PDA

View Full Version : Rosie O'Donnell has done it again

shameless agitator
Sep 20, 2006, 7:51 PM
http://www.afa.net/Petitions/Issuedetail.asp?id=214

You'll notice a form at the bottom for sending a letter to the network pres. Since it's totally editable I think we should do so ; )

Reprob8
Sep 20, 2006, 8:38 PM
If she is trying to say that Jerry Falwell is as bad as the worst islamic fundamentalist then I would have to agree.Ironic that mental is smack in the middle of fundamentalist.

anne27
Sep 20, 2006, 8:58 PM
*grins* Done! I think we should thank them for making it so easy to voice our agreement with Rosie. ;)

meteast chick
Sep 20, 2006, 10:19 PM
Thank you ever so much American Family Association of Tupelo, Mississippi for sending our supportive letters directly to President Frons of ABC, without your help we could never let him know EXACTLY how we feel.

And thank you Rosie, for never being afraid of speaking your mind. There are enough sheep in the world.

kisses,
xoxoxo
meteast

wanderingrichard
Sep 20, 2006, 10:58 PM
gotta agree with reprob8 on this; it's about time somebody of celebrity, not matter how diminished, had the ( :rolleyes: ) guts to stand up and say that on national tv. kudos too to the network for standing their ground too.

Herbwoman39
Sep 21, 2006, 12:17 AM
It's about bloody time someone in the public eye said something.

In my email I told them that if they were shocked by my support that I had but two words for them. Crusades and Inquisition. Nuff said.

Fyrstar
Sep 21, 2006, 8:27 AM
Here's my letter:

Dear President Frons,

I think she's right. She didn't say ALL christians, she said RADICAL christians. This means, those who kill and maim in the name of our Lord. Not those who worship and don't agree with non christians. She means those who will go and kill another believing it to be the right thing to do, because they were against God. People who think they have the right to murder someone in cold blood because of their beliefs. Not to mention those who will go and attack someone in any way because of their beliefs that supposedly go against God.

THey are no better than the radical muslims who attacked our towers on 9/11, believing it to be the right thing to do because our country did not support Allah, or whatever other beliefs they may have had.

Rosie does not mean all those who support Christianity, but those who support it so much, that they would kill for it.

I don't think Rosie needs to apologize. There is nothing wrong with what she said. I don't want some high on the hog preacher telling me what I should and should NOT believe in, or what I should do about those beliefs. I don't like any of the so-called "christians" who would throw their beliefs in my face, and who would flaunt it on TV, wearing an Armani suit, or some other such outfit. If they are such "christians", then maybe all of their money should be tithed to the people who support them, and not their own bank accounts.

biandu
Sep 21, 2006, 9:14 AM
My letter!

Dear President Frons,

The comments by Rosie O'Donnell in my book-- are right on!

What she said was scary because truth often is-- but nevertheless it is True.

There are so many values in this here country that are not respected- because of this country's own propaganda "If you're not Christian- You're not with God!"

Well you know what-- that is NOT the Belief of most Americans.

Besides the obvious problem with the propaganda being spread there is an underlying issue.. of grouping ALL Christians into this category.

I have many friends and family who are Christians and do NOT believe in the aforementioned propaganda.

Rosie said it accurately. She said "Radical Christianity" -- which clearly separates and identifies- who she was referring. She did not 'blanket' all Christians.

Everyone I know, believes.. that ALL people, despite their religion should be respected and valued based on their actions and the way they treat others.. not what or who they pray to.

I am afraid for my children, that this country is turning into its own worst nightmare; where one religion is being valued and supported MORE so than any other.. lending itself to the
"ONE WAY THINKING" that has led to genocide and many many other atrocities in our world.

THIS is a dangerous time for America. It is the pre-dawn.. of "OUR way--or NO way" sort of ideas.. dangerous.. very dangerous.

Despite what the main stream public believes.. this country was NOT based on a Christian foundation. In Fact, many of our founding fathers and mothers were Not Christian. And fled their countries because of many factors.. including but not exclusively 'religious persecution'!

Hmmm... Question for you Mr. Frons:

When is it appropriate to speak ones' mind and counter public niceties?

When no one is listening! IS that what this country has become? Silent.

God, I hope not.

-----------------------

HINDSIGHT!... damn it
okay with that said.. i am just hoping that these letters are actually read.. and just not thrown into an email file..... ANTI ROSIE... based on the ISP ORIGIN!

ha.. wouldn't that be some shit.. we all send a shit load of PRO-ROSIE.. emails.. through that link/ISP ..... and they automatically get processed as....
ANTI-ROSIE based on the fact that the letters are coming from a RADICAL CHRISTIAN Group! in actuality misleading Mr. FRons.. or whoever reads the emails...

mother fucker that would bum me out.

biandu
Sep 21, 2006, 9:15 AM
Here's my letter:

Dear President Frons,

I think she's right. She didn't say ALL christians, she said RADICAL christians. This means, those who kill and maim in the name of our Lord. Not those who worship and don't agree with non christians. She means those who will go and kill another believing it to be the right thing to do, because they were against God. People who think they have the right to murder someone in cold blood because of their beliefs. Not to mention those who will go and attack someone in any way because of their beliefs that supposedly go against God.

