PDA

View Full Version : Sex and Age: Something to fear or Just Another Stage.

jazzer
Sep 22, 2006, 5:28 AM
Well you just turned forty and suddenly you feel that life is finite after all. You turn fifty. Wow what happened to those years, we were so involved with the kids I nearly missed that decade.
Ok the kids have gone and there is just you and your wife. You are thinking seriously about retirement. You are looking at sixty years of age. My God when I was a kid sixty year olds were so bloody old. Life sucks or does it?
Well I believe life is what you make it and surprisingly my wife and I enjoy an exciting sex life. No kids around have given us a new freedom. We are having more fun now sexually than we could have ever imagined.
I have discovered I am a bisexual male and men turn me on. My wife is still not too sure about how she feels about women but accepts what I am. I feel liberated and wow life is just so much fun.
Everyone on this site will eventually age. It is a natural progression. How you deal with aging will define your happiness eventually.
I know there are a lot of mature men and women on this site who must have empathy with what I have written. We love mature men and women. We would be very interested in how you perceive yourself and how the older members of this site are dealing with sexuality as they age. We are both sixty two and we love being in our sexties. :) :) :2cents:

Lisa (va)
Sep 22, 2006, 12:03 PM
There is nothing wrong with growing old, especially if you do it together. Will be 30 in a couple months, hubby will be 42 next month and we have a baby daughter. The love in our family is ever present. Age is truly just a number, or is it? I have always enjoyed the company of older folks, in my work and my personal life: so many stories I have heard from elderly people. As folks grow old there seems to be a point where we mature and understand our lives and what we expect from it. As far as sex goes, it is terrific! This 40 something year old man I love is more passionate than any other I have known. So growing old isn't bad, it's wonderful !

Lisa

hugs n kisses

12voltman59
Sep 22, 2006, 12:13 PM
the thing with aging is --it is a condition as human beings that at present we still have to deal with--perhaps not in the future as some reasearchers are now saying but that probably won't apply to most if not all of us here at present---

Getting older is something that simply happens--or it doesn't and then it doesn't matter...LOL

We really do need to ditch our culture's worship of "youth"---you only spend a very small fraction of your life at that stage----most of our lives are lived out ahead of us on the timeline----

The alternative is that you are not living....so we have to accept, adjust and deal with the changes that come with aging----

chook
Sep 22, 2006, 7:14 PM
I totally agree being an old fart is great fun but being a dirty old man is even better, I'm trying to grow old as digracefully as I can.....and according to the wife I'm doing a great job :rolleyes: But honestly getting older doesnt worry me because at least I got this far and I've been fortunate enough to do a lot of things that a lot of people can only dream about.......oh yeah.......and like I told jazzer the other day sex is great because the ride is longer and a lot more comfy :)

Cheers Chook :bigrin:

Herbwoman39
Sep 22, 2006, 7:42 PM
Age is quite literally a state of mind. I once heard of a study done with a group of 100 people ages 55 to 70.. These people were bussed to a location in the desert where there was an entire town built tolook like the 1940s. Every detail was precise, right down to the cereal boxes.

Before the researchers took the subjects to the town, there was a myriad of tests done to verify the age of the subjects. After 6 months of living in this paradise, the tests were done again.

The results were AMAZING. Sixty percent of the subjects actually regressed in their physical age!

So, you see, you're only as old as you think you are. Most of the time I feel 25. I turn 40 in January. It's all a big numbers game.

Tynary
Sep 22, 2006, 7:51 PM
forgive me but age is something I fear far more than death.
I'm 18 and already I feel as if time is being stolen from me. I see tyhe human race as one of the small blinks in the eyes of eternity yet we are perhaps most alive because of our desire to experience the ultimateness of the universe. I value beauty as the most precious gift on the planet. male or female I see only what is fair and lovely. I hope I have the courage to stay the wild person I am at an older age but I already see dreaded maturity tearing away the true person I am. M y plan is to die before age takes me. extreme I realise but its my decision. I'd rather die an attractive angelic creature of youth who lives in a deluded dream world than face age and reality in the real world. I know I have issues I just wish there was a way I could come to terms with both ageing and who I am.

shameless agitator
Sep 22, 2006, 9:06 PM
To steal a line from George Burns "Nobody likes getting older but it sure beats the alternative"

steve10557
Sep 22, 2006, 9:23 PM
In your youth it's difficult to appreciate old age, sometimes the reverse is also true, but as you get older attitudes change too. After some awful midlife crises, hopefully I am now settling down into my skin, being honest with myself and learning to love myself again. Life is still as full of promise as ever, of course we all have our off days :)

jazzer
Sep 22, 2006, 11:31 PM
Well the replies so far make very interesting reading. On the subject of age and being a "dirty old man", perhaps we should look to Groucho Marx who made the observation that "you're only as old as the woman you feel."

:) :tong:

trip1
Sep 22, 2006, 11:57 PM
Well the replies so far make very interesting reading. On the subject of age and being a "dirty old man", perhaps we should look to Groucho Marx who made the observation that "you're only as old as the woman you feel."

:) :tong:

Good one Jazzer. I need to remember that one LOL

MrGratification
Feb 20, 2007, 1:01 AM
Hi...

I'm 46 and really pissed at being 46. Not because I don't like who I am, but because I am now struggling with limp-dick-itis.

Aaaaagh!

After ALWAYS being spectacularly hard all my life, I suddenly find myself struggling to get there. Sheeesh!

Anyway, we all have our crosses to bear. On the upside, I'm learning to use my tongue in more creative ways to earn my keep.

Speaking of which, I wanted to reply to a classified advert, and it says to click on the Private Message button. But I can't for the life of me SEE the danged thing!

Can anyone help?

Cheers,

Craig, Woolloongabba, QLD

Long Duck Dong
Feb 20, 2007, 3:33 AM
lol as I head to my 37th year..... i hear people tell me that i have experienced more in my life, than people experience in a entire lifetime

lol i perfer to think that i have merely gained a lot of memories to get me from the point where my dick dies, to the point where the rest of me dies....

CHOCOLATECITY32
Feb 20, 2007, 8:25 AM
I AGREE WITH LONG AND THE REST OF THE GUY'S HERE AND I JUST TURNED 33 YRS OL AND I AM ENJOYING LIFE EACH AND EVERYTIME I GET A CHANCE AND I WILL CONTINUE 2 FETCH AND LET IT STRETCH AS LONG AS I CAN :bipride: