PDA

View Full Version : toronto!

curiousmf
Oct 12, 2006, 3:14 PM
hey everyone,

i wanted to whisk my lady away to toronto for a weekend next month and wanted to know if some of you residents in canada (toronto area) knew much about the city as far as cool things to see. i've been there once when i was younger - saw the CN tower, phantom of the opera, etc, etc.

this time was looking more from a bar and hotel perspective. i wanted to stay relatively close to the gay village, so we could check that out, and see some of the bars, people, places.

do you know of any hotels near by? how about good straight/bi/gay bars/clubs?

any suggestions?

thanks.

Bi-ten
Oct 12, 2006, 10:41 PM
Hi,

I am not an expert, but you can try www.gaytoronto.com for maps, clubs etc...I hear that 'fly' is great but I haven't gone myself. This sunday is the toronto marathon, I will be running a half (21k).

Have fun in T.O.!

Tocowboycub
Oct 13, 2006, 9:04 AM
Hello,

Toronto's gay village is on Church Street fron College Street at the south to several blocks north of Wellesley Street.

There are several great restaurants, my favs are Church Street Diner, O'Grady's and especially PJ Mellons.

As for bars: Woody's is a good old stand-by, O'Grady's is packed on Friday nights. Fly is great, but doesn't get going till very late and tends to draw a very specific crowd.

The Toronto Delta Chealsea Hotel is a very popular hotel and reasonably close to the gay village. There are several others; see links below

http://www.gaycanada.com/regional/index.php?p=ON&c=Toronto
http://toronto.com/

Careful with the website gaytoronto.com, while it could be a great resource, I just had a look through it and it's HORRIBLY out of date. There are tons of listing for bars and restaurants that don't exist any more.

There's a start, if you have any questions, feel free to send me a message.

Cheers
S

bearisbare
Oct 13, 2006, 1:25 PM
If you're looking to go out dancing in a very bi-positive space, I would recommend the twice-monthly Screww dance nights at Buddies In Bad Times theatre, 12 Alexander Street, two blocks north of Yonge and Carlton.

They happen on the first and third Fridays of the month, from 10:30 p.m.. It's essentially a retro music night with the occasional more recent song. One thing I enjoy about it is that it feels like a place you can be equally comfortable with your same-sex friends/sweeties as those of the opposite sex (or both together). Very few bars in Toronto give me that kind of comfort level. Their website is www.screww.ca .