PDA

View Full Version : What has happened to common courtesy and the idea of "live and let live"?

csrakate
Sep 19, 2006, 4:58 AM
I am sorry..I am so tired of having to defend this site..the way it is run...I don't get it...this is a site that is provided to us by a wonderful man named Drew who allows us to have free access to a forum to discuss issues and a chat room to meet wonderful people. If you don't like the way it is set up..then you are free to express yourself...but why do so many choose to take offense when the rest of us don't agree?

Let's face it...what it all boils down to for many of us is not a matter of being resistant to change, but more like the fact that we are appreciative of the work that Drew already puts into this site. Because of the way he has things set up, we have a free, no charge forum and chat room and adding features such as sub groups, etc., will require monitoring to ensure that people post in the right sections...not to mention having to move posts that are posted in the wrong area. Let's face it....unless Drew is independently wealthy, he can't monitor this site 24/7 (and Drew...if you are independently wealthy, would you like to adopt a 48 year old daughter? LOL!)

Drew maintains this site while I am sure also working a regular job...so hey....cut the man some slack...enjoy what we have here....we all know he is dedicated to keep this site up and running....but don't you think he deserves a little time to himself as well???

Just my two cents worth...

Hugs,
Kate

Gleekybaby
Sep 19, 2006, 5:11 AM
HEAR HEAR MUMMY!!!!!!!!!

well said kate VERY well said

i agree with what you have said !!!!!!!

*HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS DREW* wonderful job hun!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*hugs for you too mummie*

love Gleeky

csrakate
Sep 19, 2006, 6:08 AM
Muah Gleeky!!!!!!

anne27
Sep 19, 2006, 6:54 AM
I agree.

You are always going to have people who are never satisified or appreciative.

I love this place, even though I never get into the chat and don't know that many people here, it's still 'home' to me.

csrakate
Sep 19, 2006, 7:01 AM
Anne....
You ARE home...no matter how many people you know here..you are home. That is the best part of this site...we all feel at home...and you know why???
Because we ARE!!!! And this is coming from a straight woman! LOL!!!...but this place has been here for me regardless..it has helped me grow as a person....And the best part of it all???....I have never felt so much love and acceptance anywhere else!!!

Kudos to Drew and may we all remember and appreciate him daily!

Hugs,
Kate

Herbwoman39
Sep 19, 2006, 7:19 AM
(APPLAUDES) Preach it Sister Kate!

That's all I was trying to say in the other thread. We have an excellent thing going on here. A free place where we can come and talk about absolutely everything.

Instead of trying to change what works, we should be grateful for what we have. I know *I* am.

And since I know you don't get to hear this enough: Drew, thank you for providing us with this wonderful community. I, for one, am very grateful.

csrakate
Sep 19, 2006, 7:24 AM
Amen, Herbwoman!!! LOL

csrakate
Sep 19, 2006, 8:36 AM
Let us all remember to thank Drew!!!!!

Mrs.F
Sep 19, 2006, 8:44 AM
This site was set up so nice and user friendly when I joined...and when I joined I was not in the best spirits. It was this site that got me through alot and where I am today. I have looked around at other sites and honestly, this site is the ONLY one that I feel welcomed, feel I belong and can meet people easily.

To my "straight wife sister" Kate, you always have a way with words! I totally agree....why add stress to Drew's life, he's done enough already in giving us this wonderful place we call "HOME". :bigrin:

:grouphug: :bowdown: THANK YOU DREW FOR ALL YOU HAVE DONE!!! :bigrin:

biandu
Sep 19, 2006, 9:12 AM
I am sorry..I am so tired of having to defend this site..the way it is run...I don't get it...this is a site that is provided to us by a wonderful man named Drew who allows us to have free access to a forum to discuss issues and a chat room to meet wonderful people. If you don't like the way it is set up..then you are free to express yourself...but why do so many choose to take offense when the rest of us don't agree?

