PDA

View Full Version : Checking in

Realist
Oct 30, 2015, 7:31 PM
It's been a while, so I thought I'd check in to see who's still here.

Miss a few great folks, who could write complete sentences, had similar interests, thought process, and history.

What's the latest...any new developments?

jem_is_bi
Oct 30, 2015, 9:17 PM
Hi Realist

I hope you are doing well. I miss reading your posts. But I understand why you checked out of the craziness that was going on. Life has been great to me, especially now.

Annika L
Oct 31, 2015, 1:39 AM
Hey there! Still hanging about...perhaps a bit like a ghost. Actually had a couple long-running 99% troll-free threads going up until just a couple weeks ago. Then life got a bit nutty and they're in danger of falling through the cracks.

Anyway...feel free to e-mail me...and I'll do the same. I hope you and your gf are both well...and thank you for checking in on us.

*hugs*
-- Annika

darkeyes
Oct 31, 2015, 6:13 AM
Daft ole coot.. *huggles an' nuzzles sed daft ole coot*:love87:

void()
Oct 31, 2015, 6:32 AM
Have been doing a lot with firewood here. Heading to VA for a little while, visiting family. We'll head out the 3rd or 4th of November and we're figuring not returning to WV until after the 9th. I am also on par to be getting some very needed dental work completed. All but quit smoking after 35 years of it. I still try to sneak a cigarette now and then. Finding I no longer enjoy them like I did. Also have reduced caffeine consumption and increased vitamin C consumption. That seems to be helpful. * hugs * Hope it's all going well for y'all.

Realist
Oct 31, 2015, 8:05 PM
Aw, Jem...good to hear from you....glad you're doing well, I have missed the site and guys like you, too. Things seem to have calmed down, some...

Annika! Sweet of you to reply. We need to catch up....miss chatting with you.

Then, there's Miss Darkeyes!.......I thought for sure they would have kicked you off here by now! I'll bet that young'un's gonna take you down a notch, or two! Wait until she's about 13, and you're realizing she's gonna be just like you!!!

Void! You're still at it, I see....love you come-backs! ! I have a picture in my head, that you look a little like Robin Williams and have the same kind of energy. Brilliant and so quick-witted! I'd love to meet you some day and see if it's easier to understand you, face-to-face!

You are all people I loved coming here to read! (Even Fran)

Thanks for being here, still!

darkeyes
Nov 1, 2015, 6:12 AM
Long as at 13 she isnt like me at 14, Realist... :tongue:. Funny how perspectives change wen 1 becomes a parent. God forbid I slip in2 hypocrisy... but I was luffly at 13... only 1 person in the world didn't like me but she didn't like ne1...:eek2:. Well..... 2, but me big sister dusn't count!:impleased

void()
Nov 1, 2015, 10:10 AM
Void! You're still at it, I see....love you come-backs! ! I have a picture in my head, that you look a little like Robin Williams and have the same kind of energy. Brilliant and so quick-witted! I'd love to meet you some day and see if it's easier to understand you, face-to-face!

Well in some ways I may look similar to Robin Williams. Noticed we
both had began going silver in the whiskers and mountain tops. During
Autumn & Winter I may look like him. Spring and Summer I become a George
Clooney knock off. Energy I may have but am finding out, I unfortunately
am not Peter Pan despite efforts to remain so.

That darn bugger called Arthur I Tis likes to visit too often now. From
what I'd done in youth, had done and so on, