PDA

View Full Version : PRAYERS FOR LONDON

rupertbare
Jul 7, 2005, 5:50 AM
I write this in a state of shock. London has come under a co-ordinated multiple bomb attack by terrorists. There are very many injured - the underground train network has been hit and at least three buses have been blown apart. As this is "breaking" news these details will change. It happened during our "rush hour" period - the maximum number of people travelling into the financial centre of London. Also children on their way to school.

I just ask all of you who pray to please do so - as you will all know by now we "won" the chance to host the 2012 Olympic Games - and oddly an attack such as this has been a worry for many of us here in the City. And, of course, we are hosting the G8 summit.

The school where my youngest child attends is actually on a visit in the affected area and the mobile (sorry - cell) 'phone network is not functioning so that we can find out if they are safe.

Thanks for reading and if you do, praying. Racial/religious tensions are fairly high at the moment already. So maybe that's another "thought" for you.

With love to you all

Rupe, Central London.

MissT10
Jul 7, 2005, 9:34 AM
We are praying for you all today. Let us know when you find out if the kids are safe. I pray they are. One love. :(

rupertbare
Jul 7, 2005, 10:01 AM
Thank you MissT - well we heard at last from the kids - all safe but had to cancel the trip and return - kids all shaken by the experience (of course). The picture is still very confused - number of explosions and figures for dead/injured jumping up and down.

Can I also thank, by name, Arana, Jazzer,CMM, paulconrad, Archer and a couple of others for letting me ramble on a bit in the chat room today - I was in a state of shock - unable, due to phone's being down, to contact family members and friends to check on their safety - have now heard from all - except for one member of this site - and all are safe.

Thank-you people

Rupe.

mike9753
Jul 7, 2005, 10:11 AM
I have tremendous compassion for all those involved and for all those families who have not heard from their loved ones. What a world we live in - there is so much good all around us, but then there is also so much evil and stupidity. My prayers are with rupertbarem, his family and friends and everyone touched directly an dindirectly by this horror.

Mike

wellred
Jul 7, 2005, 1:06 PM
Dear Rupterbare and fellow Londoners,

So good of you to contact us and provide this information about you, your family and the others of your fine city. I have been traveling today, and unable to catch but bits of the news.

Yes, I will pray...pray for the injured, for the devastated, for the mourning and, as well as, for those who have lost their way on a path that leads them to participate in such horrible deeds against their fellow human beings. We await, with hope, to hear the fate of other Londoners and visitors to the city.

With heavy heart, I send love your way.

- Red

julie
Jul 7, 2005, 1:23 PM
My love and prayers go out to you Rupert, and to all of those affected, both directly and indirectly, by this appalling tragedy. I cannot imagine what you have gone through today and even by your last post Rupert, you still had a friend unaccounted for. I hope that is no longer the case for you.

Like anyone else on here , I imagine, I am always ready to listen if you want/need to talk this through further. We havent spoken yet Ru Bear but I feel I know you a little through following your comments on the forums.

Take care Hon, I thank God especially that your daughter and her little classmates are safe.

love Julie xx

BiShadoman
Jul 7, 2005, 3:32 PM
Rpertbare, Thank God that the children are all safe, You and yours will definitely be in our prayers as will the whole of Great Britain. No matter what our personal views we are all members of the Human Race and atrocities such as this hopefully bring most of us together in prayer if nothing else. Radicals in all forms make us realize how precious our children are and life itself is. Prayers and The Lords Love to you and yours.
Out of the Shados

gayle
Jul 7, 2005, 6:47 PM
Hey Rupe,
I think it can best be said that "We are all British today." We are with you, just as your country stood with us in the aftermath of 9/11. Our prayers, good wishes and love know no boundaries.
:grouphug:

Kitsy
Jul 7, 2005, 7:47 PM
My dad might have been involved, but fortuantely had the day off .... kinda weird....wonder if he knew....ooh well ^_^;;

laidback
Jul 7, 2005, 9:25 PM
Dear Rupert,
My prayers indeed go out to you , your family, your friends and all people in your country. You have my support in any way thay you need. We have to satnd against these insane, heinous acts of cowardice by people who profess a belief in a God. But not a God that we know. A God that sanctions attacks on children and other innocents does not exist. These are not religious people but fanatics in a cause they can't win with ideas. My heart goes to the people of London. God bless.

Laidback

codybear3
Jul 7, 2005, 11:09 PM
My thoughts and prayers for the victims of this cowardly act.

rupertbare
Jul 8, 2005, 4:37 AM
Friday 8th July.
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Thank you all for your love and kind words.

I'd just like to share a few thoughts with you:
*Firstly: we have been "lucky" - the death toll is nowhere near the scale of 9/11 or Madrid.
*Secondly: although the terrorists consider that they are "Musilms" and "doing God's work" I do not for one second believe either. They are following a perversion of Islam and have been brutalised at some point in their lives to get to that point where they can believe that these are "righteous" actions.
*Thirdly: London's emergency services were prepared. They have been trained, at great expense to London taxpayers, over the last two years - a "mock" situation taking place only a few weeks ago - and yesterday we saw that that money had been truly well spent.
*Lastly: London, sadly, is actually used to bomb attacks - we have had to cope with the IRA campaign for thirty years - the last attack from them just two years ago - and oddly just half-a-mile from where I am living.

