PDA

View Full Version : hi im new

2Vtnbacc
Sep 13, 2006, 12:08 AM
i was just wondering how this all works..lookslike there's a lot of dating and experimenting goin on here..one thing i would like to suggest for everyone is please keep nude photos to yourself... : :eek:
i almost lost my lunch looking at old folks' nudity..srry..it jsut aint my cup of tea..if u ask me.. :bigrin:

vip2469
Sep 13, 2006, 1:00 AM
I Don't think anyone asked you! :tongue: ;)

Azrael
Sep 13, 2006, 1:11 AM
Not everyone puts nude photos in their profile. Mine has me sitting in a rocket engine :bigrin: Vive le difference.

Rhuth
Sep 13, 2006, 9:15 AM
Welcome, 2Vtnbacc!

Nice to see another bay area girl here! Can't wait to see your profile when you get it up.

I liked the way glantern voiced his concern about nudity in profiles in an earlier thread (http://main.bisexual.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1287). It was that discussion which convinced me to leave out the nudie pics from my own profile. I'm not shy by a longshot! Lol I just do not want to offend others.

As far as being an "old folk", there is nothing I can do about that for ya. ;)

Looking forward to seeing your posts and chats,
Rhuth

deepbluejamie
Sep 13, 2006, 10:56 AM
Hi
I just joined myself a few days ago for the kinship and support from others just like me. Personally the nudity doesn't bug me, I either don't look or respect and applaud those people's self esteem.
LOL and as one of the old folks, :bigrin: All I can say, is you too will be there one day. Please be kind, not all of us were born to be models.

Herbwoman39
Sep 13, 2006, 12:41 PM
First of all, I'd like to say "Welcome"! This is a wonderful community full of tolerant people. We have people here of all ages. That's the great thing about a community. You'll find people of all ages and walks of life here.

As for the nudity, that's part of tolerance. Some people are proud of their bodies. But if nudity isn't your "cup of tea" you can always hit the "back" button or exit out of the screen. That's the wonderful thing about choices. You don't HAVE to look at things you don't want to look at.

In respect to how this all works, just post on topics that are relevant to you. If you don't find something you want to talk about, start your own topic. You don't have to hook up with somebody or engage in a discussion that you're uncomfortable with. We're not all here to talk about sex, though the topic *can* be fun ;)

allbimyself
Sep 13, 2006, 12:47 PM
[quote]It was that discussion which convinced me to leave out the nudie pics from my own profile. I'm not shy by a longshot! Lol I just do not want to offend others.[quote]I wouldn't be offended! Want my email address. :tong:

Rhuth
Sep 13, 2006, 2:30 PM
I wouldn't be offended! Want my email address. :tong:
LOL Why am I not surprised, allbi? Yes, you can have nudie pics. :eek:

TashaSW
Sep 13, 2006, 2:52 PM
i was just wondering how this all works..lookslike there's a lot of dating and experimenting goin on here..one thing i would like to suggest for everyone is please keep nude photos to yourself... : :eek:
i almost lost my lunch looking at old folks' nudity..srry..it jsut aint my cup of tea..if u ask me.. :bigrin:

I do agree... I think it would be nice if there was a separated page for nude pictures.... like you open a profile, theres faceshots but a white box saying "click to view" (for nude pictures).
I too hate looking at profiles and seeing someones penis or a sex picture shot.... I like to see FACES when I view profiles lol

But I think its best to have a link to click to view the nude shots cause not everyone wants to see it, could scare off people, or maybe you have a young child in the room.

If I wanted to see nude pics, I would rather click on a link to view them.. but for now, I just close the profile if I don't like it :-)

Tasha

allbimyself
Sep 13, 2006, 3:35 PM
:bowdown: :bowdown: I'm not worthy! :bowdown: :bowdown:

Flounder1967
Sep 13, 2006, 7:58 PM

Your Pretty Rhuth

May I have a pic also. Allbi said i was worthy

Mrs.F
Sep 13, 2006, 8:04 PM
Your Pretty Rhuth

May I have a pic also. Allbi said i was worthy

Excuse me.....your worthy of what???????????? :stoned:

meteast chick
Sep 13, 2006, 8:25 PM
I'd like to extend a big welcome to you!!!

