PDA

View Full Version : BlueIris

qchamp
Sep 1, 2006, 5:12 AM
I just read this in my mail box. Please, say a prayer to whatever higher power you belive in. First allow my to introduce myself to most of you. My name is Crystal Blalock and I am Robert (aka Blue Iris) Blalocks wife.

As most of you already know, Robert is in Africa working on a last minute photo-shoot for a well known Christian bases magazine which was to last only a few days.

I was contacted by this magazine at 3am our time and informed that Robert had been shot. First and foremost: He is alive, that much I do know, but as for his condition, I am receiving mixed messages.

The reason I am taking the time to notify all of you of this is because I know that he thinks of all of you as much a family as he does to us, here at home, and that I would like for you to please pass on the news to the other members of your chat group - and for all of your prayers - which he now needs deeply.

Here is all that I know at this time, as communication is very sketchy and information is both contradictory and confusing. Robert and his group were in a village when they were attacked sometime late into their first day. I don't know where, but do know that it was somewhere between Abuja and Keffi, their target location. I also know that they ran into trouble with the original vehicle and driver, but what kind of trouble I don't understand yet.
Robert was checking out a newly burned out, small village when they apparently came under attack. How they got out and who got out with him I also do not know yet. I have not spoken with him because he is sedated and, as of this writing, in a Nigerian hospital awaiting transfer out of the country, which is to be provided by the publishing company and is to be done sometime today or tomorrow.
Again, that is all that I know. I do not know where he has been shot or how badly - he was asked not to bring his body armour and honored this request. We are hoping to have him home within 72 hours and have his doctors and a couple of local hospitals on standby - one in Portland and one here in Seattle - depending on how he is flown in. JOHN: I will contact you if he is brought to Portland, okay? ANDI: I will contact you if he is brought here. TIM: Please spread the word and ask for prayers and MAGGIE: Please try to remain strong - he will be alright, and we are doing enough crying here for all of us.

With that all said and done, I have sent the children to Arizona to be with his parents while we wait for more information and I will be staying with my mother for support. I will keep all of you up to date, if you wish, and let you know what I do as I learn it.

Thank you all for being a friend to him - with all of this stupid traveling, its hard to have friends like you.

Thank you,
Crystal Blalock

hillwalker54
Sep 1, 2006, 8:51 AM
Please froward if able...

Crystal,

I am so sorry to hear this terrible news. I was chatting with him not long before he left. While we had only chatted on occasion he always felt like an old friend, and just a nice guy!

My hopes and thoughts are with Robert, Yourself, and the children! My wish is that he will very soon be home and safe in the arms of those that he loves and love him.

Warmest Regards,

HW

ladydelanie
Sep 1, 2006, 9:11 AM
Our deepest prayers are with you and your family at this time.

May your husband be safe in the hands of God,that He will comfort, heal and watch over Robert. May you all find peace in knowing that Robert will soon be within your reach so you can shower him with caring and love.

Please keep us informed,

Many thoughts and prayers to you and yours.

Ladyd and BB

Mrs.F
Sep 1, 2006, 4:59 PM
Oh, what terrible news! :( My thoughts and prayers are with you and the kids and with Robert at this time. I do not know him but that should never make a difference. I pray for his safe return to the U.S. and for his recovery. :angel: :grouphug: :angel:

smurf111978
Sep 1, 2006, 5:36 PM
OMG what terrible news.... I'm quite upset to hear what has happend to such a wonderful, sweet, caring guy. My thoughts, best wishes, and prayers are with you, blue and your family. I hope blue is brought back to the US in super fast time and that his injurys are not to severe and he is able to make a very quick recovery.

With much love and many hugs to you all
Smurf
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Mrs. Taz
Sep 1, 2006, 5:45 PM
taz67156 and myself are praying for you and your family and for Robbert.I hadnt been able to talk to him much before he left but I know he is a well Loved man by several on this site, and a very good person.again, our thoughts and prayers are with everyone. please let us know anything you find out.

neveen
Sep 1, 2006, 6:28 PM
i am saying a BIG prayer that he is brought home very soon to his family, my heart goes out to him and everyone who's lives are being affected during these very difficult times.

Lisa (va)
Sep 1, 2006, 6:37 PM
May God watch over both of you during this terrible time.

deletetacount123
Sep 1, 2006, 7:24 PM
:( I spoke to him a few times and hes a very fun person to chat with!! :)
Very nice guy and always seems happy. I hope he will be ok and able to be brought home soon. :( My thoughts are with you all

Tasha

LouiseBrookslover
Sep 1, 2006, 7:26 PM
How horrid. Even though I've never met him, he's certainly in my thoughts.

Doggie_Wood
Sep 1, 2006, 9:48 PM
Crystal - my prayer are with you and your family in this time of need - I've never met Robert, but like most in the chat room, we have an unspoken love for each other and cetainly for Robert. God-speed in his return and recovery. If there is anything that I personally can do, besides prayer, shoot me an email through the site.

XOXOXO
JD aka Dogwood

12voltman59
Sep 2, 2006, 1:31 AM
I too offer my best wishes that his injuries were not too severe and that he will make a full and speedy recovery---

As someone who has worked as a journalist myself--I am well aware of the dangers that can come with trying to get a story---

I read this one article recently that said that there have been more journalists killed in the past several years while covering the major stories of the day in places like the Balkan states, Asia, the mideast and many other hot spots---

Those who wish to do evil do not like the light thrown on their activities that journalism can provide...

May God be merciful and he be well---

Take care...

MPG (volty)

Woahman
Sep 2, 2006, 4:51 AM
HOLY GOD!!!!! i talk to Rob all the time!!!!!!! OMG OMG i dont come on chat for a few days and this happens.. i was talking to him just before he left! Q is it possible AT ALL! for me to get her email address.. please.... you know how much i talked to him.. Oh god.. his wife.. such a lovely lady!! AGH! he always looked out for me. :eek: :eek: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: this world has gone to the damn dogs! its about time we were able to take it back! i am SO sorry that this happened to him.. and i cant wait to talk to him again and make sure he is ok.. and i will keep him in my thoughts.. oh.. my.. goodness...