PDA

View Full Version : Ever been to a gay bath house?

chongster
Oct 24, 2019, 10:39 AM
I am thinking about meeting a friend at one since we both have trouble hosting.

NjbiGuy01
Oct 24, 2019, 11:52 AM
There used to be one in Queens where I grew up. I visited only once. I was still getting used to the concept of being bi. I watched, jerked, and got off. It was hot. Guys in and out of showers, fucking on the benches in the locker room...depends on the place, but it can be fun.... At the time (late 70's) there was rampant unsafe play...

69luvr
Oct 24, 2019, 12:17 PM
yes several times. Watergarden in San Jose was HOT. Club Orlando was also HOT but Club Tampawas steamy! I heard its closed now. But thatwas one great place for dinner.

fredward
Oct 24, 2019, 12:36 PM
Agree on Watergarden in San Jose, one of the nicest facilities I've been to! Really top end, with a great outdoor pool that you can lounge around naked for hours.

I frequent gay saunas when I travel. Often they are kind of dingy, tho not necessarily unclean. They are my go-to thing for out-of-town hookups. Also, I love being naked and showing off. For me, then best sex is with a few guys and in front of many others. I often put my towel around my shoulders and just walk around with it all hanging out.

Different saunas have different crowds. Popular saunas with a big younger crowd can be tough on us older guys, but there's usually someone interested. Sometimes you end up at the opposite kind of place, with older guys chasing anyone and anything that moves, and sometimes quite aggressively. I'm mid-50s, and sometimes I'm the hot young guy in those. I prefer my age or a bit younger tho.

Condoms are almost always available. I've seen unsafe play, but that's not for me, and I often stick to non-penetrative fun in saunas anyway.

CentralMaGuy
Oct 24, 2019, 2:44 PM
I have never been to one but I love the idea. There are two in Providence that seem to have mixed reviews but I am planning to go there. I will post about what I find!

GreenFedora
Oct 24, 2019, 5:08 PM
I go quite often. I find that the guys there are mostly around my age (which I like;)). There's usually some action you can watch and I just like the over-all sexual vibes. A lot of guys are just there for blow jobs, but once in a while there's somebody totally into the complete man-on-man experience.

I enjoy my bathhouse experiences immensely.

stonebow
Oct 24, 2019, 6:55 PM
Like the OP, I am contemplating going to one. A guy I've been chatting with for years but have never hooked up with is a regular there. (I posted what that encounter MIGHT look like in the "What's your fantasy?" thread, btw) I'm still a bit nervous about it though, as I'm not out to any but those who need to know..ie: people I have sex with.

My buddy is in much the same situation....married, bi, grown kids, grandkids etc. so I'm not worried that he'll out me but who's to say i won't encounter someone who recognizes me from one of the public venues that I frequent for non sexual purposes. I have a variety of pastimes, some of them quite public. Not everyone I know would be likely to comprehend or tolerate my unconventional lifestyle, and things might get awkward should rumours get back to them.

Bluehill
Oct 25, 2019, 6:46 AM
If you want uncomplicated sex, ten they are the place to go!

Neonaught
Oct 25, 2019, 10:31 AM
There is a very nice one here called The Club Houston that I have thought about checking out many times. What deters me is hearing two guys I know report that they got HIV attending the place.

fredward
Oct 25, 2019, 1:15 PM
If you meet someone you know, then you know a special something about them too, and the likelihood is that they will prefer discretion too. It's never once happened to me tho.

I've been to a gay sauna in Edmonton a few years ago. Pretty nice place!

SilkyHoseLover
Oct 25, 2019, 3:05 PM
If you meet someone you know, then you know a special something about them too, and the likelihood is that they will prefer discretion too.
That freaks some guys out. Frankly, unless it was someone I've known and not liked, I'd enjoy the possibility of forming a new type of friendship with him. I like to get to know someone a bit before being intimate, and this could shortcut that process!

stonebow
Oct 25, 2019, 11:11 PM
If you meet someone you know, then you know a special something about them too, and the likelihood is that they will prefer discretion too. It's never once happened to me tho.