With the utmost respect, just remember that only YOU choose to view profiles, so you always take the chance that there is unsavory information or images not to your liking. For every one of us who doesn't care for it, there is someone who's cup of tea it certainly is.

Take care,
meteast chick

TashaSW
Sep 13, 2006, 8:43 PM
I'd like to extend a big welcome to you!!!

With the utmost respect, just remember that only YOU choose to view profiles, so you always take the chance that there is unsavory information or images not to your liking. For every one of us who doesn't care for it, there is someone who's cup of tea it certainly is.

Take care,
meteast chick

You're right :) Thats why I often just hit backspace if I didn't like what I read or saw. Everyone has thier rights to post something as long as its not REALLY cruel (like bad talking about handicaps, race...etc)
I just think the nude pics should be more thought about cause what if a kid was in the room and happens to look up at mom or dad (or whoevers watching them) on the comp and sees the nude pic too??
Just thinking about the children.

Tasha

Herbwoman39
Sep 13, 2006, 9:09 PM
You're right :) Thats why I often just hit backspace if I didn't like what I read or saw. Everyone has thier rights to post something as long as its not REALLY cruel (like bad talking about handicaps, race...etc)
I just think the nude pics should be more thought about cause what if a kid was in the room and happens to look up at mom or dad (or whoever is watching them) on the comp and sees the nude pic too??
Just thinking about the children.

Tasha

Tasha;

I agree that we should be careful of who views the content, but as a Mom myself I have to say that it would be extremely irresponsible to view such things when there are children around and most parents have the good sense to make sure the little curtain climbers are no where in sight first ;)

Heck my boys are 16 & 18 and *I* don't look at such things when they're around even though I know for a fact that they have their own personal stash of stuff :)

JrzGuy3
Sep 13, 2006, 10:20 PM
lookslike there's a lot of dating and experimenting goin on here
I don't think we're quite that promiscuous. While many of us are in relationships, I can't recall hearing of any of the serious (>10ish posts) posters having met anyone else here (at least not promiscuously)- we talked about this a while back. There's frequently (every few days, perhaps) a person to post a personal ad (blah blah looking to meet blah blah), but the people who make thoses posts damn near invariably have 1-2 posts, tops (ie, they joined the site for no greater reason than to look for a lay.

Hey Drew, "Personal Ads" forum?

It was that discussion which convinced me to leave out the nudie pics from my own profile. I'm not shy by a longshot! Lol I just do not want to offend others.

:_(

**sniff**

redheadedwench
Sep 13, 2006, 11:24 PM
welcome, welcome!

btw-can we send pics in a private message to someone on here? i was just wondering if it was at all possible? :flag4:

JrzGuy3
Sep 13, 2006, 11:40 PM
welcome, welcome!

btw-can we send pics in a private message to someone on here? i was just wondering if it was at all possible? :flag4:

Do you mean that from a standpoint of conduct or technology? If the latter, sure: both the e-mail client and messegeboard read BBCode (the type of internet code that looks for formatting tags in square brackets), so you can hyperlink an image to an e-mail (this requires somewhere online be hosting it, but I can explain if you want). The e-mail client does not currently support attaching files, so sending them the usual way is out.

canuckotter
Sep 14, 2006, 8:16 AM
Yarr. If you're worried about what you're going to see, don't click on profiles. Problem solved. :tong:

And yeah, very little dating going on here. Well, except for Flounder and Mrs F, I have a sneaking suspicion that they may be fooling around together... :eek:

GalacticiaActual
Sep 14, 2006, 8:38 AM
This is why there will always be war in the world...
Instead of people just living with their own beliefs and opinions, they think that they have to preach it to everyone else and expect them to conform.
How bout this... If YOU want to see it, look. If YOU don't, then don't.
If you don't like the functionality or content of the site, then don't be a member.
Reminiscent of people who complain about radio and t.v. content, rather than just changing the channel to something that better suits them.
Seems simple, doesn't it?
:soapbox:

holle1199
Sep 14, 2006, 9:06 AM
Hello;
I am new to this also--only joined a couple days ago--seems to be a nice place, I am from the St Pete Fla area.As far as nude pics I like to see them no matter what age they are.
Jim

Welcome, 2Vtnbacc!

