PDA

View Full Version : What is my identity?

CreativeArtist
Nov 7, 2016, 1:29 AM
I identify as bisexual, because I am attracted to men & women (gay or straight men & women). But I also identify as asexual because though born female, I don't totally identify with a female gender. Is Bisexual/Asexual an identity? Or is there something that better describes me?

zigzig
Nov 7, 2016, 8:04 AM
I think you might be pansexual, but as I heard there are asexuals, who can also be bisexual.

tenni
Nov 7, 2016, 8:20 AM
Sexuality and gender identity are different and separate matters.

Asexuality is the lack of sexual attraction to anyone, or low or absent interest in or desire for sexual activity. It may be considered the lack of a sexual orientation, or one of the variations thereof, alongside heterosexuality, homosexuality and bisexuality.

Queer is an umbrella term that individuals may use to describe asexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression that does not conform to dominant societal norms.

When you write that you are attracted to both male and female, do you mean sexually or emotionally attracted to both male and female? It is possible to be bisexual and only emotionally attracted to both cisgender people and have no sexual attraction to people...therefore asexual...imo.

cuttin2dachase
Nov 7, 2016, 6:35 PM
IMO the key word in bisexuality is S-E-X. But you speak only of attraction to men and women. There's a big difference between finding a person attractive in an aesthetic way and in finding yourself attracted TO a person in an emotional or sexual way. I'm not trying to be personal, but have you had sex with men and women? If you have had sex with both genders, was it pleasurable with both? Or have you just had sex with one gender, but want to have sex with the other gender? Or have you had sex with neither gender but would like to try it with either or both genders? If you answer "yes" to any of those questions, you are bisexual. You are only asexual if you have no sexual desire for anyone at all.

pole_smoker
Nov 7, 2016, 8:56 PM
If you are actually sexually attracted to men and women including Trans women and Trans men, then you are bisexual. You do not have to have had sex with both gender/sexes in order to be bisexual.

If you are only sexually attracted to the same sex/gender then you are lesbian, if you are only sexually attracted to the opposite sex/gender then you are heterosexual.

Honestly, only you know the answer to this if you really are asexual, bisexual, lesbian, or heterosexual.

If you have no sexual attraction to anyone then you're asexual, if you have only romantic attraction to people but no sexual attraction then you're asexual.

A person can't be both asexual and bisexual, or asexual and any other sexual orientation as people who are asexual are not sexually attracted to anyone.

Pansexual is just another term for being bisexual that people who are not comfortable with being out as bisexual use to describe themselves, and they do this to avoid actuallyl using the term bisexual. There are people who actually are pansexual but they have sex and sexual attraction to dogs and farm animals, etc. and are into illegal and sick sex acts.

Queer is a stupid and silly term, and slur as you can bring 10 people who identify as queer into a room and get 100 different meanings as to what the term means. There are also people who are completely heterosexual who are not LGBT at all who identify as queer.

Terms like "Cis" and "Cisgender" are slurs used by Trans people towards people who are not trans.

BigAlNYC
Nov 8, 2016, 3:02 PM
You are CreativeArtist, and I'm not sure that any other label is really necessary. We get crazy hung up on labeling ourselves and one another, when, in reality, each person's sexuality and relationship to their physical gender is slightly different. This results in what is actually a wide array of sexual "types", and one's type can even be quite fluid over the course of a life. So don't pigeonhole yourself just to have a hole.