PDA

View Full Version : ghosted on silverdaddies

yearning2spread
Sep 15, 2021, 6:17 AM
I traded a couple of emails with an older gentleman on silverdaddies. I thought I would be able to set up a meeting with him, but he never replied to my last email. It's been three months so I realized a while ago that I had been ghosted. Has this kind of thing happened to others?

I'm bummed out. He is an older experienced top, the kind of guy who seemed like a good candidate to pop my cherry. I figured if someone would be ghosting, it would be some young immature guy not someone in their 60s. I guess I have to keep looking.

happymouthandtongue
Sep 15, 2021, 6:48 AM
It happens a lot, some guys get excited and then, get scared to meet, chicken out and stop responding. Some are just picture collectors and some get turned on by browsing for connections, talking about hook ups and what each other likes. They jackoff and then they decide not to hook up. It’s a pain in the ass.

Basin_Bouy
Sep 15, 2021, 8:07 AM
Unfortunately, it is the norm, wish it was not … but it is

missn3njerry
Sep 15, 2021, 10:06 AM
Agree, it happens all the time, and not just SD....while I've met a few really good guys online, getting ghosted is just a "cost of doing business".

Jozyxt
Sep 15, 2021, 10:19 AM
Don't take it personally. It is just part of life. He may not be as serious as his ad says or there was just something that didn't connect. I know you are disappointed. Keep up the search. It will happen.

Tag200
Sep 15, 2021, 11:25 AM
I traded a couple of emails with an older gentleman on silverdaddies. I thought I would be able to set up a meeting with him, but he never replied to my last email. It's been three months so I realized a while ago that I had been ghosted. Has this kind of thing happened to others?

I'm bummed out. He is an older experienced top, the kind of guy who seemed like a good candidate to pop my cherry. I figured if someone would be ghosting, it would be some young immature guy not someone in their 60s. I guess I have to keep looking.

yeah happens a lot… but sometimes it’s unintentional as you only get two emails a day unless you pay … Siu have had guys I meant to get back to but didn’t have email that day then didn’t log in for a while and email drops off.. when j find someone if I tetet I email them off line in direct email to avoid that

KDaddy23
Sep 15, 2021, 2:21 PM
I agree; getting ghosted is now an occupational hazard that's just part of the whole in these things. It's hard not to take it personally since being ghosted "says" that you're not worth them taking any risks for even though you know that there are a lot of men who are chomping at the bit to do the deed like this but other things make sure that they can't. The bad part is that getting ghosted never gives you the answer to why they ghosted you and that almost always makes us think the worst about them or, sometimes, ourselves. And, yeah - some guys just find that they can't do any of that shit they've been thinking and talking about and instead of letting you know that they can't do it, they just go away. The sucky part about the apps is that common courtesy goes out the window; if I can't do you like we'd both want to happen, I'm going to tell you why I can't. I've ghosted some guys... because they proved to be my idea of an asshole and there's nothing else I want to say to them after they've proven this to me except common courtesy demands that I, at the very least, send them one last message and say, "It ain't gonna work - sorry." But not sorry in this situation.

You're gonna get ghosted. Don't let it fuck with you. Just keep at it because if it's something you really need to do, you'll keep working at finding a way to do it.

cornholejoe
Sep 15, 2021, 3:59 PM
it has happen to me some and i have also hooked up some getting ghosted is no big deal to me

bikurinpa
Sep 15, 2021, 4:34 PM

Ghosting is a very common game. Happens on ALL the sites, problem is, 99.9% has no real intentions of meeting someone, they just like to get on the site, find someone to chat with to get off and once they gotten off, you wont hear back from them until next time they horny. Filtering out all the filter outs, and incompatibles, out of 100 that CLAIMED to be serious over the yrs of chatting, well not found 1 yet that was serious!!

bikurinpa
Sep 15, 2021, 4:40 PM
yeah happens a lot… but sometimes it’s unintentional as you only get two emails a day unless you pay … Siu have had guys I meant to get back to but didn’t have email that day then didn’t log in for a while and email drops off.. when j find someone if I tetet I email them off line in direct email to avoid that
I know most are free members with 2 a day limit, but I spell out my email in my profile description so they do not cover it with " non supporting member, send message instead" but I found if a email is not in total email format, most can not figure it out! or I give a email when replying and most will still reply thru the site. (quoted above must been typing on a phone) fatfinger typing!

Jozyxt
Sep 15, 2021, 5:58 PM
Being ghosted gives you some sympathy for what women go through dating men. If they can deal with it and still look for men, we can too.:)

Road Warrior
Sep 16, 2021, 2:12 PM
That has happened to me on there as well. There just basically isn't a whole lot going on on that forum.

