PDA

View Full Version : Just Need Some Advice

wild_irish_rose06
Jul 16, 2005, 2:51 AM
Ok Here Goes,
About Two Nights Ago, I Got Drunk And My Best Friend (Girl) And I Slept Together( That Was The Night She Came Out To Me As Well), I Don't Regret It Or Anything, Now She Wants To Be A Couple And So Do I, Since Then She Has Been Making Advances And Everything And I Have Been Flirting Back, And I Have Thought About Her And That Night Constantly Since And Want To Be With Her ,BUT, I Can't Seem To Get Over The Weirdness But She Isn't Weird About It At All.We Were Talking About It Today And I Remember Thinking That Its Pretty Bad When I Can Sleep With Someone I Haven't Known For That Long, But I Can't Make Love To My Best Friend.....I Was Just Wondering If Maybe It's Weird To Me B/c I Thought She Was Straight For 8 Years? B/c We're Best friends?B/c It Happened/Is Happening So Fast? Or All Of Those? Do You Think It Might Take Some Time To Let Everything Set In?

Thanks For Your Advice Everyone I Really Appreciate It
:female: :flag1:

jaytoppin
Jul 17, 2005, 1:21 AM
Why And Or How Is It You Write Every Word With The First Letter Capitolized?

I'm a guy so maybe I shouldn't be butting in here but my wife (also bi) has a best friend and they had an intimate evening some fourteen years ago. She told me it was erotic, it was fun but it just wasn't love.

So I asked her about your situation, she told me it if was her, she'd step back from the situation for a few days so she could understand her own feelings better. Tell the other person this of course, she should understand you want some time. Once you step back, you may be better able to look at the situation more objectively. :2cents:

I'm cheering for you! :)

Bigc69
Jul 18, 2005, 5:39 PM
I'd be interested to know your age. I think you should just sit back and wait. hot and especially unexpected sex can cloud you judgement. Why not just enjoy the sex and see what developes emotionaly

Heartless01
Jul 20, 2005, 8:11 AM
Okay, let's divide this up...

You said: About Two Nights Ago, I Got Drunk And My Best Friend (Girl) And I Slept Together

My input: Anything you do while drunk is probably going to become a funny story told by anyone who was watching at the time or a problem to solve later. No one is at maximum brain cell firing capacity while drunk. And I am NEVER at full brain cell firing capacity.....
_____
You said: I Don't Regret It Or Anything, Now She Wants To Be A Couple And So Do I...

My input: Congratz on having no regrets! I hate those things and have too many. BUT beware of any relationship that begins too fast, especially one that begins too fast after a sexual encounter. This is especially true in general for females and those that put great emotional value in all their sexual encounters.
______
You said: I Can't Seem To Get Over The Weirdness But She Isn't Weird About It At All.We Were Talking About It Today And I Remember Thinking That Its Pretty Bad When I Can Sleep With Someone I Haven't Known For That Long, But I Can't Make Love To My Best Friend....

My input: When I had my earliest bisexual experience/relationship, I had no weird feelings about it at all. I was comfortable and felt fine. I do have to say that I am unsure if my own comfortability was normal or abnormal (but I was not concerned much over normalicy then or now)....

What I am trying to say is that your friend may be mentally A Okay with her sexuality. I question her emotions though, due to the situation in which you both had sex.

You are correct in thinking that the weirdness may be due to the fact that you have known her for so long as a straight female, and that it IS happening so fast....TOO FAST.

Best friends can make great relationships happen. It is no guarantee..

First however, you should SLOW IT DOWN.

Second, both of you take the time to make an honest assessment of your feelings individually.

Third, both of you need to talk about what each expects from the other in a]this type of relationship, what each of you is willing to give, yadda yadda yadda....

:offtopic: (I should write an article dammit! I have lots of opinions to share! :mad: )

How old are you both? What kinds of lives do you come from? This kind of a relationship is not easy by any means. Think first....Hope the best for you....

rupertbare
Jul 21, 2005, 7:47 AM
It may be worth pointing out this old adage: "it is easier to go from being friends to being lovers than the reverse". I had a similar drunken experience with my, at that time, best male buddy - from that day on he was really nasty towards me and I vowed I'd never make the mistake again - but I did - with another male friend a coupla years later - some folk never learn!!

Rupe, UK.

rothchild
Jul 30, 2005, 9:20 PM
hmmmmm looking at what you said.. yeah it is hard..

but i think you really should have time to think so do your friend.. unless she has this feeling for you that you just don't notice..

in any situation, may it be straight relationship id think that turning from friends to lovers will give an awkward feeling..

and yeah age has alot to do..

anyway with all these things its still up to you what to do.goodluck!!