PDA

View Full Version : covid test

mike r
Jul 23, 2020, 1:34 PM
I had to get a Covid test in preparation for a same day hospital procedure next week. I could have handled the throat swab (naturally!) But the up the nose swab...not so much.

KDaddy23
Jul 23, 2020, 3:43 PM
It feels like they're trying to ram that swab through your nose and into your brain, doesn't it? I had that done once when I had pneumonia and I almost punched the guy in the face when he kept shoving the swab up my nose and the only thing that saved him was my wife, who was sitting there, read my body language and grabbed my hand.

mike r
Jul 23, 2020, 4:00 PM
how you doing?

GayGuy04
Jul 23, 2020, 4:57 PM
Yea I see that cause my dad has done sometimes and they go up ur nose and it looks painful unless someone jams it up your nose like they dont fuck

Neonaught
Jul 24, 2020, 10:42 AM
The swab has to get into the sinus to be effective. Problem in the US is many of these test kits were rushed into production and are not accurate. We can thank the FDA for that one: they allowed the makers to report their own accuracy results and never bother to screen them. The city of Larado spent 4 million on test kits only to find they were 50% accurate at best. They had to trash them all and that cash was just gone.

TXLonestarTX69
Jul 25, 2020, 5:38 AM
Actually, it's a nasopharyngeal swab, not a sinus swab. And yes, they do involve discomfort.

Neonaught
Jul 25, 2020, 9:44 AM
Actually, it's a nasopharyngeal swab, not a sinus swab. And yes, they do involve discomfort.

I stand corrected! Thanks.