PDA

View Full Version : It’s SO HARD for bisexuals to find love

rouye
Dec 22, 2016, 10:15 PM
Though the LGBT community has won some important victories recently all over the globe (the most important being the Supreme Court ruling in Obergefell v. Hodges case, where same-sex marriage is recognized as a fundamental legal right under the 14th Amendment), those wins can create a false sense to the outside observer that the LGBT community finally has everything sorted out for them.

Yet, many members of the LGBT community will quickly tell you that they still find themselves surrounded by a plethora of prejudices, technical problems, blatant violence and downright ignorance about their ways.

The "B" in LGBT is definitely facing those problems.
No one, not even the members of the LGBT community, seem able to properly define and completely accept those who "prefer not to prefer." This can leave some bisexuals completely confused and makes it difficult for them to deal with all the hardships of life. In fact, bisexual women are more susceptible to mental illnesses than their straight or lesbian counterparts.

What does this leave you with to date? A pool of bisexual people (after all, you will both understand each other), or people who have no problems with you being bi. Going out to pubs and cafes to meet new potential partners is difficult because you don't know whether people you meet have the same preferences as you. A lot of bis prefer looking at bisexual dating sites (such as bi cupid (http://www.top10bisexualdatingsites.com/bi-cupid.html), bi people meet (http://www.top10bisexualdatingsites.com/bi-cupid.html)), because, if nothing else, they're on their own playing field, and do not have to worry about whether that guy/girl is actually bi.

csreef
Dec 22, 2016, 11:44 PM
Yes I've been a victim of Bi-Phobia..it is amazing how, when I use to go toan LGBT center, when I would tell people that I was Bi, they would sneer at me, then tell me I was deluding my self and that I was really gay but haven't realized it yet. This is also common when I've met gay men and told them that I was Bi.

I would tell them that I LOVE BEING BISEXUAL, and that I'm going to live my life the way I want to.

I have to say that I have had 2 girlfriends who were accepting of me being Bi.

Coastocoast
Dec 22, 2016, 11:49 PM
It always amazes me that the LGBT community is in many respects fragmented at best. The bisexual component is for the most part shunned by the gay/lesbian community as well as the straight population. At work anyone other than straight is passed over for promotion and there is always another reason but the pattern is apparent. It is a shame but reality is what it is. Finding someone who was accepting would be nice but the likelihood is remote. Good luck you will need it.

bikurinpa
Dec 23, 2016, 5:58 AM
Because most all on these sites don't have no real interest in meeting anyone. They have age and looks hang ups and only want to play games

spemat
Jan 1, 2017, 2:57 AM
I was outed as bisexual when I was 8 so I grew up being not one of them and later again with gay folks. I don't really care for that rotten attitude and how the bully bi women who ignored them when they said, "HE'S REALLY GAY AND COMING OUT!!" and refused to be friends because she was no ally of theirs. I find them all over. I am also very lucky lookswise so I understand we all have different factors.