PDA

View Full Version : i think the software used on this site has some bugs...

rayosytruenos
Sep 27, 2006, 3:49 PM
Hi everyone!

I don't know if it happens just to me or if it is something that others have experienced it too, but it seems that there is some bug with the software used on this site that needs fixing... :)

I am keener to check those profiles with pics than the ones with no pics, so I usually check the profiles on the "Who's online" list with the "Member has a Personal Ad with Pictures" icon, and also the profiles on the "New and Updated Personal Ads in your Area" list with the camera icon meaning they have pics on their profiles, but I'm rather shocked that sometimes in both lists and nevertheless the icons indicating they have pics, once I've checked their profiles there are none!!!

Has it happened to you too? Why is that?

All the best,

ray

yoyo4u
Sep 27, 2006, 4:38 PM
Nooooooooo.........nobody has experienced that :tongue:

It is probably just your age (99) :tongue:

For that (admittedly) you look good !!!

yoyo

rayosytruenos
Sep 27, 2006, 6:09 PM
Nooooooooo.........nobody has experienced that :tongue:

It is probably just your age (99) :tongue:

For that (admittedly) you look good !!!

yoyo

lol... yeah, it could be my age... actually I'm 2,600 years old... I'm an Egyptian mummy recently reincarnated again... Does it sound the name Imhotep familiar to you? Have you seen the movies "The Mummy" and "The Mummy Returns" with Brendan Fraser and Arnold Vosloo? Arnold Vosloo plays the role of the reincarnated Imhotep, my alter ego... :bigrin:

yoyo4u
Sep 27, 2006, 6:51 PM
I knew I've seen you before........ :)

Although I couldn't find any mummies among your pictures, the mammas and the pappas will do just fine for me...... :tongue:

Let me in on your secret how you maintain a six-pack ab like yours, as I am nurturing (it seems like!) a keg myself........... :tongue:

yoyo

codybear3
Sep 27, 2006, 10:16 PM
I knew I've seen you before........ :)

Although I couldn't find any mummies among your pictures, the mammas and the pappas will do just fine for me...... :tongue:

Let me in on your secret how you maintain a six-pack ab like yours, as I am nurturing (it seems like!) a keg myself........... :tongue:

yoyo

Never could figure out why the babes always go for the six pack guys when they could always have a full keg?!?!?! :bigrin:

Growing up, the only monster I was afraid of was the mummy... :eek:

And Ray, Yes, I too have found that icons indicating photos sometimes have none... :paw: :paw:

taz67156
Sep 28, 2006, 12:36 AM
some of it could be an error or it could also be that the person just removed the pics and the site didn't have time to refresh everything so I'd keep checking and if it still happens the email drew about it

canuckotter
Sep 28, 2006, 7:14 AM
My theory is that it might think that having an avatar counts as having a picture, even though it's not displayed in the picture area.

littlerayofsunshine
Sep 28, 2006, 10:12 AM
If someone has only uploaded one picture and also clicked the make this my profile pic, it places it in the upper right hand corner of the ad and not in pic section. Therefor giving you a camera icon or showing that person has pics. At least thats what I understand.

12voltman59
Sep 29, 2006, 12:38 AM
I too have come across profiles that indicate someone has pics but when I go to their profile--many times they will not have any sort of pic or even an avatar--

As someone said--the only thing I can figure is that the site does not update itself if someone had pics posted at one point but removed them--its kind of like when you see someone's name as being online on the site's home page and you see where they are supposed to be--it might say they are chatting and you go there to find not only are they not currently chatting or online---but that they had left some significant time before....

deletetacount123
Sep 29, 2006, 12:48 AM
I too have come across profiles that indicate someone has pics but when I go to their profile--many times they will not have any sort of pic or even an avatar--

As someone said--the only thing I can figure is that the site does not update itself if someone had pics posted at one point but removed them--its kind of like when you see someone's name as being online on the site's home page and you see where they are supposed to be--it might say they are chatting and you go there to find not only are they not currently chatting or online---but that they had left some significant time before....