THey are no better than the radical muslims who attacked our towers on 9/11, believing it to be the right thing to do because our country did not support Allah, or whatever other beliefs they may have had.

Rosie does not mean all those who support Christianity, but those who support it so much, that they would kill for it.

I don't think Rosie needs to apologize. There is nothing wrong with what she said. I don't want some high on the hog preacher telling me what I should and should NOT believe in, or what I should do about those beliefs. I don't like any of the so-called "christians" who would throw their beliefs in my face, and who would flaunt it on TV, wearing an Armani suit, or some other such outfit. If they are such "christians", then maybe all of their money should be tithed to the people who support them, and not their own bank accounts.

GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE

DannyJ
Sep 21, 2006, 9:44 AM
Right on, Rosie!

DannyJ
Sep 21, 2006, 10:01 AM
OK, I'm normally more loquacious, so...here, more or less, is the letter I sent:

The comments made by Rosie O'Donnell should be publicly supported and she should be praised for her courage. She spoke about radical Christians and not Christians in general, and until Christians follow the intent and teachings of Jesus Christ Himself, they should not be surprised to find many people who disagree with them, what they do and how they do it. If they believe in Him and in the Bible, they should pay attention to His own words: Matthew 7:15-23. This country was founded upon the principle of the separation of Church and State, and if the radical (I think immoral) right ever take over, it will mean the end of our country and our people by despots, dictators and disaster.

BYW, thank you, immoral right, for making it easy for me to send that message to ABC...I know that wasn't your intent, but--screw you...sideways...dry...with a cactus...(oh, joy, I could just go on forever!!!)LOL

shameless agitator
Sep 21, 2006, 5:51 PM
My letter!

-----------------------

HINDSIGHT!... damn it
okay with that said.. i am just hoping that these letters are actually read.. and just not thrown into an email file..... ANTI ROSIE... based on the ISP ORIGIN!

ha.. wouldn't that be some shit.. we all send a shit load of PRO-ROSIE.. emails.. through that link/ISP ..... and they automatically get processed as....
ANTI-ROSIE based on the fact that the letters are coming from a RADICAL CHRISTIAN Group! in actuality misleading Mr. FRons.. or whoever reads the emails...

mother fucker that would bum me out.This thought had occurred to me too.

LouiseBrookslover
Sep 21, 2006, 7:11 PM
All faith-based religion lives in a dangerous shadowland...hiding where it cannot be questioned and examined. The vicious Muslim says he will kill if his faith is questioned and examined. The liberal Christian says questioning offends tolerance and urges a free pass for religion.

DannyJ
Sep 26, 2006, 2:20 AM
BE CAREFUL AND AWARE!!! I sent an e-mail using the link given here, and now I'm on the mailing list of this asshole organization! I think it's good to support Rosie O'Donnell in this matter, but if you want to avoid what has happened to me, then 1), copy the address and send the e-mail via your sender, not through this link, or 2), maybe better yet, find a public forum (library, internet café, etc.) and send it from one of their terminals. Remember this for future reference, and good luck to you all.

Long Duck Dong
Sep 26, 2006, 4:31 AM
dear president frons.....

I am not a american.... I am not a christian... and nor am I a muslim....

rosie o'donell exercised her right of freedom of speech.... !

she expressed in simple words, what the whole world knows.......radical muslims are as dangerous to muslims and the world, as radical christians are, to christianity and the world....

(from the transcript ) Co-host Jay Behar protested that Christians are not trying to impose mass murder on America. "This group (radical Muslims) is threatening to kill us."

jay forgets the radical christians that bomb the abortion clinics, that run the sects and cults that end in mass suicide ( jim jones or waco, texas or guns for christ )... she also forgets that the radical christians want the whole teaching structure changed to make their christian doctrine taught as the truth, they want all non christians oppressed and isolated, they want groups like gays and lesbians to be exiled, they want their way of life imposed upon all.....

maybe rosie O'donell needed to point jay in the direction of the CHRISTIAN groups in iraq, that are using the war as a cover to push their christian beliefs into a muslim country, knowing that it means a immediate death sentence for any muslim that converts to christianity

maybe rosie needed to point jay in the direction of the * camp for jesus * movement and show her what is being taught there..... the opposition to peoples freedom of speech and freedom of rights

but she didn't......she simply said that radicals are dangerous to the non radicals.......

WELL DONE

ziggybabie
Sep 26, 2006, 6:22 AM
It really annoys me that many of the far right radical Christians and people who agree with that mentality like this can vote. Most of them aren't exactly saints to be legislating morality on ANYBODY. A lot of them are also dumb as fuck and/or undereducated. Maybe we should require an IQ test to vote or something. *wonders how results would have been different*

Never mind me. I'm just babbling.

titeabs
Sep 26, 2006, 6:26 PM
Can someone please run her over