PDA

View Full Version : What do you do for work?

Alex_rose
Mar 15, 2021, 2:16 PM
Jus curious what everyone here does for a living and if you like it?

I work as a cook at a hospital. But really hate it, very stressful. Hoping to find something better. It does have good benefits for being per diem and a temp.

Oborokybiman
Mar 15, 2021, 3:36 PM
I work at a factory as a heavy equipment operator. Love it! Course I’ve been here for 23 years. 13 yrs in the Military prior to that!

needalittle05
Mar 15, 2021, 3:48 PM
Hi, retired now but worked as an electro-mechanical tech for a large manufacturing company.

NWMichCPL
Mar 15, 2021, 4:51 PM
I was a cook for awhile, which is probably why I have such an affinity for good bar food with a cold beer to wash it down. Right now I’m medically retired from the military and enjoying retired life with my wife.

cornholejoe
Mar 15, 2021, 5:06 PM
retired after working 40 years as a highway construction inspector and engerineer

mnjack
Mar 15, 2021, 5:58 PM
Retired electronics engineer here. Before that, I was also in the military for 12 years and then taught electronics for four years. I pretty much enjoyed it all.

GayGuy04
Mar 15, 2021, 7:59 PM
I work at a retirement independent living in the kitchen I have been their this June will be 8 years

novaguy027
Mar 15, 2021, 8:04 PM
Cop here.

1ebguy
Mar 15, 2021, 9:33 PM
Security integration..

Big brother stuff...

Jazminedress
Mar 15, 2021, 10:10 PM
Cop here.

wanna read me my rights

Long Duck Dong
Mar 16, 2021, 1:24 AM
retired at 47. Used to run online gaming companies and was working around 100-110 hours a week non stop until my heart said either you stop working or I will.

I still have fingers in pies, business wise, with friends so the money keeps rolling in and I keep giving it away because I have far more than I need or want......

Cum1st
Mar 16, 2021, 5:00 AM
I grew up working in my father's machine shop. In '68 at 18 I went out on my own. "If your not going to school you got to to leave." I was accepted to the local community college at $150 a semester - easily two weeks pay at the super market I was working for. My grand father had contributed $50 to help. I realized I didn't like school or living at home and didn't sign up. I moved out into a former resort. After losing my cherry and learning how to jerk off I moved in with a horny country western woman (29). Her brother worked for a carpenter/builder and I got a job with him.

Ted was highly intelligent and retained knowledge. Work days often ended at lunch when we'd hit the local bar. We eventually became partners as he usually had difficulty making payroll. On the other hand he was a tireless mentor to me. So much was missing from my upbringing. Among other things, he coached me into acquiring a burned out jerry rigged cabin with a hundred dollars down on a contract of sale at the age of twenty. With the skills he taught me it became my first house.

We fell apart early in my first marriage. Her ass was perfect in those snug fitting blue corduroy pants. She picked me, and I went for her. Her firm tits with fantastic nipples are amongst my all time favorites. I had willingly had my first MM experience before I met her, but was conflicted with the queer aspect of it.

Construction bottomed out in the recession of the seventies. The three of us (daughter) got along fine homesteading. With a paid for place, pigs, chickens, a 1/4 acre garden, wood heat, and a morning paper route we made ends meet.

We'd been getting raw milk from a farmer who was the brother of the feed mill owner we were dealing with. One milk run his GF was there. (No it didn't become a foursome.) She had her carb rebuilt, and it still wasn't right. Quick fix - free milk. After that I became the local farm equipment mechanic. As farmers moved on ahead of an area housing boom it morphed into auto repair with a machine shop on the side.

After many years of this I moved from New Jersey to rural Pennsylvania. Instead of opening up shop and after being semi retired for a while I took a job as an industrial mechanic. I love it, and it gets me up and doing at 71. I quickly lost the dread of being an employee.

SilkyHoseLover
Mar 16, 2021, 9:42 AM
I started working for one of the Big 3 auto companies as a test driver, then moved on to other roles in research & engineering. I spent the last 20 years in numerical control, digitizing models, creating tool paths for milling machines, working with emerging tech, such as stereo lithography (an early form of 3-D printing) and non-contact scanning, etc.

I had major fun, playing with a LOT of high-tech toys!

Been retired since 2007, when the auto industry went into a huge slump. I wasn't ready to retire, but was offered a great separation package that included full benefits, a supplement that lasted until I was old enough to collect SS, and 13 months salary dumped into an IRA. I couldn't afford to refuse it.

Although I loved my job, it took about 1/2 a day to get used to retirement, and I haven't been bored for a second.

Do I need to mention that I developed an interest in kinky sex rather early on in my retirement, and that's kept me pretty interested and occupied? :bigrin:

novaguy027
Mar 16, 2021, 11:19 AM
Sure.

novaguy027
Mar 16, 2021, 1:33 PM
wanna read me my rights

Hell yeah.

NWMichCPL
Mar 16, 2021, 1:46 PM
I remember the test tracks near Romeo when I was growing up.

Bi-Rõnin
Mar 16, 2021, 2:11 PM
Construction, cctv sewer inspection

SilkyHoseLover
Mar 17, 2021, 8:22 AM
I remember the test tracks near Romeo when I was growing up.

Went there on a temporary assignment a couple of times in the 70s...

asimov800
Mar 17, 2021, 1:47 PM
Nurse and paramedic. Firefighter in 80's. Work at hospital with duties to travel region doing eduction for EMS agencies.

ClassicPaCpl
Mar 17, 2021, 3:09 PM
Work for the military

Fredrock4fun
Mar 17, 2021, 4:47 PM
Active Duty Army here. Trying to get 10 more years!

NJwood
Mar 17, 2021, 9:48 PM
Certified arborist. I get paid to climb trees amongst other aspects. To think my mom used to scold me for it!

Jazminedress
Mar 17, 2021, 10:50 PM
Hell yeah.

up against the wall and spread em,,,,,lol

SlowNEZ
Mar 19, 2021, 1:48 PM
Small town doctor here.
Love it.
It’s not like work, so I never think of retirement.
People are fun, and helping them is a privilege.

Alex_rose
Mar 19, 2021, 4:32 PM
That's great, I hope to have something like that one day. I dread going to work.