was shocking, but wonderful and was the first song I mind of them snogging passionately to on a dancefloor.. They just switched off from the world. I was 6 and wondered if I had disappeared so open gobbed and speechless was I. A decade later later I was positively aghast at them dancing to "Je Taime" at a family Xmas bash... Can't tell ya how far down each other's throats they were.. Porn with Pop at the Palais!!

So Fran will carry on long as she can, whether needing crutches or a zimmer... after all, she had frantastic examples to follow!! Me mum in her late 70s is still a fit, elegant old boogeyer... I expect to be no different at her age!!! Sadly Pop has been gone a long time.. But what memories of that lack of rhythm and of a mucky parental romance on a dance floor!!

...and if she cant, then that's kismet!! No biggie!!
Ah, love your post. I am the only dance-floor clearer of the family, sad to say. Not sure where I got the urge from, but having spent my life on stage might be part of the it...