PDA

View Full Version : Heart Surgery and reoccuring pain??

spirit_dreamer07
Sep 13, 2006, 9:11 PM
Has anyone had heart surgery, whether it be open or closed and not have any problems for several years but then all of a sudden start having pain that would reoccur often as on a daily basis?

I've made trips to the ER on occasions over the years about it and often have been told it is a scar tissue build up, so I have taken pain meds for when it would start up but I guess my question is has anyone had it continuously hurt and have to take meds everyday and if so, were you put on prescription meds that needed to be taken daily or for a long period of time?

I plan to go to the dr soon if it keeps up much longer but I wanted to see if anyone else has had the same problem.

Herbwoman39
Sep 13, 2006, 9:17 PM
This is your *heart*. You only get ONE of those. Don't fool around. Go to the doctor.

I've got a very dear friend who had a pacemaker installed five years ago and is only now just starting to get back to normal so I know it takes time to recover. But if you have to take pain pills daily, it sounds serious.

Call the doctor in the morning and make the appointment. Procrastination only makes things worse.

TashaSW
Sep 13, 2006, 9:23 PM
I don't know much about heart surgery and pain but I 100% agree with Herbwoman :)

Get it checked
Tasha

Mrs.F
Sep 13, 2006, 10:41 PM
Sometimes the ER is not always correct and they usually tell you to follow up with your Dr. They are only there to deal with what's going on at the moment, not to fix the problem for good! If you've had heart surgery before....you must have a cardiologist??? I would be getting to the dr. soon. The heart is not something you play around with and hope it goes away. If your having pain daily....there is a reason...get to the bottom of it and find out why!!!!!!!

Sorry if that came off as bossy or pushy, but when it comes to the heart, don't wait! :)

Michael623
Sep 13, 2006, 11:56 PM
You didn't say what kind of heart surgery you had and if you have heart disease. I had an angioplasty and stent a little over 6 years ago. I went through rehab with several people who also had stents and those that had by-pass surgery. I certainly have the possibility of further problems as I have several other arteries that are clogged. But, if the pain you are having is angina then it something you should see your doctor about immediately or sooner. I would hope that you know about angina and know your body well enough to watch closely for it. Please, go see your doctor soon.

Hugs,
Michael

taz67156
Sep 14, 2006, 11:15 AM
I had an angioplasty and stent about 2 or 3 years ago but I also had family that had open heart surgery and had that kind of pain they went right to the doctor about it and found it was part of the wire they used to close their chest that was sticking them but still if you have been in pain this long don't wait around cause it could be something worse so get right to the doc.