As far as being an "old folk", there is nothing I can do about that for ya. ;)

Looking forward to seeing your posts and chats,
Rhuth

taz67156
Sep 14, 2006, 11:24 AM
welcome to the site and hope you enjoy being here I think everyone has a right to put what they want in the profile but nude pics should be in a different place but people need to let drew know about it to see what he can do if anything.

arana
Sep 14, 2006, 1:10 PM
This is why there will always be war in the world...
Instead of people just living with their own beliefs and opinions, they think that they have to preach it to everyone else and expect them to conform.
How bout this... If YOU want to see it, look. If YOU don't, then don't.
If you don't like the functionality or content of the site, then don't be a member.
Reminiscent of people who complain about radio and t.v. content, rather than just changing the channel to something that better suits them.
Seems simple, doesn't it?
:soapbox:
Well said

Mrs.F
Sep 14, 2006, 5:10 PM
And yeah, very little dating going on here. Well, except for Flounder and Mrs F, I have a sneaking suspicion that they may be fooling around together... :eek:

LMAO>>>>>> :cutelaugh

DannyJ
Sep 15, 2006, 12:56 AM
So, little girl, you don't like what you see? Then don't fucking look! The people here all seem to get along really well (even when they have differences of opinion), and have for a long time...and they don't need some insulting, rude snot who just joined to tell them what to do or not to do. If you're going to lose your lunch, then don't eat; if you want to be treated politely and with respect, first learn what those words mean and then put them into practice (some things you've got to give before you get...things that people don't automatically have a right to, but have to earn for themselves). If you're not happy with others' bodies, that's your problem--if you'd rather have the option not to see others' bodies, then say so in a non-judgmental, non-insulting and non-asshole manner, and suggest an alternative (I know, that means you'd have to think first--what a concept). Am I reacting strongly to your innocent little quips? Hell, yes: there's already way too much negative bullshit in the world, who needs it here, one place that should be a shelter from that shit! Get over yourself, kid, and the next time I read something from you, if I owe you an apology, I'll give you the biggest one I can in a New-York second...if not, then I'll just tell you, "Chuck you, Farley!"

warm heart
Sep 15, 2006, 6:02 AM
[quote]It was that discussion which convinced me to leave out the nudie pics from my own profile. I'm not shy by a longshot! Lol I just do not want to offend others.[quote]I wouldn't be offended! Want my email address. :tong:

lol allbi...........

warm heart
Sep 15, 2006, 6:08 AM
I do agree... I think it would be nice if there was a separated page for nude pictures.... like you open a profile, theres faceshots but a white box saying "click to view" (for nude pictures).
I too hate looking at profiles and seeing someones penis or a sex picture shot.... I like to see FACES when I view profiles lol

But I think its best to have a link to click to view the nude shots cause not everyone wants to see it, could scare off people, or maybe you have a young child in the room.

If I wanted to see nude pics, I would rather click on a link to view them.. but for now, I just close the profile if I don't like it :-)

Tasha

i agree babe....some shots....i sooo dont wanta see....so i close the box....i like to see someones smile
............and their eyes which are said to be the gateway to their soul.....lol i am a romantic at heart......

csrakate
Sep 15, 2006, 11:28 AM

One thing you need to understand about this site is that we are a mixture of interests AND ages....so if you can't be more polite in reference to the older set, then perhaps you need to confine yourself to a more "youthful" site. While I am not particularly interested in the nude pics myself, young OR old, I do realize that I am not forced to look at them and it is not up to me to tell someone not to post such pics, much less make disparaging remarks about them.

Kate

Mrs.F
Sep 16, 2006, 11:32 AM

You may be young now with a sexy body. As LIFE goes on and you have kids and age...the body does change. However, a person is still sexy and is thought of sexy by their partner/spouse/lover and hopefully they still feel sexy. Don't put others down, that is just plain rude!! :disgust: And as my mom taught me (which I know I have not always done) "if you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything at all". We are not on the site to be judgemental. This is the one place many come to get away from that type of behavior..

