PDA

View Full Version : Cool Avatars--I want one

sailorashore
Jul 11, 2005, 12:38 PM
Where do you guys and girls find all these cool avatars and images, and how do you get them into your profiles and ads? I am having problems getting and posting ANYthing (sometimes I can, most often not) but as for avatars and images, I am clueless. Don't even know where to begin looking. Can anyone help me?

rupertbare
Jul 11, 2005, 1:07 PM
OK Sailor: I'm not a whiz-kid and I actually worked out the avatar bit just today - so here goes. Go to the "My Bi." bit at the top of the scrren, in green - go to "edit avatar" click the "custom avatar" button then click on "browse" this should give access to you computer's files/drives. Choose any image you have stored on your computer or on a CDRW/floppy. It has to be fairly small. Images can be one's you have scanned or saved from any internet site that you have viewed (right button click "save image to"). You use the same message for images on your profile by clicking on the "edit profile picture" bit. Remember if it doesn't upload - your image is too large. Keep on trying - I got there in the end!! We're not all blessed with an instant ability to understand these things - I know that I certainly am not - but I got there and I'm sure you will - good luck!!

Rupe

badkittyamy
Jul 11, 2005, 1:36 PM
Well really if you want a cool avatar what you should do is foolow what rupe said above. Check out the max size requirements and if yu have image editing software you can scale it down to that size. A friend drew mine, it's supposed to be a cat version of me. What i did is colored the image in photoshop, then scaled it down. Creating a new file i chose the pixel dimensions width and height to be the max requirements. I copy pasted my other picture onto the new file and moved it around until the avatar was how i wanted it and it's an easy way to make sure the size is right. Of course if you don't have photoshop or image editing software that can do that all of this is pretty useles lol. :rolleyes:

EvilDoctor
Jul 11, 2005, 1:41 PM
There are also many free avatars available on the internet. Just search under the word "Avatar" and keep going till you find one that suits your fancy... :compuser:

Tigerstarlight
Jul 11, 2005, 2:11 PM
I get mine from http://www.iconator.com/

Just wanted to share that with you...:)

DÆMØN
Jul 11, 2005, 7:48 PM
I make my own with photoshop / paint shop pro / flash / irfanviewer.

codybear3
Jul 11, 2005, 8:05 PM
I use my photo-editing program and resize whatever image I wish to use. Check your PC and look for anything having to do with photos that might help you. Hope this helps you...-Cody :)

Brian
Jul 12, 2005, 12:37 AM
As for uploading your avatar... once you have an avatar saved on your computer, click on the My Bisexual.com button > then Edit Avatar. Then use the Browse button on that page to select the location and filename of the avatar on your computer and upload to our server. Avatars must be no more than 80 pixels on the longest side and no more than 19.5kb filesize.

- Drew :paw:

Heartless01
Jul 20, 2005, 6:47 AM
Where do you guys and girls find all these cool avatars and images, and how do you get them into your profiles and ads? I am having problems getting and posting ANYthing (sometimes I can, most often not) but as for avatars and images, I am clueless. Don't even know where to begin looking. Can anyone help me?

HI AND WELCOME TO THE SITE!

I just find pictures I like and edit them to fit. Do some searches, or if ya like I can help if you tell me what you are looking for. Then, I can resize and send to you in email.

I work wednesday thru saturday, so I am limited on time ... lol no rush jobs...