PDA

View Full Version : Question about creativity and libido

stonebow
Oct 5, 2020, 12:38 AM
Ok so I'm a woodworker by trade but apart from my occupation, most of my pastimes also involve making things, usually out of wood, metal or leather.....and before you ask, yes I have designed and built a couple pieces of B&D gear. Anyway, I've noticed that I'll often have random sexual thoughts as I'm in the middle of a project, especially if it's going well. My wife, an artist, has also exhibited an increased interest in sex whenever she's on a roll with her work.

So here's my question; have any of you other creative types noticed a correlation between your sex drive and your creativity? I read once that Lady Gaga took a vow of celibacy because she felt her creativity was being drained through her vagina whenever she engaged in sex. What I want to know is if there really is a connection between sex and creativity, does it have to be an either/or thing? Can't I have both hot, soul satisfying sex AND the self expression of my craft work as well? I know it's sometimes hard to concentrate on getting work done because all I can think of is getting laid. Once I bust a nut though, I can tackle a project with renewed energy and focus.

I suspect creating and procreating are essentially, the same drive...just finding different outlets. As long as there's a balance between the two, I for one, am a happy guy!

bicuriouslondonguy
Oct 5, 2020, 1:10 AM
I think it's because we're just more sexual creatures when we're happy. We have more energy and it can help when you're releasing natural endorphins :)

Neonaught
Oct 5, 2020, 7:43 AM
I am no artist but my wife is. Unfortunately there is no increase in libido when she works. I wish!!!!

Jazminedress
Oct 5, 2020, 10:45 AM
when I am writing and playing a lot, I feel more free..............but, that makes sense as depending on the type of song I write, the guys I play with all very much get into the emotion of the song, we dont just throw notes and words at it. So in that sense I can see how sexuality can be heightened. The music/ acting is packed with bi and gay people

KDaddy23
Oct 5, 2020, 3:32 PM
I'm a musician and learned that being one did play into my desires to have sex and, yeah, in some rather creative ways. Music can invoke... feelings and thoughts and some of them can turn the mind to sex; there have been times when I've been practicing or even performing and I just feel the music and how it's making me feel and the more moving the piece of music, the more sensual it can make me feel and my lust just comes to the front, not only insisting that I have sex but also reminding me of the connection I have with music. It's creativity; it's a form of self-expression and even if you're playing someone else's music. I can't even begin to think about what kind of sexual person I'd be without music being such an integral part of me. There is a connection between creativity and sex and one that I have a hard time trying to explain other than to say that if you're creative in some kind of way, it opens up a lot of things inside you that allows you to see and feel things that, perhaps, those who aren't that creative - or imaginative - don't easily see or feel. Music is my gateway to myself and puts me in touch with my emotions - all of them including sex.

stonebow
Oct 5, 2020, 4:10 PM
when I am writing and playing a lot, I feel more free..............but, that makes sense as depending on the type of song I write, the guys I play with all very much get into the emotion of the song, we dont just throw notes and words at it. So in that sense I can see how sexuality can be heightened. The music/ acting is packed with bi and gay people

It's hardly a secret that the entertainment industry is full of gay and bi folks.....and straight folks too. My question was not so much about orientation but sexual energy/desire. Are artistic personalities any hornier than those who don't regard themselves as particularly creative?

tenni
Oct 5, 2020, 4:33 PM
I'm a visual artist, arts writer, media artist. I find with visual arts that I use to be more energized when I worked with a model and pastels and acrylic. It was more spontaneous than video art. Video art was more cognitively based than visual arts with a model. I frequently could not get to sleep with the figure drawings in part due to the process that I used. It was more subconscious initially and I could label or title the work. I'm not sure if I would call it sexual energy but it was consuming and exciting. I would be more inclined to say that the creative energy over ruled any sexual energy. Creating video installations would also be expressing creative rather than a sexual energy but similar in the excitement. It would be stimulating like sexual energy but no orgasm cum shots..lol

Jazminedress
Oct 5, 2020, 7:34 PM
It's hardly a secret that the entertainment industry is full of gay and bi folks.....and straight folks too. My question was not so much about orientation but sexual energy/desire. Are artistic personalities any hornier than those who don't regard themselves as particularly creative?

thats what I was getting at, I think that because people are creative, it opens doors where as maybe others would be more inhibited, the more you get into your character, or music, or painting, the more free and more sexual energy you create around yourself, so yeah, I think it might

csreef
Oct 5, 2020, 9:17 PM
When I finally became comfortable with me being Bisexual, I became incredibly creative, and my problem solving ability went thru the roof.

KDaddy23
Oct 6, 2020, 12:41 PM
I've found that when people embrace their bisexuality, it just opens their minds and allows the creative - and other juices - to flow. You just see everything differently; you begin to see a lot of possibilities that are more doable and not so out of reach as previously thought, like one bi lady I know who, upon coming to grips with being bisexual, she not only started having more sex than ever before, she easily figured out how to start a business. With guys, well, once we figure out that we can have something other than pussy - and that getting some dick ain't as bad as everyone said it is - their libidos tend to ramp up big time and some become more creative in other endeavors. I began my music training before I discovered bisexuality... and now I'm giving some thought of whether my exposure to music gave me a push in this...

bibliss
Oct 6, 2020, 12:55 PM
I've long believed that sex, sexual pleasure and erotic desire are like gifts from the divine, the creator, God, or whatever one chooses to refer to sacred source... Not to be particularly religious at all, just a sense of inner wisdom and inner purpose and personal insight.

During periods when I feel most in contact with my sexuality, most embracing of my sexual energy and sexual desire, it seems to coincide with periods of mental, intellectual or spiritual growth as well... And I would definitely include artistic and creative growth. When I'm sexual I notice how it brings on a greater sense of productivity and development, a kind of personal Renaissance period.

I have felt this expansive feeling at many times and while what comes out of it seems different each time, the spark seems to be the the same, the sexual seems to be the link, and sex definitely seems to play into these periods of confidence, if you will...

Sex is a journey.

McBice
Oct 6, 2020, 10:30 PM
That's a very interesting question Stonebow, and for me the answer is both yes and no. I have often told my wife that I do 4 things really well, sex, food, art, and music, and everything else I can do is more or less luck and innocent mistakes. For many years I would consciously avoid mixing any of those 4 things. For instance, I absolutely cannot have music playing during sex, it is way too distracting. No matter how hard I try to ignore it, eventually my mind drifts off to 'damn that's a cool guitar riff' or 'why is that kick drum so loud', or 'wow, I haven't heard that song in forever', and that causes a complete loss of train of thought. My wife, on the other hand, finds music to be very arousing, particularly blues and 80's hair metal which is ironic because most of the music I've written or played has a lot influence from those two genres. As I have gotten older, I have been able to crossover things a little better, I do like to have music playing when I'm cooking or painting. About the only time I can think of that doing one leads to thoughts of arousal and sex is when my wife and I are painting together. That has, on occasion lead to an evening of drinking, painting, and debauchery. I know my wife gets a sexual charge out of being artistic and I suppose I do too, depending on what I'm working on.

stonebow
Oct 8, 2020, 7:45 PM
That's a very interesting question Stonebow, and for me the answer is both yes and no. I have often told my wife that I do 4 things really well, sex, food, art, and music, and everything else I can do is more or less luck and innocent mistakes. For many years I would consciously avoid mixing any of those 4 things. For instance, I absolutely cannot have music playing during sex, it is way too distracting. No matter how hard I try to ignore it, eventually my mind drifts off to 'damn that's a cool guitar riff' or 'why is that kick drum so loud', or 'wow, I haven't heard that song in forever', and that causes a complete loss of train of thought. My wife, on the other hand, finds music to be very arousing, particularly blues and 80's hair metal which is ironic because most of the music I've written or played has a lot influence from those two genres. As I have gotten older, I have been able to crossover things a little better, I do like to have music playing when I'm cooking or painting. About the only time I can think of that doing one leads to thoughts of arousal and sex is when my wife and I are painting together. That has, on occasion lead to an evening of drinking, painting, and debauchery. I know my wife gets a sexual charge out of being artistic and I suppose I do too, depending on what I'm working on.

Nice!...almost makes me wish I'd taken up painting when I first met my wife!...lol I sketch...and pretty well too if I do say so but not for its own sake. For me a sketch is just an intermediary step to realizing a concept in three dimensions.

stonebow
Oct 8, 2020, 7:48 PM
I've long believed that sex, sexual pleasure and erotic desire are like gifts from the divine, the creator, God, or whatever one chooses to refer to sacred source... Not to be particularly religious at all, just a sense of inner wisdom and inner purpose and personal insight.

During periods when I feel most in contact with my sexuality, most embracing of my sexual energy and sexual desire, it seems to coincide with periods of mental, intellectual or spiritual growth as well... And I would definitely include artistic and creative growth. When I'm sexual I notice how it brings on a greater sense of productivity and development, a kind of personal Renaissance period.

I have felt this expansive feeling at many times and while what comes out of it seems different each time, the spark seems to be the the same, the sexual seems to be the link, and sex definitely seems to play into these periods of confidence, if you will...

Sex is a journey.

I'm inclined to agree.

BiTexasGuy
Oct 9, 2020, 9:53 AM
I find I am more creative and poetic with the more passion and drive I have to fuck.

stonebow
Oct 9, 2020, 12:23 PM
The list of artists who had strong sex drives is long....Gustav Llimt, Pablo Picasso and Diego Rivera to name just a few. But there are also those like Emily Carr, who died a spinster and was such a prude she refused to even undress in front of another woman. Do artists with her mindset channel 100% of their repressed sexuality into their art?