And I don't think there is alot of dating and experimenting going on. :rolleyes: Sure there is some, but realistically most just come here to be with people like themselves and have a good time. I joined here after I discovered my husband was bisexual. I have never once been offended by any pictures. People have a right to put what they want on the profiles and if you don't want to take the chance of seeing something you may not like....don't look at the pictures, better yet, don't look at the profiles. Everyone has feelings...remember that. :2cents:

2Vtnbacc
Sep 16, 2006, 6:45 PM
Thank you for all the warm welcomes and not so warm welcomes. After reading everyone's opinions, I would like to say that Im truely sorry if I offended anyone which i didnt mean to. I didn't really put into much consideration on how people would react or feel. How egocentric of me.=/ Since I just came into this forum, I expected it to be a little more "reserved" but i respect that people can be free about their bodies and next time i will not "look." but i hope there will a button that says"click nude profile" to warn me in the future because i do live with 2 other family members in my room.

Furthermore, i didn't know what to expect either and when I had seen these nude and explicit photos i was scared because I live in this little box called the "comfort zone" and this comfort zone involves me not seeing these kinds of display as much. However, i am tryin to improve myself to step outside of the box and be more free and open with others in which i am in the process of doing now.=)Next time I will be a little more careful and considerate about other people's feelings because everyone should be treated equally and yes if i ever felt offended by another person's comments, I too,would do the same. :bigrin:

Obviously, being at the age i am now has their disadvantages which is being nieve and childish. It was childish of me to have assumed that everyone did a lot of "dating" but whos to say and saying phrases such as " seeing old folks..makes me barf..not my cup of tea." Im not gonna force anyone to do something they don't want to but it was suppose to be a suggestion which came out negatively and in the wrong way. Maybe I just wanted to test the waters and see how ppl would react which I know wasn't a good way to start off. Also i am a lost,confused,lonlely child that doesn't know from right and wrong. I still have much to learn about life.

I was rude and i understand that everyone is different so in that sense thanks for the advice (somewhat) and comments.It also made me realize that beauty comes in every age,shape, and form. I hope to gain acceptance in this forum is and to become friends instead of enemies. Next time I will "watch" wat i say. =X =D

As i grow older and become more mature that Looks isn't entirely important, it's what inside that counts in the end.

csrakate
Sep 16, 2006, 6:53 PM
Thanks for your comments, 2Vtnbacc and please know that you are most welcome here. You'll just have to excuse us if we are a bit protective of all our members, young and old, and for you to apologize in such a manner proves that you meant no ill will.

So...in keeping with starting over with a clean slate...May I welcome you to this site and hope you find all that you need and desire here. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask...just watch the way you word things LOL!!!

Hugs,
Kate

2Vtnbacc
Sep 16, 2006, 7:00 PM
FINALLY..haha gosh..okay i will try my best not to say certain things. i shud've read up the posting rules which btw was in small print and i usually hate rules but i guess i was way too excited to join that i forgot to "think"

anyways..*reads* over and over and over..LOL

3. Sexual freedom is what it's all about, but even it should have limits - discussions of non-consensual sex, violence and sex, or sex involving children are not welcome here, will be promptly deleted, and the poster may be banned.

4. Have fun. Learn. Share. Entertain. Discuss. Argue. Enlighten.

I broke the rules..so sue me.=P

DannyJ
Sep 16, 2006, 11:32 PM
So, kid, you learned something, did you? Good for you (I'm being real now); you tested the waters, found them a little chilly, but still went deeper and found that the water got warmer and more comfortable. I give you credit, and compliment you on your gumption (don't worry about that word, it's used by us "blue-hairs", and it's always good...lol). If anything I wrote helped you to grow, I'm glad--growth is life, and life is learning; if anything I wrote caused you to be hurt as a catalyst to or by-product of that growth, I sincerely apologize for that pain. One thing you may find is that a person's age is no indication of his or her wisdom; the two seldom have anything to do with each other, so take people one at a time on their own terms, take life one day at a time on its own terms and take yourself to the highest levels of experience on your own terms. As a friend of mine used to say, "We're not here for a long time, so we might as well be here for a good time", as long as we don't hurt each other along the road through life.

csrakate
Sep 17, 2006, 3:40 AM
FINALLY..haha gosh..okay i will try my best not to say certain things. i shud've read up the posting rules which btw was in small print and i usually hate rules but i guess i was way too excited to join that i forgot to "think"

anyways..*reads* over and over and over..LOL

3. Sexual freedom is what it's all about, but even it should have limits - discussions of non-consensual sex, violence and sex, or sex involving children are not welcome here, will be promptly deleted, and the poster may be banned.