Let's face it...what it all boils down to for many of us is not a matter of being resistant to change, but more like the fact that we are appreciative of the work that Drew already puts into this site. Because of the way he has things set up, we have a free, no charge forum and chat room and adding features such as sub groups, etc., will require monitoring to ensure that people post in the right sections...not to mention having to move posts that are posted in the wrong area. Let's face it....unless Drew is independently wealthy, he can't monitor this site 24/7 (and Drew...if you are independently wealthy, would you like to adopt a 48 year old daughter? LOL!)

Drew maintains this site while I am sure also working a regular job...so hey....cut the man some slack...enjoy what we have here....we all know he is dedicated to keep this site up and running....but don't you think he deserves a little time to himself as well???

Hugs,
Kate

I agree. and yes.. i do think he deserves a little slack.. but honestly... he likes the leash and collar........wink wink

lol..

seriously. you've said it all. just as i would've. thanks for that baby.

littlerayofsunshine
Sep 19, 2006, 9:17 AM
**Applauds Kate***

I love this site. Its cozy, friendly and feels like home. I am appreciative of this being a free site, user friendly. No pop upads. It was easy to see when I first lurked and then signed up that someone had put their soul and caring for people into this site. Made it a safe place. I hope that everyone is doing their part to support Drew and his vision for us all and are clicking the ads to help support his work. I know I have. We are all important here and can do something to help and show appreciation.

Drew,

From the bottom of my heart....Thank you :) Without this site. I would have continued to feel alone. Now with the wonderful friends I have made here, I no longer that.

anne27
Sep 19, 2006, 3:18 PM
Anne....
You ARE home...no matter how many people you know here..you are home. That is the best part of this site...we all feel at home...and you know why???
Because we ARE!!!! And this is coming from a straight woman! LOL!!!...but this place has been here for me regardless..it has helped me grow as a person....And the best part of it all???....I have never felt so much love and acceptance anywhere else!!!

Kudos to Drew and may we all remember and appreciate him daily!

Hugs,
Kate

Thank you kindly, Ms. Kate! :bigrin:

Coming here after trying to get adjusted to a few not-so-friendly bi sites was like a big ole piece of chocolate cake after a month long fast.

taz67156
Sep 19, 2006, 3:34 PM

Hugs,
Kate

I agree with you Kate and I times I might not agree with something but I keep it to myself unless I feel the need for it to be said and Drew has worked his ass off to give us the great site WHICH IS FREE so all of us need to do our part in helping the man out I try to help out all I can as everyone can look the error code 504 problem that he was trying to fix I went and found the repair for it and I still try to find things to help with. THANKS DREW FOR THE GREAT SITE

12voltman59
Sep 19, 2006, 6:11 PM
I have to agree with all of the comments made on this thread thus far---like I had said in another recent forum--back in the mid 90s I had found a place to chat that I dearly loved--it had multiple rooms that I used to hang out in --one of them being a "bisexual" curious room--

The people who owned the site had, in my opinion, set up one of the best sites for chatting that I have ever visited, but they wound up selling it for billions to the company that owned the ABC television broadcasting network in the days before Disney purchased that network.

Things stayed pretty much the same under ABC's ownership, but when Disney bought ABC/Cap Cities---they mucked it up and the site went downhill--eventually dissappearing.

This site may not be one hundred percent perfect in regards to some of its technical aspects-but that does not really matter much in my opinion--this place is a community on the web---

If they start mucking up the site---it might suffer the same fate my old favorite web site once did--oblivion...

Things are just fine here ---so we need to just let things be--

I have done this many times before---thanks Drew for a great website---

Bi-ten
Sep 20, 2006, 12:17 AM
Hi all,

I have to join the chorus and say thank you, dear Drew, for the hard work and love you put into this site. It has been said that work is ' our love made visable'...and thanks to you... there is plenty to see!

Also, I have to say that this site does feel like home to me, it is here when I need to know I am not so different, and there is always someone to welcome me when I'm down.

