PDA

View Full Version : Celebrate Bisexuality Day by wearing bi bracelets!!!!

Mimi
Sep 22, 2006, 2:42 AM
I don't know if there are any events happening in your part of the world, but the Los Angeles bi group, which is now officially called A.M.B.I. (A Meeting of Bi Individuals), is getting together in Silverlake, which is a bi-friendly neighborhood in LA. We're all planning on wearing pink/purple/blue (or red/purple/blue) wristbands to make a political statement this Saturday, September 23rd.

It would be an even more powerful statement if people in other parts of the country wore the bi-colored wristbands as well. The rubber/silicone wristbands we're thinking of look like this and are very popular right now: http://www.wristbandwarehouse.com/?src=google. They should be pretty inexpensive ($1-$5) and available in most shopping malls. If you can't find exactly those kinds, then wearing any other kind of pink/purple/blue (or red/purple/blue) bracelets or jewelry should suffice.

Just think: if you and a friend wear those colors that day, then people are bound to notice and ask you what's the occasion. That's when you proudly tell them that's it's "Celebrate Bisexuality Day" and you're helping to celebrate! :bibounce:

With pride and solidarity,
Mimi :flag3:

ScifiBiJen
Sep 22, 2006, 8:47 AM
Wow. You have shopping malls that openly sell bi-pride color (all 3 colors on the one band) wristbands??

Forgive my scepticism if you do, but somehow I doubt it .... and if you do, you've found the only mall that does.

While getting 3 different ones is a nice idea.... once again, a significant portion of the members here (like myself) aren't out.

Guess i'll just have to celebrate the day in spirit.

hottrodd
Sep 22, 2006, 2:26 PM
I'm not out and in my community I'd be making a really big sacrifice to come out but I do have a magnetic bi flag that I bought online. I stick it on my vehicle when I can. When I'm away from home, etc. I'll try to "fly" it tomorrow as long as my wife can't see it I'll be ok.

The good thing about the Bi flag/colors is that most straight folks don't know what it is. Probably the majority of people recognize the Gay rainbow colors but very few know what the bi flag is or means.

Bi and proud even if I am in the closet to most. :flag3: :flag3: :flag4:

Mimi
Sep 22, 2006, 4:29 PM
Wow. You have shopping malls that openly sell bi-pride color (all 3 colors on the one band) wristbands??

I meant putting 3 wristbands together to create the bi colors. If there are bi wristbands, that would be great. They do sell other types of bracelets and necklaces with the bi colors/triangles. You just have to look carefully.

While getting 3 different ones is a nice idea.... once again, a significant portion of the members here (like myself) aren't out.

Guess i'll just have to celebrate the day in spirit.

Well, I hope that the more people do come out, the more likely the un-out ones will too.

Mimi

RainbowBright
Sep 22, 2006, 5:39 PM
this is a wonderful idea!!!! i dont have a bracelet, but i do have a bi sexual bead necklace that i bought a few months ago..

the company i bought it from has a few different kinds, as well as flags, and other bi sexual products.

if you are interested.. here is the link.. www.prideshop.com

try it out

bright