4. Have fun. Learn. Share. Entertain. Discuss. Argue. Enlighten.

I broke the rules..so sue me.=P

Don't be so lackadasical in your response..this is most upsetting to me..that you would laugh in the face of what you have been told!!!..I take back my welcome!...you dont' deserve it!

Kate

2Vtnbacc
Sep 17, 2006, 6:45 AM
gosh wat do u want from me ppl?? it's called self-expressing myself..stop takin it all so personally.sheesh im jsut a lil kid. stop pickin on me.

Mrs.F
Sep 17, 2006, 8:38 AM
gosh wat do u want from me ppl?? it's called self-expressing myself..stop takin it all so personally.sheesh im jsut a lil kid. stop pickin on me.

First off..your not a little kid..your atleast 18. Old enough to know right from wrong and old enough to know that certain words can and will hurt. So, I do not take that as a reason, it's just an excuse your using! You apologized for what you said and then after you were given the benefit of the doubt you again turned into a smartass. Think about the words you write and say before you hit the submit button. We don't ask for alot on this site but maturity and understanding for the others on here IS!!

This site is a family and most of us on here have been here awhile and have made really good friends...young and old! This is our world away from the REAL world and we will protect and stand beside each other.

Flounder1967
Sep 17, 2006, 9:23 AM
Dear 2Vntbacc,

I do have to congradulate you in not offeneding people just once or twice in you welcoming thread, but 3 times. I do beilive that is a record. From your writings i will have to say you are below the age of 18. I guessing about 17 your are probibly a spoiled little rich girl. I think someone from the site will be visiting you to confrem your age. How do i know this I'm going to request it.

Now you hace two opertunites to really apoligize for your comments. Which you half hardily did then go on to add more comments to add insult to injury. Becuase of your opeing comments "one thing i would like to suggest for everyone is please keep nude photos to yourself... :
i almost lost my lunch looking at old folks' nudity..srry..it jsut aint my cup of tea..if u ask me.. " I going to add this pic.

one to prove that i'm not thin and great looking and other a nudy pic so you can los your lunch. Happy tasting your lunch twice.

:flag2:

zizzy
Sep 17, 2006, 7:48 PM
Hey! What's up! I'm new too! You're right about the old geezers with nude pics, although I do enjoy some of them! lol

2Vtnbacc
Sep 18, 2006, 1:42 AM
nottin really. welcome welcome..yeh some of the pix do look nice but not all.

canuckotter
Sep 18, 2006, 7:51 AM
So... Did you join the forum just looking for a fight? If not, maybe you should stop and think for a minute. You joined the forum, upset a lot of long-standing members, then pissed them off more with stupid comments when you "apologised", then got even more defensive when that was pointed out.

Doesn't look much like you actually want to be a part of the forum. Looks to me like you're just out for a fight. In fact, if this were my forum, I'd be giving you a one-week ban right now. Drew seems more relaxed about these things, but then again, arguments on this site are so ridiculously rare that he doesn't need to do a lot. Which by the way should point something out to you: arguments are very rare, yet you've already spawned one. The problem probably isn't with everyone else...

csrakate
Sep 19, 2006, 4:21 AM
I can tolerate a lot of things....I just raised two boys...18 and 22.... and they both overwhelmed me at times with their senses of humor and their tenacity...but NEVER....EVER..have I experienced the intentional rudeness like I have from this poster. I hope you take your jacks and find another playground to play on my dear....you certainly have NOT made yourself very welcome.

And if you're "just a lil kid"...you have no business being on this site! And like Mrs. F said..this is a family...don't mess with it...and Zizzy...you are treading on thin ice as well..so be careful of who you align yourself with. Some of us may be "old geezers"..but we have feelings and hearts of gold as well.

DannyJ
Sep 20, 2006, 2:30 AM
Hello, again, li'l girl,
You know, if you're old enough to be on this site, then you're not a little girl, and using that as an excuse is just weak and doesn't work...if you're not old enough to be on this site, then get the hell out of it and stop making excuses for yourself. Remember, excuses are like ass-holes: everybody has one! In either case, it seems you're the one who needs to take a chill pill, and while you're at it, get a check-up from the neck up...decide what you want, commit to the decision and--one way or the other--cut out the shit (or, as you might say, "sheeeeeeesh")...byeeeeeeeee.