I see that a lot too .... its kinda annoying if its someone you're looking for cause you need to talk to them. Shows them as online and in the chat, you go there and find out the person left a few mins ago lol

Tasha

taz67156
Sep 29, 2006, 12:51 AM
I have found the same problem with the chat but remember everyone that the site doesn't refresh that fast

chook
Sep 29, 2006, 2:41 AM
I have come across this problem too, heaps of times I have checked the who's online and saw that the person I wanted to chat with was in the room only to find out that they are not there once I went in...maybe the software can be adjusted to compensate this problem......buggered if I know??????

Cheers Chook :bigrin:

shameless agitator
Sep 29, 2006, 1:33 PM
I've just started having a different problem with the forum. On a few of the threads I can't see all of the entries. It seems that 5 is teh magic number. That's all the posts it will let me even though it shows that there are many more from the main forum page. Anybody else run into this? Any ideas how to correct for it?

shameless agitator
Sep 29, 2006, 1:45 PM
Well, for whatever reason, posting in the threads let me read the rest of the posts.

taz67156
Sep 29, 2006, 3:29 PM
I've just started having a different problem with the forum. On a few of the threads I can't see all of the entries. It seems that 5 is teh magic number. That's all the posts it will let me even though it shows that there are many more from the main forum page. Anybody else run into this? Any ideas how to correct for it?

you might try running the java update and IE update to see if that changes anything.

Brian
Sep 30, 2006, 10:35 AM
Hi All!

I see that a lot too .... its kinda annoying if its someone you're looking for cause you need to talk to them. Shows them as online and in the chat, you go there and find out the person left a few mins ago lol

Tasha Yeah I know that is a bit quirky, The reason is that the "Who's Online" actually shows everyone who has been on the site in the last 12 minutes. And the chat obviously is completely live. So that is why there is sometimes a discrepancy. I can adjust the 12 minutes timeframe and maybe I will do so to make the Who's Online more accurate - maybe turn it down to 5 minutes.

I've just started having a different problem with the forum. On a few of the threads I can't see all of the entries. It seems that 5 is teh magic number. That's all the posts it will let me even though it shows that there are many more from the main forum page. Anybody else run into this? Any ideas how to correct for it? That's a weird one. Are you an AOL user? 'Cause it sounds a bit like the AOL 504 problem which seems to be able to be fixed by following the procedure in this thread: http://main.bisexual.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1625 If you are not an AOL user then I would call your ISP. I don't think it's anything directly to do with our site.

I too have come across profiles that indicate someone has pics but when I go to their profile--many times they will not have any sort of pic or even an avatar I see what you mean. I wasn't aware of that bug and I will look into it very soon.

- Drew :paw:

Brian
Sep 30, 2006, 10:38 AM
That's a weird one. Are you an AOL user? 'Cause it sounds a bit like the AOL 504 problem which seems to be able to be fixed by following the procedure in this thread: http://main.bisexual.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1625 If you are not an AOL user then I would call your ISP. I don't think it's anything directly to do with our site.

- Drew :paw: I should have posted a link directly to the relevant AOL page, since you may not be able to see all the posts in that thread:

http://help.aol.com/AIMhelp/dynamickc.do?externalId=http--helpchannelsaolcom-kjumpadparticleId219066&sliceId=&command=show&forward=nonthreadedKC&kcId=http--helpchannelsaolcom-kjumpadparticleId219066

- Drew :paw:

rayosytruenos
Sep 30, 2006, 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by 12voltman59:
I too have come across profiles that indicate someone has pics but when I go to their profile--many times they will not have any sort of pic or even an avatar

I see what you mean. I wasn't aware of that bug and I will look into it very soon.

- Drew :paw: Thank you, Drew! :bowdown:

I was counting on you to check the board sooner or later and come with a solution and as usual, you didn't fail me. Thanks again for your continuous work on the site! :bibounce:

All the best,

ray