I've been to a gay sauna in Edmonton a few years ago. Pretty nice place!
Not even so much someone I know. It's more that they may be out of the closet and not particularly patient with those of us who are still in. The type of strident gay activist who regards anything but in-your-face gay pride as a cop out. Such a one is not likely to care what damage they do to peoples' lives with indiscreet talk.

zbi73
Oct 26, 2019, 2:29 PM
We don't have any where I am and I wouldn't go to it out of fear of being seen. In a different city or country then I'd like too, it's on my bucket list.

GreenFedora
Oct 28, 2019, 5:40 PM
For me, that's part of the thrill of going to a bathhouse. The total randomness of it and making it an adventure. Seeing someone I knew might end awkwardly or it could provide a wonderful outcome. It's a fantasy of mine.

stonebow
Nov 8, 2019, 11:46 AM
Still pondering it. I've discussed my misgivings with a few people I'm out to and so far I'm still on the fence....

fredward
Nov 8, 2019, 1:57 PM
Still pondering it. I've discussed my misgivings with a few people I'm out to and so far I'm still on the fence....

Hi friend,

If you're looking for someone to give you a gentle nudge, let me provide such a nudge :-)

I think that you should just go to the one in Edmonton. I've been to it once when in town on business. It's pretty typical of the North American gay sauna experience. The facilities are clean enough, tho not exactly luxurious. People were respectful. I went on a weeknight in winter and it was neither busy nor deserted. In fact, I had my first ever (yes, really) blow job to completion there at the age of 40-mumble, and I'll never forget that knee buckling experience.

Just walk around and observe if you like. There is no need to actually do anything. You are in total control of what you do or don't do, and your choice will be respected.

It's highly unlikely you will run into someone you know, and even less likely that anything will come from such a meeting should one occur. But it's all up to you and your comfort level in the end.

Cheers.

curious simon
Nov 8, 2019, 6:38 PM
Been visiting them in London for about the last 7 years. There used to be a lot more but with less they should be busier. Personally I love them. I`ve usually been travelling and appreciate taking my clothes off and getting in a shower. I`ve never shared a shower other than with a guy who was leaving and didn`t want to do anything other than leave, but I`m usually just giving myself a good clean before I go exploring.
No need to dry properly, just wrap that tiny towel round my waist and wander off down the corridors. Sweatbox in soho is exactly what it says on the tin, dark, steamy, and if bodybuilders are your thing then go enjoy, unfortunatly its not mine. That leaves Chariots in vauxhall and Pleasuredome in Waterloo and I wouldn`t like to pick a fovorite. I`ve had great times in both and been bored in both, you choose.

stonebow
Nov 9, 2019, 12:41 AM
Hi friend,

If you're looking for someone to give you a gentle nudge, let me provide such a nudge :-)

I think that you should just go to the one in Edmonton. I've been to it once when in town on business. It's pretty typical of the North American gay sauna experience. The facilities are clean enough, tho not exactly luxurious. People were respectful. I went on a weeknight in winter and it was neither busy nor deserted. In fact, I had my first ever (yes, really) blow job to completion there at the age of 40-mumble, and I'll never forget that knee buckling experience.

Just walk around and observe if you like. There is no need to actually do anything. You are in total control of what you do or don't do, and your choice will be respected.

It's highly unlikely you will run into someone you know, and even less likely that anything will come from such a meeting should one occur. But it's all up to you and your comfort level in the end.

