PDA

View Full Version : No More Rainbows

bi-news
Apr 5, 2017, 3:45 AM
The creator of the rainbow flag has died, aged 65. What an amazing impact it had right around the world...

(news story here (http://bicommunitynews.co.uk/5732/thank-you-for-the-rainbows/))

pole_smoker
Apr 5, 2017, 11:39 AM
The LGBTXYZ rainbow flag is corny, and pointless but so is the silly bisexual flag.

cornholejoe
Apr 5, 2017, 6:40 PM
The LGBTXYZ rainbow flag is corny, and pointless but so is the silly bisexual flag.

so whats your point

csreef
Apr 5, 2017, 8:34 PM
Thank you Bi-News for posting another interesting article that does have impact on all of us. :color: :grouphug: :rainbow:

OlderBC1
Apr 9, 2017, 9:46 PM
The only rainbow I ever liked was in the sky, and sung about by Judy Garland in 1939...still gets me every time. And the one in your pants...

12voltyV2.0
Apr 10, 2017, 11:11 AM
As usual, Pole Smoker has to put his minus ten cent opinion about something and think it is some sort of "gospel" and "God's Own Truth." Well just like the old saying: "Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one" and it is fine that the view of the flags he expressed are what he thinks. but nonetheless his opinion points out his ignorance about the power and importance something like a flag can hold for many people.

Certainly we know the symbolic power that people place on the American flag in a mostly good sense, then there are the not so positive but still equally powerful symbols that flags like the Swastika flag of Nazi Germany and the version of the Confederate flag that so many revere, both as supposedly showing their pride for their "southern history" and also that it is a powerful symbol of racism and white supremacy.

When it comes to the Rainbow and Bisexual flags that Pole Smoker doesn't see any value in, there are many people who do hold that those flags have some powerful meanings and for them are a rallying point, a source of hope and inspiration. etc. so I say that in that--for those who do like those flags----that they do feel this is something that cannot be discounted or minimized.