PDA

View Full Version : Sexy Songs!

cand86
Sep 3, 2006, 9:01 PM
I don't think there is a thread out here like this, but if there is, forgive me. I'm an intensely musical person (meaning that I adore it, not that I'm necessarily any good at it!), and lately, I've been searching intensely for something to satisfy my 'queer tooth'.

Be they musicals or CD's, I want them! Queer artists are great (I've even seen a bisexual compilation CD- can anyone tell me how it is?), but I'm looking for queer content, that sing-along stuff that would make you blush if anyone listened to the lyrics. I've got a little, but it ain't much; and I'm sure some people here know of more than I do. What I've heard about so far:

1) The Wet Spots- I can't think of anyone who does it better than this [apparently] pansexual Canadian couple. I don't want to turn myself into an annoying salesperson, but if you haven't heard of them, give them a listen! The song 'George' about a bicurious man ought be enough to perk up the ears of any bisexual, and that's just the beginning.

2) The First Nudie Musical- haven't seen it, but heard a song or two from it, and, from descriptions, believe it's exactly what I'm looking for.

3) The Sissy Show- a Broadway-like musical about transgendered 'sissies'. I just discovered it today. 30 songs on the same topic might be a little much, but hey.

4) Hedwig and the Angry Inch- okay, so a lot of the songs aren't obviously queer from the get-go. But when I listen to it, every memory of the movie comes flooding back. And it's just too dang good!

Okay, my brain's going empty, so apparently that's all there are, in my little world. Can anyone offer some great, raunchy songs- queer or not- for me, or just celebrate the queer songs they like?

bigregory
Sep 3, 2006, 10:08 PM
http://bothways.com/
Tom Robinson has some good Bi/Gay stuff... opps lesbian too.
The link is here in the bi-web area.
His song Glad to be gay and Right on sister are bi/gay awsome songs..

bearisbare
Sep 3, 2006, 10:26 PM
The Wet Spots -- very much bi and poly. It's not easy to find their new album "Hello Kinky" but it's definitely worth it. Even more so if you get to buy it at a live show where there has been line-spanking. They performed at the recent international bisexual conference in Toronto.

I'm working on a compliation CD of songs to play at a bisexual social event later this month and can recommend some songs and artists that might make the cut:
Joan Jett - "AC DC"
Sophie B. Hawkins - "Your Tongue Like The Sun In My Mouth"
Rachael Yamagata
Ani Difranco - especially "In And Out", the live version from "Living In Clip"
Peaches
Das Pop - "Bye Bisexual Boy"

...to name a few.

I think the bi compilation you're referring to is "Bi The People". It's alright, with a decent mix of styles and singers. My favourite on that album is probably Tom Robinson's "Boygirl".