P.S- The pay part of the site is awesome too!

P.P.S In case you missed it...Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Bi-ten

biecnal
Sep 20, 2006, 9:25 PM
This IS the best Bi site on the net IMHO. Keep up the great work! :three:

meteast chick
Sep 20, 2006, 9:59 PM
Truer words were never said, mummy Kate!

This site is certainly my home away from home and I would not say word one to put it down, only to lift it up and sing its welcome to the accepting and supporting masses (if there is such a thing).

Thank you Drew, for all that you do, we certainly appreciate it, more than you may ever know.

Hugs and kisses,
xoxoxoxoxo
meteast

SweetBlackAngel
Sep 20, 2006, 10:00 PM
Hi all,

I have to join the chorus and say thank you, dear Drew, for the hard work and love you put into this site. It has been said that work is ' our love made visable'...and thanks to you... there is plenty to see!

Also, I have to say that this site does feel like home to me, it is here when I need to know I am not so different, and there is always someone to welcome me when I'm down.

P.S- The pay part of the site is awesome too!

P.P.S In case you missed it...Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Bi-ten

Hope Drew is out there feeling the love.

Here's to the guy who has given us a wonderful community. :grouphug:

bigregory
Sep 21, 2006, 1:31 AM
Im glad that this is a Bi site and i can give Drew a hug.
Truly a Bisexual site that people express their ideas or ask their questions and get real answers from real people that care.
BISEXUAL.COM rocks..

Melymel
Sep 21, 2006, 1:55 PM
I have only been here a month or so but the people here are always nice and the way the site is made is PERFECT i am not a computer savvy person but this site is definatly user friendly THANKS TO DREW big thumbs up and for the people that dont like it here shove it :eek: hehe build ur own site this site is a community where we all feel welcome well put Kate U rock along with eveyone else :tong: :tongue:

csrakate
Sep 21, 2006, 2:26 PM
It has been suggested to me that I appear angry at those who have suggested change on this site. I want to state that in no way am I angry at anyone...The only purpose behind this thread was to:

1. show support to Drew for his efforts

2. explain to the newer members why so many of us appreciate things the way they are because of the demands Drew faces in his everyday life and NOT because their opinions do not matter

3. to diffuse future debates where newbies and regulars go head to head because they don't seem to see eye to eye. The newbie becomes offended because they feel their opinion is not wanted or validated...the regular becomes offended because they don't think that the newbie has given the site enough time to judge...I just wanted to state once and for all why some of us do come across that way.

But these very debates are what I get so tired of...the ones that start out benign and end up full of personal attacks and one upmanship. That is NOT the purpose of this forum. But in the same light, my anger towards any of the individuals who get involved in such debates (and I admit to being involved in a few myself, LOL!) was NOT the basis of this thread. I am not angry at anyone. Well...maybe a little bit at myself for coming across this way LOL!

Hope this explains things a bit better.

Hugs,
Kate

arana
Sep 21, 2006, 6:33 PM
Thank you Kate!

canuckotter
Sep 21, 2006, 9:14 PM
Let me add to the chorus of praise for Drew. It's not easy running a website, and I'm sure it's costing him a pretty penny. So... Yay for Drew! Thank you for making this an awesome site!

And, lest we forget... Thank you to all the wonderful members who, every day, make this site just that little bit more special and wonderful (and sometimes nutty)! Hoorah!

mistymockingbird
Sep 21, 2006, 9:18 PM
Drew is my hero. For running this site and putting up with all the crazies that hang out here. lol

Seriously, this site and this community helped me through a tough time in my life. Some of my friends here may not even be aware of all the drama and baggage I brought into this place. Happy to say alot of it is gone now. This place keeps me connected and feeling somewhat sane in a crazy world.

Drew, don't fix what's not broken. It takes alot of work to run a site this large and your efforts (as well as those of any folks who help you out) are truly appreciated.