Cheers.
Thanks for the encouragement. The one here...and I assume it's the same one you went to...has coed hours on weekends. Women and couples often show up then..or so I'm told. Going then might be more within my comfort zone as I don't tip my hand as to what exactly it is I'm looking for. It's getting hard to keep my balance on this fence...

iamcontent
Nov 9, 2019, 10:54 AM
I have been to both, depends on the night can be very hott

travelingman5000
Nov 10, 2019, 10:48 AM
There are a few of these places near me, Seattle. But I could never convince my self to go. I guess using a bath house as a place to meet and play with one person you have been planning on meeting does not have the same risk of STD/HIV contraction as messing around with multiple random guys but as a married strait living guy I would still be concerned about running into some one I know.

can2020
Nov 10, 2019, 11:42 AM
There are a few of these places near me, Seattle. But I could never convince my self to go. I guess using a bath house as a place to meet and play with one person you have been planning on meeting does not have the same risk of STD/HIV contraction as messing around with multiple random guys but as a married strait living guy I would still be concerned about running into some one I know.
i think it would be fun to watch and j/o

snjbiguy4you
Nov 10, 2019, 2:14 PM
I've been to a few over the years. My favorite was in Columbus, OH. I went there on a Saturday night, got naked, and started walking around. I found a room with a sling, and a guy waiting to be fucked in it, so I stood in front of him and started fucking him slowly. As I was doing him, a guy pressed himself against me from behind, and was running his hands all over me while sliding his cock between my ass cheeks.

The guy I was fucking came, and I told the guy who was feeling me up to put a condom on and fuck me. He lubed me up and pinned me against the wall while sliding in from behind. I love being watched, so it was a big turn on to have people watching and feeling us up while he fucked me.

After he came, I walked around some more and found a room where they keep the lights off, so you really can't see much. I liked that room - lots of hands all over me, cocks everywhere...yum! I got fucked a couple more times before I came, and that was that...it was almost three am, and I was done. I wish I could do that every weekend :)

BigAlNYC
Nov 12, 2019, 3:19 PM
There used to be a lot more of these places, of course. When I was growing up there were several gay bathhouses even in my midwestern city. But I didn't really have the guts to go back then and only went once, and after I was loudly rejected by some picky gay guys for being a bit chubby, I left.

That changed after I grew up a bit and got tougher. Believe it or not, there are now only a couple of such places in Manhattan. When I lived there I belonged to one and went pretty much every Monday (my day off). I had many memorable encounters there, including a very nice black guy from Britain who would fuck me in the dark with great affection for what seemed like hours. We got together 4 or 5 times. But even by then the days of the dark rooms and orgy rooms were over and no sex was permitted in public areas in NYC, even the steam room. The other bathhouse in Manhattan was in a very gay neighborhood and was a really weird place, with a huge number of thin or buff pretty boys standing around posing and seemingly very little real action happening.

I also went to bathhouses a lot when I traveled for work, which I used to do a lot more than I do now. My favorites were one in Chicago with a maze of dark rooms and glory holes, and one in Denver that was similar. I also did a long term assignment in the Bay Area and went to places in both Berkeley and San Jose that were really nice and clean and fun.

Now days, with apps and all, and after moving away from Manhattan, I never go to bathhouses anymore. If I feel like going somewhere where there are a bunch of horny men I go to the private bear parties, which you can find and join online, are very hospitable and action-packed for men like me, and have the type of guys that I really like.

bibliss
Nov 12, 2019, 5:01 PM
Just wondering if anybody has checked out the co-ed bisexual nights every Sunday and Tuesday nights at Hawks in Portland, Oregon

https://hawkspdx.com/events2

csreef
Nov 12, 2019, 5:28 PM
No I never have been to a gay bath house, and at this point in my life, I don't think I ever will.

DeathRoyale
Nov 12, 2019, 7:38 PM
When I lived in Houston there was a bath house downtown that i visited once. I knew I was Bi and had been to a adult theater a few times and had sex with a few guys. This place was full of guys that wanted to play. Made out in the hot tub. Played with a guy in the courtyard. played in the showers, bottomed for a guy in his little private room and topped a guy with a group around. clothing was optional so it was just excitement and eye loads of huge cocks beautiful ass and everyone was DTF. Played it safe each time though because unless you know someone you cant take that chance. wish it was still open because id love to have some fun.

blatant_bi_guy
Nov 12, 2019, 10:29 PM
When I lived in Milwaukee, I had a recurring yearly membership at a place called Midtowne Spa. I also occasionally visited a bathhouse in Kenosha, Wisconsin and Steamworks in Chicago.

Now that I live in the Atlanta area, I've been to Flex a couple of times, I've driven out to Augusta twice to go to Parliament.

Otherwise, if there's a chance in a city, I'll go visit.

sysper
Nov 13, 2019, 3:42 AM
Just wondering if anybody has checked out the co-ed bisexual nights every Sunday and Tuesday nights at Hawks in Portland, Oregon

https://hawkspdx.com/events2
bisexual nite sounds like such an awesome idea! a nice pleasant change of pace. assuming everyone there is open to swinging both ways, at least the guys. i wonder how many ladies show up?
i also see they have hiv testing on certain nites which it's awesome they seem to encourage a responsible sexual attitude.

Bluehill
Nov 14, 2019, 3:59 AM
Been visiting them in London for about the last 7 years. There used to be a lot more but with less they should be busier. Personally I love them. I`ve usually been travelling and appreciate taking my clothes off and getting in a shower. I`ve never shared a shower other than with a guy who was leaving and didn`t want to do anything other than leave, but I`m usually just giving myself a good clean before I go exploring.
No need to dry properly, just wrap that tiny towel round my waist and wander off down the corridors. Sweatbox in soho is exactly what it says on the tin, dark, steamy, and if bodybuilders are your thing then go enjoy, unfortunatly its not mine. That leaves Chariots in vauxhall and Pleasuredome in Waterloo and I wouldn`t like to pick a fovorite. I`ve had great times in both and been bored in both, you choose.
Don't forget The Locker Room in Kennington and Sailors in docklands.

Neonaught
Nov 14, 2019, 8:57 AM
When I lived in Houston there was a bath house downtown that i visited once. I knew I was Bi and had been to a adult theater a few times and had sex with a few guys. This place was full of guys that wanted to play. Made out in the hot tub. Played with a guy in the courtyard. played in the showers, bottomed for a guy in his little private room and topped a guy with a group around. clothing was optional so it was just excitement and eye loads of huge cocks beautiful ass and everyone was DTF. Played it safe each time though because unless you know someone you cant take that chance. wish it was still open because id love to have some fun.

Was it Midtown Spa or The Club Houston? Midtown closed a few years back.

colfax129
Nov 14, 2019, 1:26 PM
Years ago, I was by myself one day, and tried to check one out. When the guy asked for my ID, I chickened out and left. That was in Portland.

bbginva
Nov 14, 2019, 2:49 PM
I went once in Atlanta and it was hot but I preferred going to gay movie houses in the old days and getting and occasionally giving blow jobs while watching the action on the screen.

stonebow
Nov 15, 2019, 10:06 PM
I am thinking about meeting a friend at one since we both have trouble hosting.
So are you still undecided? I've been mulling it over for a while now and still not ready to pull the trigger. I've discussed it with some of my friends I'm out to and nobody has given me one compelling argument in favour. Mind you, not one of them tried to talk me out of it either...lol I've even tried coming at this from the perspective of that imagined 'witness' to my walk on the wild side. How would I handle seeing someone I recognized there?....say the clerk at the hardware store or that guy I occasionally see on jobsites? I don't think it's quite the same thing though as I KNOW I don't plan to out anybody....that's not how I roll. Plus, who sees who first has some bearing on it. If my presence make someone else uncomfortable and they cut out before I notice them, well...I suppose I'll have unwittingly ruined their night, but I'm no threat to them. Same if I spot them first. If on the other hand we recognize each other there'd be an awkward moment....nothing mature adults shouldn't be able to deal with though, right?

Flypaper
Nov 16, 2019, 12:19 AM
If I went and saw a gay friend who didn’t know I am bi I’d be shy. If however I saw a friend who was closeted I think our friendship would immediately become stronger with the shared secret.

what about bathhouses in strange cities? Risky or fun?

