PDA

View Full Version : Christina Aguilera

Reprob8
Sep 21, 2006, 4:17 PM
First of all I have never liked anything she has put out but I just saw this video and really liked it.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/RCA+Hits_Christina+Aguilera+%22Beautiful%22/bcpid6009501/bclid6056093/bctid5749503

I always thought she had an awsome voice but never liked the music I heard the kids playing.

glantern954
Sep 21, 2006, 10:59 PM
She has really grown on me. I hummed along to a couple songs off the first album but didn't buy it. Then I saw the video for dirrrty and it shocked me and turned me away a little bit.

But I get it now, she is a strong woman in control of her own sexuality. She has an amzing voice to boot. I now proudly own and enjoy all three of her albums, even dirrrty. ;)

blazedNconfused
Sep 21, 2006, 11:16 PM
woo hoo first post!

anyways, ive always prefered christina over britney. but im not really into that kind of music.

Reprob8
Sep 22, 2006, 12:05 AM
woo hoo first post!

but im not really into that kind of music.

Me niether, but I did like the theme of that video. The anorexic girl, the gay couple, so on and so forth. I have seen people sit on the bus like that one guy and everyone around him gets up and moves because they didn't like his haircut.

sammie19
Sep 22, 2006, 4:43 AM
I like her music. Isnt she just the sexiest? hiiiiiihhhhhhhh!

biandu
Sep 22, 2006, 6:47 AM
yes that song could've been a major social platform for her.. but she backed off, and returned to the predictable.

The song and the video.. is positive and healing in the manner of showing 'you are not alone'.

imho. ha.

Reprob8
Sep 22, 2006, 5:41 PM
I got to thinking about this video, I don't watch music videos very often but I remebered seeing it before back in the days before I acknowledged my sexuality issues and my reaction to this video then was one of homophobic disgust at the gay scene and I didn't even really acknowledge teh rest of the people in the video. This time while watching I noticed every character in the video and empathised with all of them, what a difference a few months have made and I am really glad to see that I am more excepting overall and not just towards people in my own situation. Has coming out to yourselves had a positive effect on the rest of your perceptions also?

arana
Sep 22, 2006, 5:54 PM
I have a hard time watching this video without crying. People look at the package and not what's inside. Most people want the pretty wrappers even if it's contents is disgusting rather than go against what the media tells us to believe. If more people went with their real feelings or desires instead of worrying about what others thought (and I am guilty of this as well) we might find that the majority is in reality the minority.

tatooedpunk
Sep 22, 2006, 6:50 PM
sorry to be out of step, i went to the link the christina vid was ok but there was a video for Anti-Flag the press corpse you should check that out
(sorry very pissed at america at the moment)

Tynary
Sep 22, 2006, 7:55 PM
I usually hate that pop stuff like that. I'm a rock and metal and goth girl and most of christina's stuff is dull but shes so sexy I adore her looks. I hate britany so much. I lv this video tho and dirty so much. But evanescence is the real babe.

Sapphocomplex
Sep 22, 2006, 8:05 PM
Ya I saw Anti Flag and tripped out , i didnt know they had a video and was already wondering if they changed their sound and got a contract but they didnt let me down.That Video was awsome, they are amazing live. On Subject , I am not so much a fan of Her , but she did a good adaptation of that song and the video is moving...i tear up.:)

ready4change0307
Sep 22, 2006, 9:58 PM
ohh.I love this song!! It's so powerful for popular artists to make such valient points....kids listen to them!!!

Ps-Damn..the things I would do to her! :tong:

mistymockingbird
Sep 23, 2006, 12:28 AM
yes that song could've been a major social platform for her.. but she backed off, and returned to the predictable.

The song and the video.. is positive and healing in the manner of showing 'you are not alone'.

imho. ha.

It did provide a starting point for some interesting dialogues when it came out. For me at least. It was big when I was finishing my degree at a university in a small town in Texas. Kids would bring up the song in the student union and talk about how they liked the song, but didn't like watching the video. Perfect window of opportunity to put people on the spot and ask what it was that was disturbing about it and why. I love those conversations. lol