PDA

View Full Version : How common is the one night stand in the bi community?

miamiuu
Sep 15, 2006, 6:22 PM
Curious on what is the consensus on this. Me personally I'm somewhat of a prude because I don't like to waste time with people even if it is just for sex so I would have to know someone alot longer than a night. Just interested in hearing others thoughts on the subject.

DiamondDog
Sep 15, 2006, 7:15 PM
Just keep on doing what you're doing. Nobody says you have to have a one night stand or pick up tricks if you don't want to. Sex is all about choice, as in most people pick and choose what they like/don't like. I know gay/bi men that don't do anal sex, guys who don't give oral sex, guys that only have sex in a loving relationship with a boyfriend, bi guys that will only have sex with a man when another woman is there, and guys that are total cock hounds that go to sex clubs.

Being bisexual for me doesn't CHANGE anything, or make me do anything differently. I just AM, and it just IS, and that's just that.

I have had tricks before. It's not something I do that often but it's been known to happen but I'll do it if I'm on vacation and I see a really hot guy or a guy that I really connect with and I know that I'll regret it if I don't have sex with him. I just do safer sex acts with them like mutual masturbation and making out, spanking/paddling/flogging, or some rubbing around.

I have had one with a woman but all we did for sex was making out, I gave her oral sex, and I used a rider's crop on her. She is het and I know it sounds prejudiced and narrow minded; but in my experience het women don't know as much about their bodies/STD status as well as bi/queer women do.

Go by your own standards, not some standards of a "community" that IMO isn't really existent at all. In the end you just have to be yourself, and hopefully be happy with yourself.

Herbwoman39
Sep 15, 2006, 7:30 PM
It's not just the Bi community that has one-nighters. There are plenty of straight and gay people having recreational sex, too.

When I was in my early 20s (and still VERY deeply in denial about being Bi) I had more one nighters with guys than you can count on two hands. I was just out to have fun.

I was identifying as straight then so, as I said before it isn't just the Bi community that does this. It's any overtly sexual being that believes in recreational sex.

Nara_lovely
Sep 17, 2006, 6:52 AM
Agreed; each PERSON makes the choice. It's not specifically a 'group'

Me; I've never had a one-night-stand.

That's my choice.

12voltman59
Sep 17, 2006, 7:48 AM
When I was younger--I had my share of "one-nighters"---starting in my late teens through my 20s and on into my 30s--I had many such liasons---mostly with women but my male contacts also fell into this catagory--

Now that I am older---I am more particular I guess, for I have had very few such contacts anymore.

Just another one of those cyclical things perhaps--

smokey
Sep 17, 2006, 8:01 AM
I don't do it anymore but when I was young and slim and beautiful you could have replaced my legs with revolving doors...if it was healthy, human and attractive I was more than interested. At one point in the mid-late 70's I tried to see if I could go and have a different partner each day for a whole month (31 day month bigrin: ) and I exceeded my goal by quite a bit. If I could arrange it I would have a man one day and a woman the next and if I was really lucky both in one day. My guessitmate is that I have had around 300 sexual partners over the 34 years of my sexual life (I am 50) and I have been VERY lucky. I caught the clap once and am and remain HIV-. I am still a horny (not so little anymore) bugger but I date one person at a time, and I do not cheat, then or now.

izzfan
Nov 15, 2006, 10:37 AM
I don't know exactly how common 'one night stands' are amongst the bi community but they seem to be quite popular in the straight and gay communities so I'm guessing tht there are bi ppl who have one night stands. I have had a couple in the past and I have to admit that they can be amazing so I'm not condemning them at all. I guess it depends on the induvidual rather than the group as a whole.

Izzfan

goodbigirl
Nov 17, 2006, 5:51 PM
One nighters aren't much fun. I think of one nighters as being that way because he (or she) was a terrible lover and/or turned into somebody else after they got what they wanted.

innaminka
Nov 17, 2006, 5:53 PM
I agree with the direction the other writers have said.
Being Bi has nothing to do with 1-niters. Its purely an individual choice regardless of sexual orientation.

Sparks
Nov 18, 2006, 9:38 AM
Very often, with the younger folks, and I speak from experience. :2cents:

fishfry29
Feb 5, 2007, 1:51 PM
All my M/M experences have been "one night stands' in the sence I am married and want only "no strings attached" relationships with other men. I would love to find a regular B.J. buddy, however that hasent happened yet.

meta23
Feb 6, 2007, 11:48 AM
Here's a nice example from Overheard in New York:

http://www.overheardinnewyork.com/archives/008962.html

I'm not sure how many one night stands that counts as.

spartca
Feb 6, 2007, 4:22 PM
In my humble experience, more often than I would really prefer.

No seriously, I think a lot of times someone has taken me for a "test drive" just to see how it would feel to be with an "exotic" biseuxal male, when I really was into them and would have liked a regular thing. Ah, tourists.

jookboxcharlie
Feb 6, 2007, 7:09 PM
Here's a nice example from Overheard in New York:

http://www.overheardinnewyork.com/archives/008962.html

I'm not sure how many one night stands that counts as.

I LOVE Overheard in New York!