So are you still undecided? I've been mulling it over for a while now and still not ready to pull the trigger. I've discussed it with some of my friends I'm out to and nobody has given me one compelling argument in favour. Mind you, not one of them tried to talk me out of it either...lol I've even tried coming at this from the perspective of that imagined 'witness' to my walk on the wild side. How would I handle seeing someone I recognized there?....say the clerk at the hardware store or that guy I occasionally see on jobsites? I don't think it's quite the same thing though as I KNOW I don't plan to out anybody....that's not how I roll. Plus, who sees who first has some bearing on it. If my presence make someone else uncomfortable and they cut out before I notice them, well...I suppose I'll have unwittingly ruined their night, but I'm no threat to them. Same if I spot them first. If on the other hand we recognize each other there'd be an awkward moment....nothing mature adults shouldn't be able to deal with though, right?

stonebow
Nov 26, 2019, 9:47 PM
Bump thread..

NakedInSeattle
Nov 27, 2019, 7:09 PM
I ran across a friend (known to be gay) at the bathhouse. He was my wife's hair dresser and unaware I'm bi. We had a good laugh and have seen each other many times socially since and no awkwardness at all. We're both adults. Wife had a good laugh too!

SilkyHoseLover
Nov 29, 2019, 10:10 AM
We had a good laugh and have seen each other many times socially since and no awkwardness at all. We're both adults. Wife had a good laugh too!
That's the way I'd be and would hope for the same response from any of my friends or acquaintences! :)

Footstep40
Nov 29, 2019, 2:26 PM
We have two here in Denver that I went to long ago always with a friend though. Certainly some VERY risky behavior going on that we didn’t partake in. Had a great time though. There is a nude spa here that divides the rooms by sex, that is pretty hot. Of course no sex is aloud, but finding a new friend to watch jack off and return the favor is pretty easy. Just don’t touch!

dinatagail
Nov 30, 2019, 11:37 AM
I visited one in Columbus Ohio a few months back. I was dressed in some pretty slinky lingerie and quickly because the center of a blow-bang. I'm still missing a shoe from that little wrist but I had a great time.

stonebow
Dec 22, 2019, 7:12 PM
Ok...I'm taking the plunge! Tomorrow I'm going to meet a couple guys I've known for a while...and they've invited another friend of their's. Promises to be a wild little party!

zbi73
Dec 23, 2019, 2:29 PM
Ok...I'm taking the plunge! Tomorrow I'm going to meet a couple guys I've known for a while...and they've invited another friend of their's. Promises to be a wild little party!

Enjoy, hope all goes well.

stonebow
Dec 23, 2019, 4:12 PM
Yeah, I suppose it went well. All the guys were attentive and respectful and so on. Though I was surprisingly soft through most of it. I would have imagined I'd be rock hard and ready to plow any willing hole but I was actually only able to fuck the one bottom. Fortunately the other guy was a flip so it was up to him to top me.....one of three to do so! Funny...I hardly ever have any such trouble when I'm with a woman? Starting to wonder just how bi I really am?...lol

Neonaught
Dec 24, 2019, 10:55 AM
Yeah, I suppose it went well. All the guys were attentive and respectful and so on. Though I was surprisingly soft through most of it. I would have imagined I'd be rock hard and ready to plow any willing hole but I was actually only able to fuck the one bottom. Fortunately the other guy was a flip so it was up to him to top me.....one of three to do so! Funny...I hardly ever have any such trouble when I'm with a woman? Starting to wonder just how bi I really am?...lol

Sounds to me like you were just a bit nervous and that's just natural in a new situation.

stonebow
Dec 27, 2019, 1:32 PM
You may be right Neonaught. I guess I should probably try it more than once...just to be certain, huh?....lol

stonebow
Dec 27, 2019, 2:32 PM
Sorry GF, I can't open the link.