I've been ghosted a few times myself. __PRESENT

Flypaper
Sep 17, 2021, 8:51 AM
I was pursued rather aggressively by a 20ish guy when I was on SD, who was either besotted or too immature to understand boundaries. Although I was terribly attracted to him - we swapped emails, some pics and chatted a few times - he started calling my phone at very inconvenient times and threatened to put me to my wife if I didn’t agree to a “support arrangement”.

Not only did I “ghost” him but I had to close my account and block him on my phone. He just texted me again from a new number,and I just blocked without a reply.

This experience has made me quite a bit more cautious.

SilkyHoseLover
Sep 17, 2021, 10:38 AM
Although I was terribly attracted to him - we swapped emails, some pics and chatted a few times - he started calling my phone at very inconvenient times and threatened to put me to my wife if I didn?t agree to a ?support arrangement?. <snip> This experience has made me quite a bit more cautious.

Ouch! This is one of the reasons I don't give out my cell # until we've exchanged substantive information and actually met face-to-face for an initial how-do-you-do. It wouldn't necessarily guarantee that nobody would try to pull that on me, but it would seem to lessen the chance that it might happen.

I've been ghosted, stood-up and just about every other permutation that you can name relative to fakes & flakes on adult sites. Once, way back in our 'swinging' days, my wife and I met with a guy we'd considered playing with. He'd given me one name in our preliminary email conversations, but when we sat down at the table to talk with him, he 'confessed' that it wasn't his real name. Then he claimed that his actual first name was the same as mine. So he's already lied to me once, then comes back with a questionable claim about having the same first name that I do. Later on in the conversation, he appeared very pleased with himself, chuckling as he admitted that he liked to 'fuck with people' in giving them phony information.

Nevertheless, we were stupid and agreed to get together at a future date and time. He sent a 'can't make it' email 5 minutes before his scheduled arrival time.

Ya gotta have thick skin to play in this pond. Hopefully, it's smooth, though, and feels good to the touch! :bigrin:

Vidlandski1
Sep 17, 2021, 11:09 AM
Sometimes ghosting is the only way to get rid of someone who keeps trolling you. I had a similar bad experience like Flypaper. I chatted with a guy and told him that we were not compatible in terms of what we were looking for, but he kept sending messages (like 30 a day to my private email) for weeks. I just had to ghost him.

dowmass
Sep 17, 2021, 4:46 PM
Sometimes ghosting is the only way to get rid of someone who keeps trolling you. I had a similar bad experience like Flypaper. I chatted with a guy and told him that we were not compatible in terms of what we were looking for, but he kept sending messages (like 30 a day to my private email) for weeks. I just had to ghost him.

People get very creative when it comes to inventing reasons. One time i was to meet this top at a star bucks and i was there 10 minutes before the appointment. As the appointed time, this dude called me to say that he had to drive his wife to the airport as ?something important and urgent had come up at her work place ?. So he can?t make it.
Logically that would mean he had the house to himself (his kids lived elsewhere).

Logic doesn?t work, because he never called again. There are lot of flakes , liars and devious people in the world!

Jozyxt
Sep 17, 2021, 4:54 PM

I just ghosted a guy that found me on A4A. He sent me some nude photos and we switched over to Kik where he claimed to be 18 YO gay man from Ghana. He was very insistent we should be friends. But that will of course lead nowhere good. I cut him off on Kik and he started back on A4A. IDK if he really is a young gay man trying to get acceptance, or a crook trying to sell me a scheme, or a scammer of some other sort. And it doesn't matter. He is blocked.

My opsec includes a VOIP phone app that has a seperate phone number that i untraceable to me without out a warrant. I give it out fairly easily. If it gets burned and connected to me, I can easily drop it and get another number.

One guy I met with gave me his real phone number. After we sucked each other, I started telling him about himself based on simple internet searches. Mentioning what his house looked like. I then advised him to get a VOIP number and the next day he texted me from Google Voice. Smart move.

SilkyHoseLover
Sep 18, 2021, 9:07 AM
I wouldn't consider that ghosting. To me the term means that someone disappears without explanation after a seemingly promising course of conversation and mutual interest. In your case, you were clear that you felt that he wasn't a good match, and that should have been the end of it. Maybe one more polite refusal, as a courtesy reminder, but after that, he deserved no more. His behavior was way out of bounds, with all those followup emails.

Are you familiar with mail filters? You could have had them sent straight to trash and never heard from him again...

Cum1st
Sep 18, 2021, 2:25 PM
The last add I responded to eventually appeared to be a pranking kid or kids, not a 73 year old man who wanted to have a long BJ while laying naked in his bed.

I've saved the complete conversation and ad just in case.