PDA

View Full Version : Forum Scripts

void()
Aug 29, 2018, 2:36 AM
No, I'm not discussing creating web site or forum scripts using a
programming language, or automated machine learning. I do know Lisp,
which was used to code up Autocad and probably would be best suited if
I was talking about web site programming.

Some might suggest Python, or Perl, maybe Javascript. Lisp to me makes
sense in that with it you got LISt Processing access, you can easily create
keyed hash arrays using it and have pointers to them easy as well, but
SQL could also work. A database is a database, is a database. That, is
not what I'm writing about herein, although in a way it might be.

What I'm writing about is the reoccurring themes which rotate and seem to
cycle through forums. It seems that these kind of scripts happen with
great regularity on this site. So much so it seems possible a person
could set their watch by them at times. They involve posts that seem to
continually kick dead horses, or keep belaboring questions already asked
and answered so many times before, so many ways.

Understand it's fine to help catch someone new up once in a while. Sure,
fine I can grasp there's new people. Can you grasp that the site has its
own search engine? Gee, didn't know it was there, huh? It is obviously
in the top left hand portion of the desktop version of the site. If you
cannot use the site's search engine you can use Google, Startpage,
DuckDuckGo, any search engine will do. Use this site's url as input to get
results from this site.

Learning to search the internet and search a site is fairly straight
forward and basic computing literacy. I don't apologize for not having
done your homework for you. Why do I need to compile a listing of
script asked questions and answers? Truth is I don't, nor does anyone
else here. Why does the script have to run on the site? Does it offer
anything entertaining? After seeing it a few dozen times, no, it does
not.

I said I wasn't discussing programming. I'm not but some have speculated
there are scammers here on the site using programming to create these
scripts. Here's your sign if you are, it needs to stop. If the site
dies, it dies. That happens naturally, organically, yes ... even in
social circles. People live their lives, have friends, drift away from
friends.

As an example, I had a lifelong friend until oh five or seven
years ago. We've drifted apart now. He's living his life and I live
mine. We are not angry at one another, we're just off living our own
individual lives. Is he still a friend? Yes. I know he would make bodies
vanish for me, even without my asking. I'd do the same for him. But, at
present we're apart and it's okay. Life continues.

So, if you're new please understand any reluctance to engage. Thanks.

Posting Rules:
Every great community has rules. Here are ours:

1 - Don't post your personal ad here. They just clutter up the forums. By far the best thing to do if you are looking to meet people is create a quality personal ad under your Control Panel. These ads then show up highlighted to people in your area.
2 - Be polite. Flame the idea if you feel you must, but not the person.
3 - Sexual freedom is what it's all about, but even it should have limits - discussions of non-consensual sex, violence and sex, or sex involving children are not welcome here, will be promptly deleted, and the poster may be banned.
4 - Have fun. Learn. Share. Entertain. Discuss. Argue. Enlighten.

Right, cleared all the hurdles.

Be polite. Flame the idea if you feel you must, but not the person.

Not sure a person runs automatically programmed scripts on a web site. Yes, a person probably created those programs. I'm still not flaming the person but the idea of the programs. There's no genuine need of such programmed scripts on any web site or forum. If folks don't comprehend the basic idea of using search algorithms, maybe those folks ought not be browsing the web. It seems a basic enough Turing test for a mature person to use search engines. Sorry, been under a rock for the last thirty years?

SilkyHoseLover
Aug 29, 2018, 7:03 AM
Glad I don't stay up late worrying about this stuff... :rolleyes:

cornholejoe
Aug 30, 2018, 6:13 PM
really this site has went to hell

whartondanielle5
Feb 5, 2021, 3:45 AM
It seems to me that to create a site you need to know the markup language and some scripting language, for example javascript. By the way, many people think that javascript is a simple language. But that's not the case for me. I can't even do my javascript homework for the university. So i usually buy homework from the site. By the way. For students who have the same problems as me with programming, i have a recommendation. Thus, if you have some problems with homework, the bookworm hub (https://bookwormhub.com/javascript-homework.html) professionals will help you with the javascript and other tasks.

fredward
Feb 5, 2021, 8:48 AM
Bumper sticker: My other CAR is a CDR.

(Lisp joke)

csreef
Feb 5, 2021, 4:19 PM
Void (), your post is competently over my pay-grade.

void()
Feb 6, 2021, 8:55 AM
Void (), your post is competently over my pay-grade.

What I was talking about is the seeming way such topics keep coming around. For example the "how many cocks have you sucked thread", it keeps coming around in one form or another every few months.

Does it ultimately matter how many? Do you need to have sucked X number to be bisexual? I respond to no both questions. Many others share my view.

And if it's argued that there is some arbitrary limit, ask yourself who says. Hopefully my point is seen.

There's other threads what follow suit with that one. People dredging up threads from back in 2014 or so. It seems it all just keeps rehashing but is all the same, same old crap.

My suspicion is that rotating through various topics, even old crap, is done to generate relevancy. Search engine algorithms don't care if a topic has been inactive ten years, suddenly sees one or two "new" posts. It doesn't matter to the engine that the topic is "beating a dead horse". "Oh look, new content," is all that matters. Truth be told it's actually not "new" content.

But site creators need visits. Engines bring that. Ah, why not "game" the engines? Sock puppet accounts can easily vanish if you're running a site. "Oh, a new user posted to a thread ten years dead! Come visit!"

Meanwhile the site really isn't offering anything new, profound, engaging.

Flypaper
Feb 6, 2021, 10:13 AM
Sorry to bore or lose you. It’s a friendly site for bisexuals - mostly guys, it seems - and often newbies want to engage using new threads that are si Olaf to old ones.

It doesn’t bother me at all to hear guys say how many cocks they want to or have sucked, even if others have said many more tiles before.

What I was talking about is the seeming way such topics keep coming around. For example the "how many cocks have you sucked thread", it keeps coming around in one form or another every few months.

Does it ultimately matter how many? Do you need to have sucked X number to be bisexual? I respond to no both questions. Many others share my view.

And if it's argued that there is some arbitrary limit, ask yourself who says. Hopefully my point is seen.

There's other threads what follow suit with that one. People dredging up threads from back in 2014 or so. It seems it all just keeps rehashing but is all the same, same old crap.

My suspicion is that rotating through various topics, even old crap, is done to generate relevancy. Search engine algorithms don't care if a topic has been inactive ten years, suddenly sees one or two "new" posts. It doesn't matter to the engine that the topic is "beating a dead horse". "Oh look, new content," is all that matters. Truth be told it's actually not "new" content.

But site creators need visits. Engines bring that. Ah, why not "game" the engines? Sock puppet accounts can easily vanish if you're running a site. "Oh, a new user posted to a thread ten years dead! Come visit!"

Meanwhile the site really isn't offering anything new, profound, engaging.