PDA

View Full Version : The Magical World of Make Believe

wellred
Jul 9, 2005, 9:39 PM
Recognizing that by writing this thread, I may forever be known as the fellow with the foul smelling substance on his shoe. I put forward this article to learn the opinions of others who visit this site.

The following was printed in Dr. Daniel Amen’s advice column (Men’s Health, July-August 2005):

Am I Normal

I imagine my wife sleeping with another man. Nothing unusual, right?

No. You’re not normal, and, in fact, you’re kind of kinky. Try to stop your mind from going there. What the mind sees, it makes happen. Thirty percent of the brain is dedicated to vision. If you spend too much time in this type of fantasy, you may give off unconscious signals that will ultimately make the fantasy a reality. This applies to visualization in general – thoughts can affect our actions in powerful ways. Imagine her with you, in your arms, and she’ll be more likely to stay there.

Dr. Amen’s proclamation that the reader is not normal challenges many of the expressed fantasies and personal lifestyles of this site. However, the part that I hope you will focus on when responding is the part about fantasy becoming reality. Is this another way of addressing the adage “Be careful what you wish for; you may get it?”

Many of us seem to long for a dimension in our life that is missing. Fantasy seems to be a way that some of us on this site escape into an imaginary world that seems safe and inviting to the exploration of, perhaps, otherwise unfulfilled desires. I present this article to invite you to share how fantasy fulfills or inhibits your every day experiences.

- Red

olly29
Jul 10, 2005, 2:41 AM
if only my fantasys came reality id be a happy man..............

sophisticated
Jul 10, 2005, 3:12 AM
Well ure right well red.......and thats the beauty of it. With our imagination.....we can create anything. Where would we be if not sombody sometimes thought...i wonder if its possible to fly. So in human relations....noone would even get the idea of having sex unless it started with the imagination of it. Our brains are a remarkeble tool......use it to imagine......and get what u wish for. The part carefull what u wish for u might get it.......turn it around: Careful what u dont wish for.....u might never get it.....

hypershot
Jul 10, 2005, 7:07 AM
Imagination is a great thing...It opens your mind and helps you to develop what you want in this life. Unfortunately thats where it stays most of the time. I find it is healthy to imagine such things all the time, by imagining it, you dont supress it and therefore doesnt become a threat! Hope I've made some sense,

Love Chris

xXx

codybear3
Jul 10, 2005, 9:39 PM
If my imagination became reality I would be busy traveling through the universe in a sub-light speed ship. I would tie on a cape and fly from one continent to the other. I would make it so that my sexual prowess was unmatched and my stamina un-ending....and if seeing my wife having sex with another man makes me un-natural and kinky, does it make me kinkier to do him when shes done with him? I sure hope so.... :bigrin:

rupertbare
Jul 11, 2005, 4:54 AM
Not sure it's true Red - haven't won the Lottery yet!

Rupe XX

sailorashore
Jul 11, 2005, 12:48 PM
Haven't turned any of my bisexual fantasies into a reality in a long, long while. Having this site as a safe and convenient place to share them with others, however, lets me acknowledge them and get comfortable with expressing them, something I have never been before. Whether I will follow that path to an actual encounter remains to be seen, but at least it is no longer beyond the realm of possibility.

sailorashore

arana
Jul 11, 2005, 2:16 PM
If my imagination could become reality, I, like so many others, would be so much happier. Our imagination gives us the best of all things in our lives. The perfect situations, the perfect "US" and the perfect partners. Coming to chat is a way of creating a more interactive fantasy life. That is where the danger of "becareful what you wish for" steps in... you have now taken your fantasy to another level. Once you step out of the fantasy box, your risks are higher and if you are not wise in your choices it could consume you. It's very easy to get caught up in this chat world and the heart and mind do not always collaborate well.

If you can keep your needs in perspective I think you can have the best of both reality and fantasy. You can fulfill something that might be missing in your life and possibly enrich it further with the knowledge you have acquired.

LoveYourCum
Jul 11, 2005, 5:27 PM
Imagination is more crucial to sex than just fantasies, it is an integral part of the arousal process. We are actually turned on by our idea of sex not ther touch itself.

For example any guy could get it up with someone who is special to him fondeling him. Now replace the exact same physical fondeling only now it's being done by your great great grandmother. Hopefully not the same reaction, unless Talouse had painted her at her place of employment way back...

Fantasy is the marrow of sex and even more so in good sex. We literally make love to the images in our minds so sharing these images with each other and helping each other develop them further can be one of the most rewarding experiences in a sexual relationship.

I would also be happy to share any fantasies and I think it's a ball developing them and taking them further with someone even if we have never met. (Insert obvious plug here)

chillddreamer
Jul 12, 2005, 10:41 AM
I understand what is being said here. I think it need to be pointed out that (becareful what yo9u wish for you may get it) But I can't help but think what you wish you may never get it. I know that the one thing I want more than else is not going to happen I have to chalk it upto that it is not meant to be. Make believe is great just don't spend too much time there. It can be very unhealthy. Sorry if this isn't what youwere looking for. Justr my thoughts. :cool:

olly29
Jul 12, 2005, 6:36 PM
not being rude but thats b****cks!!

sorry, i aint escaping anything, just like man on man action

BiShadoman
Jul 14, 2005, 2:02 PM
Fantasy can sustain us or it can drain us. Fantasy is a part of what we are without it we would really be boring creatures. It is what drives our inventiveness and sometimes helps us to maintain our sanity. The only problem I see is when we have trouble seperating fantasy and reality, the real from the unreal. We must have a balance of the two or we will really have some problems.
Just wishing for something is not going to make it happen, some sort of action on our part is required, the question now becomes are we going to do what is required to make said fantasy become reality. Just my 2cents.
Out of the Shados

Fresia
Apr 7, 2015, 8:01 PM
Bump it up!

tenni
Apr 8, 2015, 12:22 AM
bump it up