Rvdude05
Jan 10, 2020, 12:19 AM
Happened to me once, when I was 19. I went into an ABS and was cruising the hallways, when I ran my boss. He said hello, and whats up? I was embarrassed and and told him I was just checking the place out. I quickly left. Fast forward, 15 years, and I'm now in upper management of a business. Lo and behold, my old boss is the newest employee. I invite him into my office, we chat awhile about old times, and he asks me why I left the ABS is such a hurry. I told him I was embarrassed, and didn't know what to do. He told me that he would have helped me back then, because he thought I was hot, in fact, he told me I still was hot. This was a night shift, and not much activity, so I shut off the light, closed the door, and he quickly went down on me. Long story short, we live together now, and we're living happily ever after..... So, when someone recognizes you, don't freak out, hes there for the same reason you are.....

BisexualGuySlut
Jan 23, 2020, 1:22 PM
Yes....I’ve been 5 or 6 times now in Las Vegas....I really enjoy going

RisingBi
Jan 24, 2020, 7:43 AM
I've lost count of how many times I've been to a bathhouse, probably dozens--in Toronto (where there are many, even more in the past), nearby Hamilton, Ottawa, San Francisco, and New York City, all places where I have lived in (or nearby), and once in Berlin when visiting--as well as several times to gay sex clubs in Toronto, San Francisco, and New York City, and once in Los Angeles when visiting. I have never met a single person in any of them at any time that I have known, other than the occasional gay or bisexual man that I've played with before. One of the things that you can be sure of is that there are plenty of married bisexual guys there, so if you have an ethical thing of being the partner he cheats with, then you can always surreptitiously find out if he has a wife, girlfriend, or boyfriend before sucking or fucking him.

You can be as anonymous as you wish in a bathhouse: in fact, with most encounters not a single word is spoken, especially in the public areas. There's lots of oral in the wet and dry saunas, including group scenes, though you often have to initiate a group scene because most guys are very shy until the ice is broken. Once two or three guys start playing together, many more will join in. I've been in group scenes with up to 10 or 15 guys, mostly sucking each other, but a few fucking as well sometimes. There's oral as well in the porn video rooms, the gloryhole booths, the dark mazes, and a little bit in the showers & whirlpool hot tubs. You may find a little bit of anal in different places, but most of the fucking (as well as sucking only) happens in the private rooms, which are sometimes not so private because the doors are sometimes left open with either exhibitionist motives or to invite a third person in as well. If the bathhouse has a sling room, then there's often a guy in the sling getting his ass ploughed out good.

If you don't want to engage with any particular partner, then you just gently move away or move his hand away when he makes the universal gesture of touching you to show that he is interested. Condoms are available at the front desk to always encourage safe anal sex, which I think is a must in a place like a bathhouse. Oral sex is universally without a condom. Hand jobs also happen, as well as just masturbation. If I didn't have any luck in cumming with another guy, then I would masturbate to orgasm in private, such as in an empty sauna if I just had a locker instead of the more expensive private room. And no sex is allowed in the TV room, which is used to take a time-out to rest, and I've rarely seen any sex in the locker areas.

The one exception to all the anonymous sex is, as the originator of this thread said, when two guys that know each other go to a bathhouse to have sex together, either as an easy convenient place to get naked together, for the added thrill of being surrounded by other guys having sex, to engage in exhibitionism and voyeurism, or to engage in group sex together.

I haven't gone to a bathhouse (and any other kind of sex venue) since 2013, though, after I engaged in anal play with another guy for the first time in a bathhouse in Berlin, when I tonguefucked this young twink's asshole for over an hour before putting a condom on and fucking him, finally losing my gay virginity. The experience was so incredibly moving for me, really allowing me to get much more deeply in touch with my homosexual side, that from then on I started hooking up with guys through online sites, getting to know them, and having sex in each other's homes. I definitely like the more personal approach now when it comes to man-on-man sex, just like it's always been with women. But a bathhouse is still a place to go for many guys.