PDA

View Full Version : Hugging all night with girlfriend

Cathy
Sep 19, 2006, 1:15 AM
Hi, I have a wonderful friend who loves to cook, and I often go to visit her, and quite often have a few glasses of wine and end up sleeping in her bed. I'm realistic and pack an overnight bag so I won't be tempted to drive home...This may sound funny, but we cuddle all night, wearing very little, and we both love it, our legs wrapped around each other, nice and warm, though have never "crossed the line" and kissed or touched beyond giving massages,...so I suppose there isn't actually a problem, but to the outside world, would this seem "odd"? We've been doing this for months. I see no reason to stop. There is nothing awkward about it. I just wonder if other women do this too? We love to cuddle together.

sammie19
Sep 19, 2006, 5:39 AM
Its not so unusual Cathy.

I have 2 straight friends who are aware of my sexuality and we sleep together either when they visit or I visit them. We hold just as you and your friend do but I wouldnt dream of risking our friendship by trying it on. We have been mates far too long for me to allow it to happen and have done it since we were kids.

They trust me so what a fool I would be to ruin it all. Its called won't power.

csrakate
Sep 19, 2006, 5:52 AM
Cathy
Keep cuddling and if nature is going to take it's course....you'll soon know LOL!

Hugs,
Kate

innaminka
Sep 19, 2006, 7:11 AM
Cathy
Keep cuddling and if nature is going to take it's course....you'll soon know LOL!

Beautifully put. Just let things go.
Just don't have too high an expectation. :female: :female:

csrakate
Sep 19, 2006, 7:33 AM
Then again..the last thing I cuddled was a Boston Terrier...and he had a bad case of flatulence!!...of course that was AFTER the hubby tossed me out for snoring!!!! Don't envy my oh so sexy life!!! LOL!!!

wildangel
Sep 19, 2006, 8:16 AM
Cuddling is the best part of a f/f relationship! It's the one thing you rarely get from a m/f relationship. I certainly miss those times...Alas, I'm the one who spoons my husband at night. How sad is that? Keep snuggling as long as it's what you both what and enjoy it!

csrakate
Sep 19, 2006, 8:21 AM
All joking aside as well as the farting Boston Terrier...I don't know that it is fair to say that men don't like to cuddle...My hubby sure does...it's just my snoring that brings a break to the intimacy...LOL!...Many men DO like to snuggle and cuddle!

Hugs,
Kate

biandu
Sep 19, 2006, 8:27 AM
All joking aside as well as the farting Boston Terrier...I don't know that it is fair to say that men don't like to cuddle...My hubby sure does...it's just my snoring that brings a break to the intimacy...LOL!...Many men DO like to snuggle and cuddle!

Hugs,
Kate

from one snorer.. to another! silence is overrated damn it!

and yes. i agree.. i have friends both female and male.. who enjoy a good snuggle.

Melymel
Sep 19, 2006, 1:18 PM
Hmmm idk see the circumstances are there if u both wanted something to happen but be very carefull if its meant to happen it will this is how i had my first experience my friend would spend the nights on the weekends or I would at her house and we would go out do whatever then go to bed barely dressed and cuddle to sleep then one day it just happpend it was incredible this might not be the same circumstances. we continued to do so untill she moved away for college but we will always be friends above all else
Good Luck

LouiseBrookslover
Sep 19, 2006, 7:41 PM
I think it's sweet. I wish this were the norm rather than unusual in human relations.

Azrael
Sep 19, 2006, 7:50 PM
I think it's sweet. I wish this were the norm rather than unusual in human relations.
Agreed.

Robrich8705
Sep 19, 2006, 11:00 PM
Agreed.

I alo agree. I myself am male, and absolutely love to cuddle. I'm currently a virgin, in both the bi and 'normal' sense of the word (which is to say, I haven't had sex with either gender), and one of ym biggest fantasies is to find someone I care about, and fall asleep cuddling close to them and be able to wake up the next morning and see them there.

gentlepen9
Sep 20, 2006, 8:49 AM
I too think this is sweet. :tong: I often fantasize about just cuddling with someone on the couch or in bed while watching a movie until we fall asleep. Being able to be so physically close but not feel compelled to take it further can really create this sense of closeness between too people. My husband likes to cuddle too. Only one problem though, if he doesn't fall asleep within 10 minutes he gets horny and you know where that leads. Personally, my experience with men and cuddling has always led to sex. So from my experience I'll say men do like cuddling but for me it's always been a prelude to something more. I dream of the day when I can just cuddle and only cuddle. I guess that's part of what I hope to experience with a woman.

Robrich8705
Sep 20, 2006, 7:53 PM
I too think this is sweet. :tong: I often fantasize about just cuddling with someone on the couch or in bed while watching a movie until we fall asleep. Being able to be so physically close but not feel compelled to take it further can really create this sense of closeness between too people. My husband likes to cuddle too. Only one problem though, if he doesn't fall asleep within 10 minutes he gets horny and you know where that leads. Personally, my experience with men and cuddling has always led to sex. So from my experience I'll say men do like cuddling but for me it's always been a prelude to something more. I dream of the day when I can just cuddle and only cuddle. I guess that's part of what I hope to experience with a woman.

That's funny... the few times I've been able to cuddle with someone like that, I'll admit I was aroused by the emotional closeness of it, but it wasn't really something I was compelled to take care of. I find cuddling very, very emotionally fulfilling, and I'm happy to say that I can wait for sex. Cuddling is enough to keep me happy.

nuevaburro
Sep 22, 2006, 1:11 AM
So from my experience I'll say men do like cuddling but for me it's always been a prelude to something more. I dream of the day when I can just cuddle and only cuddle. I guess that's part of what I hope to experience with a woman.

I agree... that's one of the things that bugged me so much about my previous relationships with men, cuddling couldnt just stay cuddling.

ready4change0307
Sep 22, 2006, 10:14 PM
Wow! Well, from previous experience I would have to say that your friend secretly wants to take your friendship to a different level....I have been in this situation a few times, and it can either be very awkward, or absolutley amazing......Just waiting for one to make the first move is foreplay enough!!!

I dont know about most people...but I would say that she is sleeping next to you for a reason!! I know I dont sleep next to my friends!! and anytime they initiated it..their true feelings always came out...

Trust your gut on what she wants...and if you think it's a good idea..next time you are in bed together...lightly brush her thigh, or make other slight gestures and see where her response goes!! Good Luck you lucky girl!!! :tong:

Sapphocomplex
Sep 22, 2006, 10:31 PM
I agree with the whole " wait and if something happens, it happens" theory, but what strikes me is you have gone through the trouble of making this post to get feedback....so the thought of something more obviously crossed you mind. How do YOU feel about it, thats really all that matters i would think.Is it friendly cuddling,or do you feel anything remotely different? Good luck, many more warm nights to you.<3