PDA

View Full Version : Ever been stood up?

jjourneyman
Apr 16, 2022, 8:24 PM
OK, I'm no prize, but not a dog either! Fuck, I thought it was legit. Left me hanging outside for more than two hours to meet up.

Jazminedress
Apr 16, 2022, 9:20 PM
Happens, some people when it gets close to real, freak

csreef
Apr 16, 2022, 9:38 PM
Also people don't have the courage to meet, they would rather hide behind the internet.

Tight1-4u
Apr 16, 2022, 10:28 PM
​it happens!! Not so much anymore as now most contact me to acquire my services!!

Want2ForPlay
Apr 17, 2022, 9:02 AM
... Fuck, I thought it was legit. ...

Been stood up more than not.

Neonaught
Apr 17, 2022, 9:47 AM
That's the aspect of seeking sex partners online that everyone hates the most. I swap emails with up to a dozen guys a month on average and the majority started enthusiastic and then end up ghosting after a few messages. Most people just don't seem to be serious and as far as I'm concerned it's their loss!

SilkyHoseLover
Apr 17, 2022, 9:48 AM
I've been stood-up several times, but no way would I hang around for two hours! With as many ways to communicate as there are today, if someone doesn't show up within about 15 or so minutes from an agreed-upon meeting time, I'm outta there. If you're serious, show up or notify that you're going to be late.

This is but one of the reasons I don't do 'hookups'. I'm exceptionally open, honest and candid, and expect commensurate treatment in return. Without substantive upfront communications via messaging in a forum such as this or email, I'll never develop sufficient interest or confidence in a real-life meeting.

chongster
Apr 17, 2022, 9:59 AM
Oh yeah, it happens a lot, I just accept it as part of the deal. I don't wait around for two hours though.

jjourneyman
Apr 17, 2022, 10:17 AM
I've been stood-up several times, but no way would I hang around for two hours! With as many ways to communicate as there are today, if someone doesn't show up within about 15 or so minutes from an agreed-upon meeting time, I'm outta there. If you're serious, show up or notify that you're going to be late.

This is but one of the reasons I don't do 'hookups'. I'm exceptionally open, honest and candid, and expect commensurate treatment in return. Without substantive upfront communications via messaging in a forum such as this or email, I'll never develop sufficient interest or confidence in a real-life meeting.

Well, I get it that people can't always get away when they want... (i.e. a married guy who has to make up an excuse to get away from the wife and fam for a few hours...)

There is always a lag time between seeing a message, responding, and setting up a meeting time.

I just think it is bad when they don't have the common courtesy to let you know they are not going to be able to make it.

19biman61
Apr 17, 2022, 11:29 AM
I got stood up once. She moved away shortly after we met. We talked on the phone and made a date to meet. It was more than an hour drive to get there. I was a little early and after more than 15 minutes past our meet time I called her. She said that she would be there in 30 minutes. I called her again an hour later and she didn't answer. She told me previously that she lived about ten minutes away from where we were to meet. I left after another 20 minutes. I went home and got online and was IM'ed by a man that I would meet for sex weekly. He invited me over to enjoy a threesome with him and his partner. Turned out to be a GREAT night!

cornholejoe
Apr 17, 2022, 2:52 PM
yeah over the years it has happen to me a few times but if the man dont show 10 minutes i leave

KDaddy23
Apr 18, 2022, 5:54 PM
"Occupational hazard." Guys get cold feet at the last moment. Something comes along to mess up their plans. Sometimes all talk and no intent to back up that talk. Just annoying to be at the appointed place at the appointed time... and they never show up. Maybe contact you later with some excuse that may or may not be plausible. Grr. I found that you can get mad about it or just accept that it is what it's always been. I've never stood anyone up and didn't have a damned good reason for reaching out to them and telling them that I won't be able to make it... and if I have a way to do that and sometimes, given how paranoid some guys get, I may not have a way to do that so they won't show up and I'm not there. I'm not a fake or a flake... but some guys just are.

Then it's back to the hunt and with the sure understanding that you just might get stood up again... and the hunt continues anyway.

DD788Snipe
Apr 19, 2022, 1:36 AM
"Occupational hazard." Guys get cold feet at the last moment. Something comes along to mess up their plans. Sometimes all talk and no intent to back up that talk. Just annoying to be at the appointed place at the appointed time... and they never show up. Maybe contact you later with some excuse that may or may not be plausible. Grr. I found that you can get mad about it or just accept that it is what it's always been. I've never stood anyone up and didn't have a damned good reason for reaching out to them and telling them that I won't be able to make it... and if I have a way to do that and sometimes, given how paranoid some guys get, I may not have a way to do that so they won't show up and I'm not there. I'm not a fake or a flake... but some guys just are.

