PDA

View Full Version : PREP WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT IT?

chongster
Mar 1, 2020, 10:24 AM
My transgender friend says she's on PREP and gets regular tests so it is safe to fuck her bareback. I love to fuck bareback but how safe is this?

Christopher South
Mar 1, 2020, 1:08 PM
https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/basics/prep.html

Jazminedress
Mar 1, 2020, 1:09 PM
My transgender friend says she's on PREP and gets regular tests so it is safe to fuck her bareback. I love to fuck bareback but how safe is this?

The rate of transmission to the Top is low, due to the blood barrier the bottom is in the most danger. Now as far as the drug itself

Pre-exposure prophylaxis (or PrEP) is when people at risk for HIV take daily medicine to prevent HIV. PrEP can stop HIV from taking hold and spreading throughout your body. When taken daily, PrEP is highly effective for preventing HIV from sex or injection drug use. PrEP is much less effective when it is not taken consistently.

The word here is "consistently". And no offence to your friend, but, I never trusted any woman that said dont worry, I'm on the pill...........unless I watch her take it properly, in this case, we arnt talking about a baby, but a disease, do you have enough trust it is taken "consistently" ?

Whats the sexual habits of this person ? not judging, but, if they are relying on PREP to be able to have causal sex with a lot of partners with no discresion, what about hepatitis, ghonerea, herpes ? its not all about just HIV

and honestly, how much do condoms really cost ?

NjbiGuy01
Mar 6, 2020, 12:13 PM
I sometimes fear the Prep has become the "free hall pass" for the gay and bi community. People who are "positive undetectable" and on Prep seem to be pretty relaxed about a disease that can still kill you in some cases. Yes, things have improved, but still...be safe...it's not worth NOT being safe.

playful808
Mar 7, 2020, 1:04 AM

PREP helps against one virus, HIV. It is not a magic ticket.
If offers ZERO help against HSV, HPV, HepA, HepB, Siph, Gono, Chlamidyia, and on, and on.
Some of these are anti-biotic resistant now.

I am sure your friend is a lovely woman, but no, it is NOT safe to bareback. She should know better.

chtampa
Mar 7, 2020, 6:49 AM
A person on PREP is only "self-safe". They can transmit the virus to others and can essentially just be a carrier. I think its practical use would be for partners where one has HIV and the other wants to be protected from getting the disease. Guys that brag about being on PREP and wanting bareback scare me.