PDA

View Full Version : Monkeypox Spreading with men who have sex with other men

tenni
Jun 28, 2022, 12:08 AM
Have you heard of this highly spreading disease (Monkeypox) that have boil like bumps over a man's body? Originally, in my area, it was being linked to men having close physical contact with other men. Fear rose that it might be spread similar to AIDs only men connected. Where I live after the original report linking it to m2m sex has stopped linking it and refer to "close contact with another person". Gender is not being reported of people involved.

It is spreading fast across Canadian provinces with the province of Ontario the greatest number. Fortunately it is not deadly.

What is being reported in your area as far as the knowledge and spread?

Is there any reference to linking Monkeypox to men who have sex with other men where you live?

Jozyxt
Jun 28, 2022, 12:15 AM
I have not seen any report where I live. But I to saw it referned to spreading by MM sexual contact. Like what else does close body contact with others of unknown health mean but men having sex with men?

twilde1952
Jun 28, 2022, 12:35 AM
Most cases are in Montreal Quebec and Toronto Ontario in the bathhouse scene: it's not airborne and can only be spread by direct contact and body fluids . Is it a concern yes, but not a major concern. If you are at risk (you enjoy gay bathhouses )get vaccinated for small pox it works on monkey pox too (see your doctor for information). and that should end your concerns. Monkey pox is not new it's been around for decades. (1950.s).

Jozyxt
Jun 28, 2022, 8:40 AM
The CDC says this

The Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) recommends that people whose jobs may expose them to orthopoxviruses, such as monkeypox, get vaccinated with either ACAM2000 or JYNNEOS to protect them if they are exposed to an orthopoxvirus. This is known as pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP).

https://www.cdc.gov/poxvirus/monkeypox/clinicians/smallpox-vaccine.html