Then it's back to the hunt and with the sure understanding that you just might get stood up again... and the hunt continues anyway.:thumbu::thumbu::thumbu::thumbu::thumbu:
For your answer KDaddy. Spot on.

mtnmen2
Apr 19, 2022, 11:32 AM
More than I like to admit, Lot of flakes on bi and gay dating sites. I understand most would like to but when reality sets in they chicken out.

Jozyxt
Apr 19, 2022, 7:02 PM
Yes a few times. Even for a coffee date. I no longer go far out of my way for first dates.

jimkimball
Apr 20, 2022, 1:16 PM
A few times , I've had guys that'll show up then leave , because it's thier first time and just can't go through with it .

darkeyes
Apr 21, 2022, 1:09 PM
Several times.. Well maybe more than several but not loads. I have bit of a temper and only one toerag ever got away with earache from the sharp end of my tongue.. And if I ever again speak to the one, she too will cop it..

skuz69
Apr 21, 2022, 1:57 PM
Stood up more often than not. And, have a nice chat with a guy that seems to be leading up to a meeting and all of a sudden, he ghosts me, sometimes to the point of completely deleting his username and online account. If you want to chat and things seem to be going well, why? If you're not interested, don't chat. Also hate the ones who do show up and have agreed to reciprocate and then don't after they have blown their load and are no longer in the mood. I'd love to find someone I like hanging with and also have a little sexual thing on the side.

jjourneyman
Apr 21, 2022, 4:04 PM
Stood up more often than not. And, have a nice chat with a guy that seems to be leading up to a meeting and all of a sudden, he ghosts me, sometimes to the point of completely deleting his username and online account. If you want to chat and things seem to be going well, why? If you're not interested, don't chat. Also hate the ones who do show up and have agreed to reciprocate and then don't after they have blown their load and are no longer in the mood. I'd love to find someone I like hanging with and also have a little sexual thing on the side.

Very true! And I've been stood up a couple of times before, but I've always been at home or in a hotel, where, well, if the guy doesn't show up, just jack off and chalk it up flakyness.

But when you've been emailing and texting someone for several weeks, and you finally agree to a meet-up, and then you drive 45 minutes to a hotel where he said he was staying, and run up a $50 bar tab waiting for him... not to count the awkward time spent hanging out in the lobby pretending that you were waiting on a business associate to show up for a quick meeting (by the way, I don't think the hotel clerk or the concierge bought my story)... it is irritating to say the least. GRRRRRRRRR

skuz69
May 6, 2022, 10:18 AM
Got stood up again. Twice now in the last two weeks. Both set up via Squirt. I think I'm done with this. It's very frustrating.

jjourneyman
May 6, 2022, 12:07 PM
Got stood up again. Twice now in the last two weeks. Both set up via Squirt. I think I'm done with this. It's very frustrating.

Yeah, I feel for you. I'm not positive, but I think that, in the wake of Covid, there are even more flakes than before.

Jozyxt
May 6, 2022, 2:44 PM
I get stood up form time to time. More often I get a email thread going and when it comes time to set a time,. they just disappear. It can be very frustrating when I am horny and just want to suck and cum. But I stay in the game because I still want to suck and cum.

skuz69
May 6, 2022, 3:57 PM
I've had several just disappear, too, when it comes to setting up a meet. But the ones that really annoy me are the ones where you have a decent chat going, set a time and place, and no one shows up. No text, no e-mail, no contact. Just don't show.

papasmurph
May 7, 2022, 12:47 PM
It is for sure annoying and frustrating as hell... but what I usually tell myself is this... I take the spiritual angle... who knows what I might have been spared by his failure to follow through. It might be silly or naive to think this way, but it does allow me to let it go... I trust the universe and my gut whenever I meet someone, and when I get passed by or stood up, I also trust that...

bikurinpa
May 7, 2022, 1:00 PM
This is a common game guys on these sites play, I found out that 99.99% of the guys on any of the male sites has NO real intentions of meeting any one! Out of 100 who I chatted with over the years, who CLAIMED to be serious, about meeting, I have yet to find even 1 that was!! Even if do meet , they usually ghost out right after meeting so they still are dudds!

bikurinpa
May 7, 2022, 1:02 PM
I've had several just disappear, too, when it comes to setting up a meet. But the ones that really annoy me are the ones where you have a decent chat going, set a time and place, and no one shows up. No text, no e-mail, no contact. Just don't show.
That is when I add their phone # and email to the BSer list, (Block ) , they are once n done!

Veryoralniceguy
May 7, 2022, 1:15 PM
It happens, a lot of teasers on some of the sites. Some guys get scared at the last moment.