PDA

View Full Version : The price was right today!!

swag85
Aug 25, 2006, 12:03 PM
thought this was cool. the coulors on the price is right background today, were the colors in the Bi flag! in the right order too! if your in a difrent time zone check it out. wonder if that was set up by a bisexual, without anyone really knowing! id like to think so! haha.
:bipride:

miamiuu
Aug 25, 2006, 12:35 PM
Uhh, when did such a thing as a bi color scheme on a flag come into effect? I'm not big on symbols like that and don't understand why people buy things like the rainbow flags or stickers. I also think that is just meant to make money off the bi community if such a thing exists.

swag85
Aug 25, 2006, 12:54 PM
miamiuu, i understand that everyone has different oppinions, but there is no need to knock the flag, some of us take pride in it, and enjoy it. whether or not, you do. its not a money maker. thats like saying me buying a canadian flag is just stores way to make money off canadians. i dont agree with what you said, and next time i dont think you should question, what i know exsists! thats rude why would i show pride in something that dosnt exsist. i repect your right to say whatever you want, but i dont repect the way you said it.
i will fly my flag a little higer during the next pride, just for you!!

Mrs.F
Aug 25, 2006, 3:35 PM
miamiuu, i understand that everyone has different oppinions, but there is no need to knock the flag, some of us take pride in it, and enjoy it. whether or not, you do. its not a money maker. thats like saying me buying a canadian flag is just stores way to make money off canadians. i dont agree with what you said, and next time i dont think you should question, what i know exsists! thats rude why would i show pride in something that dosnt exsist. i repect your right to say whatever you want, but i dont repect the way you said it.
i will fly my flag a little higer during the next pride, just for you!!

Go swag, Go swag..... :bigrin:

I did happen to watch the "price of right" today but I must have missed it.. :(

Tocowboycub
Aug 25, 2006, 3:49 PM
Thank You Swag......
I couldn't agree more !!!!

Going to get me a taller flag pole for both my Canadian Flag and my Pride Flag.

swag85
Aug 25, 2006, 3:59 PM
Thanks for the support! i knew i wasnt the only one!! or the last! thanks again!

:bipride: :bipride: :bipride: :bipride: :bipride: :bipride: :bipride: :bipride:

Herbwoman39
Aug 25, 2006, 4:00 PM
Uhh, when did such a thing as a bi color scheme on a flag come into effect? I'm not big on symbols like that and don't understand why people buy things like the rainbow flags or stickers. I also think that is just meant to make money off the bi community if such a thing exists.

I respect your point of view. Many don't see a flag of any type as having meaning. The US our flag is meant to be a symbol of unity. 13 stripes for the original colonies and 50 stars for the states all encompassed in one flag.

The Bi flag has the same meaning. Unity.

Here is a link to a little of the history of the flag: http://biflag.com/

As for a bisexual community, hon, this is what Bisexual.com IS. It's a home where we can all safely come and talk openly about our concerns, share our fears, hopes and dreams and even play a silly game or two. This IS a community.

Please understand that it is never my intent to demean or change another's point of view...only to share my own in hopes that you may understand another perspective.

wanderingrichard
Aug 25, 2006, 11:22 PM
herbwoman, girl you took the words right out of my head!! just like all other "causes" etc.. it's the show of unity

would be cool if what you said was true , that someone snuck that in.

btw, is bob barker still hosting The Price is Right? he's gotta be like, 600, years old, right?

swag85
Aug 25, 2006, 11:28 PM
Oh ya, big Bob is stoll hoasting!! hes great! i think hes around 75-80, its funnt to watch him now, when people get excited and jump around, and try to hug him he runs for cover!! NO JOKE. he always looks over his back, and gets the hell out of the way!!! i love it!

Herbwoman39
Aug 26, 2006, 12:49 AM
Oh ya, big Bob is stoll hoasting!! hes great! i think hes around 75-80, its funnt to watch him now, when people get excited and jump around, and try to hug him he runs for cover!! NO JOKE. he always looks over his back, and gets the hell out of the way!!! i love it!

LOL! Can you BLAME poor Bob? The way these people jump up and down they could break the poor man!

LOL! I'd run for cover too if I were his age.

swag85
Aug 26, 2006, 12:55 AM
OH YA, ,i todally agree!! its just so fun to watch him look around, and back away, while hes trying to tell people to get there pets spayed or neuterd! oh, ,what a great show!!

kinsey_3
Aug 26, 2006, 1:09 AM
I pledge allegiance to the flag of Bisexual Pride, and to The Community for which it stands: complex sexualities and identities, divisible, changeable, fluid and polymorphous, including the right not to identify with any group or label, with freedom and dignity for all.

swag85
Aug 26, 2006, 1:12 AM
I pledge allegiance to the flag of Bisexual Pride, and to The Community for which it stands: complex sexualities and identities, divisible, changeable, fluid and polymorphous, including the right not to identify with any group or label, with freedom and dignity for all.

CLAP! CLAP! CLAP!

anne27
Aug 26, 2006, 7:37 AM
I don't own or display a pride flag. No one here in rural TN would know what it meant anyway, but I do have a rainbow license plate (it supports the arts) and I wear a HRC dogtag necklace with the equal sign on it.

Symbols are very important. They're a visible sign to outsiders that we exist, and a reminder to ourselves the issues for which we stand.