PDA

View Full Version : bi social & support groups - why not?

softfruit
Jul 6, 2005, 1:08 PM
The thread about Bi-Unity has got me thinking. There's a heck of a lot of people on here, and many of us live in or near cities with their own real-world bi community - whether social groups like BiPhoria and Bi-Unity, or bars and club nights like Bi Underground, etc. To avoid confusion, I'm thinking here of social & community spaces, as opposed to venues for sexual encounters.

So a question for those of you who dont go along to those sorts of spaces -- why not?

(This is aimed at the people who live near the hubs of bi community that are out there -- I appreciate for some people they live in the sticks and don't want to start their own group!)

rupertbare
Jul 7, 2005, 4:19 AM
A good point - but my local bi group meets on a Saturday - not only am I a family man but one of my children attends a dance class so I'm already tied up for a good part of the day and feel I should spend the rest of the time with my other child. I DO feel somewhat guilty about NOT going along - it would be nice to meet other folk - hopefully some would also be parents. And I live in central London Softfruit - yet I've only found the group that meets at Friends House in Euston - if you know of others (Holland Park is nearest point of reference) please mail me, thanks (or mail and say hi anyway). As you say - these groups don't have to be viewed as "pick-up" places - just a collection of people with something in common - like a book group or chess club.

Rupe XXXX.

softfruit
Jul 8, 2005, 2:23 PM
The best place to get info on current UK bi groups is the homepage of BCN (http://www.bicommunitynews.co.uk/) -- down the right hand side various groups are listed.

The most thriving one in London at the moment is Bi Underground, this is less of a support group, more a bunch of bisexuals in a bar chatting, but there's nowt wrong with that!