PDA

View Full Version : Coming out in a Latin Macho family!!!

rayosytruenos
Aug 21, 2006, 7:20 PM
Hi everyone!

I just wanted to say that I've been wanting at least to tell my family about my sexuality for a while. Today I tried to direct the conversation I was having with my mum and sister to the topic of sex. I was telling them that with me, girls seem to play hard to get, or they seem to show an interest not in me, but in other factors like my passport... (In a way, we can speak about anything, and I'm very blunt saying things).

As the conversation was going to other topics once and again, I finally said to them: "Well, I want to tell you something for you to start digesting it: I bed also guys!". My sister looked at me and asked "Are you joking or is it in earnest?". I answered "No, it's in earnest. I need a lot of sex, and while girls play hard to give me some, I have plenty of men willing to help me. I did want to tell you, as I don't like to have any secrets with you, but you were just yesterday joking and mimicking about gays so I was not that sure."

My mum then said something like "I've always loved you and I'll always do, no matter what you are." and then added something like "nobody is perfect..." so my sister and I started to laugh and I asked my mum if she meant that my sexuality was an imperfection to her eyes. She apologized and said that she didn't mean that.

I asked them that I wanted to tell dad and my two brothers too, and then my sister said not to tell my dad, as that could give him a heart attack, as he is in a very delicate health. My mum corroborated her words saying that my dad is very "macho" and wouldn't understand. (We are a very traditional Latin-macho family).

Then my sister said that about my brothers, she thought that at least she knew that one of them knew "faggots" and had some of them as friends...

I could not help but thinking about the terms and expressions my mum and sister were using, even if supposedly it was me one of those "imperfect" beings or "faggots", but I guess I cannot ask from them to change suddenly something that it's so deeply implanted in our culture.

Not sure when and if I'm going to tell my brothers, and even less sure about telling my dad. I wish I could do it to all of them. As a really close Latin family we have no secrets to each other and I feel very strange hiding this from them. At least I have already taken the first step.

All the best,

ray :male:

smurf111978
Aug 21, 2006, 7:42 PM
((((((((((((((((((((( RAY )))))))))))))))))))))))))

Ray I'm so pleased for u sweetie its a big step you have taken and I'm sure you feel better for telling them. I came and still comng out in stage best to take small steps I think. At least with your mum and sister knowing you will have some support when you tell ur brothers. As for the comments your mum and sister made I'm sure they dont mean to make you feel bad and will try and be more careful what they say from now on.

Take care sweetie
Much love & many hugs
Smurfie
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

glantern954
Aug 21, 2006, 8:50 PM
Congrats to you!

Herbwoman39
Aug 21, 2006, 9:15 PM
((((((((((((((((((((((RAY))))))))))))))))))))))))

Congrats! I'm so proud of you for having the courage to come out to part of your family.

rayosytruenos
Aug 23, 2006, 6:43 PM
Hi everybody!

I came out to my mum and sis 2 days ago, after supper. The food was still in their stomachs after my news... so I thought they took it well... lol

Yesterday my mum said to me that I should go out more and meet more girls, socialize more with them...

Today both my mum and sis told me that I should have gone with them to see a doctor they went to, as the female nurse was really beautiful and had wonderful eyes... (They know I get crazy about nice eyes)

I feel like their acceptance is just half way, that now they are in the phase of trying to change me to have sex only with girls... Has that happened to any of you after you came out to your family?

All the best,

ray :male:

arana
Aug 23, 2006, 9:37 PM
Congratulations Ray, now time to bring home a guy for the family to meet and see you're serious.

miamiuu
Aug 23, 2006, 10:45 PM
I'm happy for you, but I dont see this whole you got to come out to your family phenomenon. It isn't any of my family's business what I do so what they dont know wont hurt them, or give me the headache of repercussions from them finding out. The closet aint that bad a place especially when it beats getting a headache from others for doing something that isn't any of thier business and that you want to do anyway.