PDA

View Full Version : Anyone who's been to Guelph, Ontario.... Advice please!! :-)

TashaSW
Sep 25, 2006, 2:43 AM
Well, Ive finally decided to do what *I* want to do......
I feel like I NEED to go to Ontario, I should be there not here in BC as many of you know Im unhappy here and would rather go back to Ontario where Im oringally from.
I do thank some of you who encouraged me to just move back to Ontario :-) My parents know and actually support it, they aren't happy but they know I need to live my own life and they want me to go there for a visit to explore which I do plan to do.

So heres my need for advice :-)
I have settled on moving to Guelph, Ontario.... I have NEVER been to this city, well, once back in 1998 to visit my friend's sister in Universary but I didn't get to see very much except the campus and a few nearby areas.

I know its a big area... so I wondered if anyone can give me advice on the best areas to live in or at least "stay away from".
I am looking for nice friendly areas, thats close to town. I have a car but I would also like to be able to walk to nearby places to start a walking rountie!!

Some of my interests are, to help better place where I should go is: dance (ballet perferly), libraries, yoga, I like to shop and browse antiques and tea shops. I like musums and theatres too.
Im mostly a quiet shy gal who likes to do quiet and simple things :-)

Also Im looking for jobs in those interest areas but Im always open to retail stuff too like Zellers, Winners and Walmart. So if you're a manager at one can I contact you via PM? :-)

So any ideas or even links would be great.
I am off to browse the City of Guelph site and look at Walmart's site... the best thing about online stores these days is most let you apply for jobs via the internet. I know London Drugs you HAVE to do that lol

I AM VERY VERY EXCITED FREEEEEEEEEEEDOM!!!!
:bigrin: :bigrin: :bigrin:

Tasha
PS I feel like my mate is waiting for me back in Ontario :-) so I know Im doing the right thing lol

:wiggle2: :wiggle2: :wiggle2: :wiggle2: :wiggle2: :wiggle2: :wiggle2: :wiggle2: :wiggle2: :wiggle2: :wiggle2: :wiggle2: :wiggle2: :wiggle2: :wiggle2: :wiggle2: :wiggle2: :wiggle2:

arana
Sep 25, 2006, 11:59 AM
Out of curiosity, why did you pick this town if you have such little knowledge of it?

TashaSW
Sep 26, 2006, 12:30 AM
Cause my cousin lives there.... my Childhood Best Friend and Crush lives about 15 mins away from that town :-) hehe (but shes near Milton but Ive been told Milton wasn't nice to live in.)

But Im checking nearby places too :-)

Tasha

canuckotter
Sep 26, 2006, 8:28 AM
Sounds like a good reason to check out the area. :) Good luck! Oh, and Sleeman Breweries is in that area... I don't know if they have job openings right now, but my cousin used to work for them and (at least back then) they treated their employees very well. Not necessarily the best pay ever, but the employees were respected and valued. So, hey, can't hurt to check it out. :)

mishka04
Sep 26, 2006, 10:11 AM
Hello,

I'm 22 (female) and have lived in Guelph for about 12 years now. I love it here! There's soo much to do and see. And if you can't find it here, there's even more close by. I have no complaints about Guelph. It's such a diverse community, everyone fits in, and adds a little more character to the place I call home. I'd say go for it!!

erotix
Sep 26, 2006, 10:23 PM
If you want all that, don't live in Guelph... move to Toronto

TashaSW
Sep 27, 2006, 2:33 AM
If you want all that, don't live in Guelph... move to Toronto

I just found this link not to long ago and a friend in Hamilton told me it was true http://www.sentex.net/~oficserv/Guelph.html seems like Guelph has a problemw ith water!!

Not sure I wanna live there now lol and my cousin never told me that.

Tasha

Biboz49
Sep 27, 2006, 10:09 PM
I lived in Guelph when I went to university there and after graduation lived there for a few years. I loved it. That was quite a few years ago and Guelph has grown a lot but basically the town is still the same. The only reason I moved away was for a good job offer. I'd move back without hesitation, if I had work there. Best wishes in your decision.

becksbolero
Sep 27, 2006, 11:51 PM
Hmmm, i'm in cambridge Tasha ,i'm in preston which is part of Cambridge but not quite so bad but rent is not cheap,if you like email me and i'll try to help,Guelph is a university town so it's pricey for lodgings.This area isn't cheap anymore due to the influx of people from Toronto travelling in and out for work and the 401 highway is quite a task if you have to work in the greater city.I'm 54 Tasha and i did check your profile(i'm not a dirty ole man) but if i can help in any way here's my yahoo email
gregor_16@yahoo.com or
msn
greg_geldart@hotmail.com
you can add me for chat on either if you let me know who you are
best wishes
g.g.
p.s.
displaced New Brunswicker

taz67156
Sep 29, 2006, 12:34 AM
[QUOTE=TashaSW]Well, Ive finally decided to do what *I* want to do......
I feel like I NEED to go to Ontario, I should be there not here in BC as many of you know Im unhappy here and would rather go back to Ontario where Im oringally from.
I do thank some of you who encouraged me to just move back to Ontario :-) My parents know and actually support it, they aren't happy but they know I need to live my own life and they want me to go there for a visit to explore which I do plan to do.

So heres my need for advice :-)
I have settled on moving to Guelph, Ontario.... I have NEVER been to this city, well, once back in 1998 to visit my friend's sister in Universary but I didn't get to see very much except the campus and a few nearby areas.

I know its a big area... so I wondered if anyone can give me advice on the best areas to live in or at least "stay away from".
I am looking for nice friendly areas, thats close to town. I have a car but I would also like to be able to walk to nearby places to start a walking rountie!!

Some of my interests are, to help better place where I should go is: dance (ballet perferly), libraries, yoga, I like to shop and browse antiques and tea shops. I like musums and theatres too.
Im mostly a quiet shy gal who likes to do quiet and simple things :-)

Also Im looking for jobs in those interest areas but Im always open to retail stuff too like Zellers, Winners and Walmart. So if you're a manager at one can I contact you via PM? :-)

So any ideas or even links would be great.
I am off to browse the City of Guelph site and look at Walmart's site... the best thing about online stores these days is most let you apply for jobs via the internet. I know London Drugs you HAVE to do that lol

I AM VERY VERY EXCITED FREEEEEEEEEEEDOM!!!!
:bigrin: :bigrin: :bigrin:

Tasha
PS I feel like my mate is waiting for me back in Ontario :-) so I know Im doing the right thing lol

sorry I can't help you with this one Tasha but I hope things work out for you when and if you do move there and if I can find info online I'll send it so you can check it out
good luck

Neros
Oct 2, 2006, 3:19 PM
hey

i also live in cambridge although not currently cause im going to university elsewhere but its a pretty cool city lots to do and theres even a climbin gym (the guelph grotto) that is really fun to check out if your into that sort of thing

have a blast there though eh its great