The Personal Aftermath:
All family and friends and their families are physically safe.
My eldest son was late for the office and missed being caught up in the middle of the Edgeware Road station incident - a couple of his colleagues were not so lucky but "only" suffered from smoke/dust/flying glass injuries.

My youngest two children spent much time texting and phoning their friends to reassure one another.

My "baby" (nearly ten) saying that she never wants to travel by Tube train or bus again - my youngest son has a dance performance on Saturday in a theatre near to the scene of two of the bombs and she no longer wishes to attend - so in her little life (for now) the terrorists have won - she is truly "terrorised".

So now Londoners are standing "shoulder-to-shoulder", Christain, Jew, Muslim, atheist. We will go about are daily business. We will smile, knowingly, at on another for a while. We will NOT alter our way of life.

Thank you for your time,

with Love and Peace,

Rupe, 09:38hours.

Snaked
Jul 8, 2005, 1:10 PM
Dear Rupey,

Love and prayers sent to you, your family and all those touched by this ugliness of humanity. Really happy to hear that all is as well as can be with your family - with time and compassion, I hope the little ones will heal.
Take care Rupey - loving and healing thoughts are being sent your way :three:
Snaked

m.in.heels&hose
Jul 8, 2005, 5:22 PM
hello rupert, we are all in shock over what has happened in london, and my heart and prayers go out to all you people in london as well as the rest of the UK!
i have so many thoughts and questions running through my head right now i have no idea where to start!
i will leave it at this, i hope that all my friends in the UK are safe and, as well as those who i dont know also

kitty513
Jul 8, 2005, 6:37 PM
Rupert and all in London:
I was saddened and angered by the brutal and cowardly attack on your country. As Blair said, it is truly an attack on all civilized people everywhere. I can't say that I am shocked, however. Since the horrible day in Sept of 2001,it seems this sort of thing was an inevitabilty. We pay a heavy price to live in a free society where people can come and go as they please. These cowards prey on our freedom and our fear.

The news of these terrible events brought back 9/11 so vividly for me that I felt that fear and panic and deep sense of loss all over again. I am glad that you and yours are safe. My heart goes out to all of those who lost someone or who are injured. Know that the US will stand by you as you have so graciously and unselfishly stood by us.

BiMale
Jul 8, 2005, 8:42 PM
Thoughts and prayers to all Londoners and British friends.

BiMale.

Mayalaen
Jul 9, 2005, 2:46 AM
Can't really think of what to say other than my thoughts are with you and I hope you and your families are all well and safe!

rupertbare
Jul 10, 2005, 4:44 PM
I won't post anymore on this thread - thanks for all the kind comments - I wasn't even sure if I should post anything in the first place (it was, also, the first time I'd started a thread).

As a family we have now travelled by bus - my son had an "end of year" performance at the Bloomsbury Theatre on Saturday (9th) - this is just a minutes walk away from the site of the bus blast and on our return journey had to walk by the sight of white plastic and scaffolding hiding it's remains. The children were a little upset, made worse by a "missing - please 'phone..." hand made poster pasted to the bus-stop. But we did it and now we move on.....

There is a terrific web site (set up on the Thursday by a web designer) called www.werenotafraid.com -don't type 'we're' - it won't work. Some very funny and some very clever stuff can be found - check out the site owner's favourite's bit.

with love from the UK
Rupe.

julie
Jul 10, 2005, 6:43 PM
Thank-you Rupert for starting this thread. I feel humbled and privileged to have been able to share in your experiences. You may not be listed in the injured lists but you and your family have clearly been deeply impacted by the aftermath of someones psychopathic fantasy becoming reality.

I have also been deeply moved by the universal solidarity shown here by other members on the site. This is echoed in the 'were not afraid' link you posted Rupe. Until now I have almost felt guilty at not feeling fear- only rage. Seeing those images only strengthened my core belief that no matter how many of us they kill or maim, they will never, ever win whatever sick perverse objective they are aiming for. That fundamentally the human spirit will not be destroyed despite so many hearts being broken.

love Julie x

chook
Jul 11, 2005, 5:28 AM
Firstly can I say that my thoughts and prayers go to all the people affected by this act of lunacy, there is just no sense in what these fanatics do, and only if they could see that they are doing their cause absolutely no good in killing innocent people going about their every day lives like God intented. For those of you that dont know me I live in Australia and we are all wondering here when our turn will come, I hope it doesnt but with these cowards who knows what they will do next or where they will strike, but I'm sure that Australians like the British people will not bend to their demands. Its just a damn shame that these people have to force...or try and force their rotten way of life down other peoples necks. Rupet I was so glad to hear that your family is ok, i think i would have gone nuts with worry especially here where I live because if that happened here i would be blocked off from Sydney and my family. Anyway please forgive me if I have rambled on but i really hate any sort of terrorism attack on innocent people, or any attack for that matter...really what rights have these bastards got to decide who lives or dies for Allah?????

BiShadoman
Jul 11, 2005, 3:27 PM
Was so glad to hear that all of you and yours are doing well, and that the family braved the bus to go to your sons end of the year preformance(I hope it was enjoyed by all who attended). The power of prayer is amazing, I will continue to pray for all of you and hope that the terrorists mental victory is a short lived one as well.
Gods Loves and prayers to you all.
Out of the Shados.