PDA

View Full Version : UK/Ireland: Historic offences forgiven

bi-news
Feb 5, 2017, 5:46 PM
Thousands of posthumous pardons (http://bicommunitynews.co.uk/5521/historic-offences-go/) are being issued for men prosecuted in years gone by under homophobic laws in the UK.

And Ireland might be about to follow suit (http://bicommunitynews.co.uk/5528/old-offences-ireland-follow/)

pole_smoker
Feb 5, 2017, 6:07 PM
It's way too late for this, and it's a completely pointless gesture now in 2017.

bw299
Feb 6, 2017, 12:34 AM
It's way too late for this, and it's a completely pointless gesture now in 2017.

pole-smoker I've been reading your judgmental, grossly opinionated, narrow-minded posts all over this site. You need to get the hell off of this site. Don't go away mad, just go away.

csreef
Feb 6, 2017, 5:37 PM
The act of forgiving these men posthumously, may be symbolic, but it is showing that the world is becoming a more open and accepting place...Also it is teaching forgiveness, and tolerance, to a younger , more open generation.

CurEUs_Male
Feb 6, 2017, 7:09 PM
lets hope it teaches some key 'elected' officials here in the states a thing or two...

jem_is_bi
Feb 6, 2017, 9:38 PM

I agree. Way to late to benefit anyone except those who now feel guilty for what they did to others.

12voltyV2.0
Feb 7, 2017, 3:32 AM
Not till we get rid of Trump, Pence and that gang of thugs-----we are gonna be lucky if we get out of this time without a major meltdown of the US and world's economy and he doesn't burn the world in a flash of nuclear bombs

darkeyes
Feb 7, 2017, 6:16 AM
The act of forgiving these men posthumously, may be symbolic, but it is showing that the world is becoming a more open and accepting place...Also it is teaching forgiveness, and tolerance, to a younger , more open generation.

There remain 15000 or so living lgbt people still regarded as criminals who could just as easily been free pardoned but no... they must apply individually. I assume by coughing up (administrative) cash for the privilege. I don't like the principle of free pardons in such cases.. if a person is not guilty and considered to be after an initial conviction should he or she not simply be considered innocent of offence?