PDA

View Full Version : Help! I can't see most pics that are posted!

Rest85
Oct 27, 2021, 11:55 PM
Why oh why can't I see most pics that people post?

I can often only see this sort of thing in lieu of the photo.

Name: IMG_20200125_233136.jpg Views: 60 Size: 19.3 KB

Jazminedress
Oct 28, 2021, 1:00 AM
happened to a ton of us.............make sure to report it

Neonaught
Oct 28, 2021, 10:11 AM
In Chrome just right click the file name and select "open in new tab" works for me

SilkyHoseLover
Oct 28, 2021, 2:57 PM
Believe I've seen you complain of this on previous occasions. There are plenty of helpful users here and a lot of readily-accessible information to be found via search engines. These will instruct you how to go into the Settings on your browser to make sure that images are permitted to displayed.

In order for someone here to give you some suggestions, it would help them/us help YOU if you would take the time to provide useful information about the platform on which you're experiencing this problem.

Is it a mobile device, such as a phone or a tablet? If so, iOS/iPadOS or android? Version?
Desktop or laptop? iOS, Windows or Linux? Version?
Browser - Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Brave, other?
Regular or Private/Incognito mode? Or both?
Browser extensions? Some can be set to block images.

What steps have you taken in an attempt to correct this issue?

I normally use Firefox in incognito mode or Chrome, and never have any problems.

csreef
Oct 28, 2021, 9:54 PM
I have reported this, and nothing happens. . .

void()
Oct 31, 2021, 9:03 AM
I concur with SilkyHoseLover. For anyone to offer any meaningful assistance information is needed from the user.

delpark
Oct 31, 2021, 11:21 PM
I have encountered the same problem. A few moments ago I tried what was in Post #3, the right click. I chose option "View Image", was taken to a page that I didn't have permission or was not logged in. I was given the option of logging in (again, I logged in before clicking any thread). When I re-logged in, the image came up as as a page. I then went to another thread where there are pic, and the pics are now visible.

Using a non-chrome browser.

hairy69
Nov 2, 2021, 6:52 AM
I am having the same issue for the past few months and have tried searching for ways to correct this, but am finding nothing to help. I use a computer, browser is microsoft edge, and I log in on incognito mode. Haven't been able to see pics for quite awhile now, and would like to find a solution. TIA!!!

SilkyHoseLover
Nov 2, 2021, 1:38 PM
I am having the same issue for the past few months and have tried searching for ways to correct this, but am finding nothing to help. I use a computer, browser is microsoft edge, and I log in on incognito mode.

Some good information... Have you tried other browsers? And 'regular' mode vs incognito? Oddly, I see all images using Chrome, Firefox and Edge, regardless of browsing mode. This is becoming an interesting problem to me -- would like to be able to help. I don't like not knowing why things don't work right...