PDA

View Full Version : Flake, Scammer or Bot On A4A

Jozyxt
Nov 11, 2021, 2:46 PM
I had a long conversation that a guy started on A4A over the past week or so. We had moved to text messaging work out details and picked the motel and time. I became wary when he asked me yesterday how he could send me the money for his half of the motel cost. And sure enough, there was no contact from him this morning and he didn't show. I don't rent rooms before the guy actually shows. So no more lost than 10 minutes sitting in my car.

I get a lot of A4A contact that appear to be bots, they only offer a location they live in only after I provide one and it i usually the same as what I say. They never suggest texting respond to request to take the conversation to text messages. A flake wouldn't have been so insistent on getting a way to transfer money to me.

So this one was probably a scammer. Either looking for banking information for a direct scam or trying out blackmail with a threat to out me. My opsec is too good for that so he dropped the conversation. There were the tells of grammar errors and missing words that should have been in the messages to tell me he wasn't a native english speaker. It gets frustrating with all the scammers out there on anonymous forums.

During the wait time, I arranged deal with a cocksucker who I have visited before. If I can't do a mutual suck today, at least I can get a great BJ tomorrow.

Does anyone have a way to ID A4A scammers more quickly?

Alex_rose
Nov 11, 2021, 7:53 PM
My experience using grindr and A4A. A4A seems to have far less ads and text of spam asking to join a website at least in my area. I suggest stay on the app for texting and calling. Don't give out your cell number. I admit I did, instead of giving out a google voice number. If they give out there name or number google it and you can check their social media acct.
One big red flag I notice especially my experience on A4A is that the guys that contacted me lived far away. One guy was visiting and lived across the country, he kept talking about he needed someone to look after his business and would be away in the army. I foolishly gave him my number but blocked him. As much as he didn't ask for money I just felt like he seemed like a scammer.

Another guy lived over 400 miles away, I talked on the phone with him for hours. He seemed pretty cool except after talking for him for so long he revealed so much about himself where he seemed like a nutjob. I had better luck on grindr where I was seeing a guy for a short time.
Good luck to you

Neonaught
Nov 12, 2021, 11:49 AM
I've noted the same thing on A4A. The bots usually give themselves away by not making good sense during conversation. The other problem there is Russians. I get hit on 3 times a week or so by Russian guys. But this can't be because Putin told us there are no gay men in russia...right? LOL

Jozyxt
Nov 13, 2021, 3:59 PM
My opsec is to use a VOIP app. I can give out my number to anyone that wants to text with no worry about it being traced to me. The russian guys thing is weird. Maybe they are looking for a sponsor to get them out of that hell hole. I don't really know what they want and just block them. I had one African guy that was pretty much the same. He actually wrote in compete sentences so we carried on a chat for a few days. But it was clear he wanted someone to get him out of his country.

I get some hot looking local guys that are in their 20s who must be pros. One I messaged a few times quickly admitted he was giving "massages" for a fee. I guess to downplay the prostitution angle for legal reasons. I'm not opposed in principle, but I am married ant the cost would become noticeable.

I haven't run into any nut jobs on A4A yet. Mostly just guys that can't actually set an appointment. It's hard to tell the nuts there from the ones that are sexually ambiguous.

Sometimes its hard to tell the bots from the foreign scammers, because they both often just answer a post with several questions by saying "yes" and generally don't make a lot of sense.

It is just very frustrating for me right now as I just want to swap some cum with a guy and it doesn't seem like it should be that hard to do.

KDaddy23
Nov 14, 2021, 1:35 PM
I can usually tell just by the way the conversation is going or how it begins; sometimes I can look at a profile on A4A and just tell that something's not right about it; it contradicts itself or it sounds too good to be true and, yeah, if the profile is sparse, that's also a red flag for me. Anyone asking me for money is a red flag; since the app focuses on local men, anyone who is way outside of my local area is suspect. Bots, well, they can be programmed to act and respond but, yep, they can almost tell you that you're not talking to another human and a trick to trip one up is to say something or ask a question that no programmer in the world would ever think about - even if what you say is pure nonsense. I haven't run into one on A4A but I've seen a couple of scammers - those guys are stupid - and the flakes have always been there so they're like furniture.

All of the apps started out being good for getting some dick... then the bad apples showed up and apps like A4A went to shit pretty quickly. I've heard guys complaining about Grindr and Growlr - flakes and guys offering sex as long as you can pay for it, stuff like that. And while I've gotten a lot of dick on A4A, I'd rather run into a like-minded guy at the supermarket before relying on the app.

Cum1st
Nov 14, 2021, 9:05 PM
I've gotten over the idea that any of the guy I communicate on line is the one.

I've got a work friend possibility. Hints in banter are ratcheting us closer. We have a trusting enough relationship to bring it up. Maybe soon.

biguy7.5
Nov 14, 2021, 9:23 PM
I quit A4A due to that. Some dope tried to black mail me. He didnt get far. I work I/t security,. lol

KDaddy23
Nov 15, 2021, 3:26 PM
I quit A4A due to that. Some dope tried to black mail me. He didnt get far. I work I/t security,. lol

Yeah... had some guy try that one on me and he didn't believe me when I said I could find his IP address and find him since I was a IT systems engineer; he changed his tone when I located him. There are just some people you shouldn't try to fuck with online...

Jozyxt
Nov 23, 2021, 9:18 AM
And while I've gotten a lot of dick on A4A, I'd rather run into a like-minded guy at the supermarket before relying on the app.

My skills at connecting with women met at random is pretty bad. I wouldn't have a clue on how to negotiate a date with a guy at the supermarket without embarrassing myself. I don't deal well with subtlety and hints.

Nocockyet
Nov 23, 2021, 7:28 PM
I noticed a trend too when you are exchanging locations they say "I stay near" and then name a random street in the town I give as my location. At first I thought they were out of staying at a hotel, but there aren't hotels on any of the streets they give. When I asked one person what that meant, they completely ignored the question. That seems to be an indicator to me now. It's hard enough to try and make something happen, and you gotta wade through that BS

Jozyxt
Nov 23, 2021, 7:46 PM
An account of a 20YO guy from "India" just messaged me. The photo looks black. I am going to run with it for a while to see what the account is up to.

Jozyxt
Nov 25, 2021, 7:17 PM
An account of a 20YO guy from "India" just messaged me. The photo looks black. I am going to run with it for a while to see what the account is up to.

The account claims to be looking for a long term relationship with a man. And despite my stating my incompatibility with that he persists in contacting me. This is the second account that has tried to lure me to Google Hangouts. There must be a reason they want Hangout video calls. But probably a scammer. I just don't understand the game.

KDaddy23
Nov 27, 2021, 2:36 PM
My skills at connecting with women met at random is pretty bad. I wouldn't have a clue on how to negotiate a date with a guy at the supermarket without embarrassing myself. I don't deal well with subtlety and hints.

Even when I go shopping, I often see men checking me out and some blatantly staring and giving me their version of "the look." I figure that if they wanted to get my attention, well, they got it so, um, now what? One guy was kinda following me and he was so obvious that Stevie Wonder would have seen him; he finally strolled over and acted like he wanted something from the shelf I was standing in front of and said, "Yo, um, can I talk to you for a minute?" I said, "Well, you're standing here so...?" And he hit on me - seems he has a thing for older guys like me - and asked, "Can I get that dick?"

I was trying not to laugh but I heard him out, he passed my asshole test, and I followed him home so he could blow me. I have learned over the years to be very mindful of what's going on around me which is why I often see guys checking me out wherever I happen to be; whether they have the nerve to come on over and introduce themselves and make an offer is something else. Decades ago, I realized that I didn't have to run around asking guys if they wanted to have sex and more so when I was looking for guys, I'd never find them. It was easier to let them find me and make an offer... and it still is.

Jozyxt
Nov 27, 2021, 8:08 PM
When I am out, I hardly ever pay attention to the men around me. I'll see if I can pick up on it.

Jozyxt
Dec 6, 2021, 9:21 AM
Just got another. The profile claimed to be 40 miles from me, which is really too far, but I answered it. The account then said it was 250 miles away. But they could travel if I could host. LOL The account called me "Bud" all the time, which seems to be a tell for a fake account. Because of the location discrepancy, I blocked the account.

I had another account contact me overnight too. The message seemed to respond to my desires in my profile. So far they haven't replied to my response. This one may be real.

aut17umn
Dec 11, 2021, 2:52 AM
Even when I go shopping, I often see men checking me out and some blatantly staring and giving me their version of "the look." I figure that if they wanted to get my attention, well, they got it so, um, now what? One guy was kinda following me and he was so obvious that Stevie Wonder would have seen him; he finally strolled over and acted like he wanted something from the shelf I was standing in front of and said, "Yo, um, can I talk to you for a minute?" I said, "Well, you're standing here so...?" And he hit on me - seems he has a thing for older guys like me - and asked, "Can I get that dick?"

I was trying not to laugh but I heard him out, he passed my asshole test, and I followed him home so he could blow me. I have learned over the years to be very mindful of what's going on around me which is why I often see guys checking me out wherever I happen to be; whether they have the nerve to come on over and introduce themselves and make an offer is something else. Decades ago, I realized that I didn't have to run around asking guys if they wanted to have sex and more so when I was looking for guys, I'd never find them. It was easier to let them find me and make an offer... and it still is.

You should write a book! Seems like men always magnetic to you. lol

Jozyxt
Dec 11, 2021, 8:57 PM
I changed my VPN to another city than the one I live in and and allowed A4A to use my location in Chrome. A4A starts slamming me with winks from accounts located in that area. Despite my profile listing my real city. At most I get a few words back then nothing. So probably bots.

If I move the VPN to my city do I get local bots?

Cum1st
Dec 11, 2021, 11:10 PM
Maybe a year ago or less my wife and I were in an Ollie's store. It's a place where price is what it's all about. She and I entered together, and after checking out what brought us there and things that we wouldn't pick up without the other's input we dispersed roughly keeping track of each other.

I ended up in the man area. A broad shouldered guy started making his presence known about half the short isle away. We Made eye contact, but knowing my sweetie wasn't far away I kept perusing the 'bargains' right past him. During this she turned into the isle ready to go. He didn't shrink away, but I got the impression he understood it wasn't to be.

I'm quite certain she wouldn't have a problem with me seeing another man, but she wouldn't want to have it in her face.

RisingBi
Dec 17, 2021, 6:36 AM

You've been my hero for a long time now! I wish I had your karma.