PDA

View Full Version : FYI

wanderingrichard
Aug 27, 2006, 3:53 AM
have assumed the mortgage on a home from a co worker..last tenants trashed the place ..move in starts labor day weekend.. have been tearing up carpet, removing/replacing light fixtues, mirrors, other things, painting, etc [ yes the entire place ] and getting things ready for the flooring guys to come in monday to start laying laminate flooring and also carpeting.. this on top of working 10 -14 hour shifts at the job..so, thats why i've not really been participating in things too much..

heads up also, i may be offline for a few days while moving and setting up and having the cable guys come in to reset my service

all this, to let you know not to worry too much if you dont see or hear from me..

will miss the hell out of this family and community while i'm gone
Rich

trip1
Aug 27, 2006, 7:29 AM
You have no idea how much I'd like to give you a hand...No the other kinda hand LOL. I just love projects like your heading into...Peter

anne27
Aug 27, 2006, 9:12 AM
We own rental property and I have been through the same kind of renovations more times than I'd care to think about. But the final reward is seeing a house YOU made your own through hard work, sweat, and blood.

Good luck with your house, Richard. I'd also offer you a hand if I could.

canuckotter
Aug 27, 2006, 10:58 AM
Yarr, me too. :) One of my coworkers is renovating the hell out of a rental property right now, I get to hear all about how much work it is. Good luck!

wanderingrichard
Aug 27, 2006, 12:30 PM
thanx folks. i kinda over slept this mornin :rolleyes: and am late getting back over there, but thanks all the same.

arana
Aug 27, 2006, 9:06 PM
Have fun and be careful Rich. Most accidents happen in the home and during DIY projects. lol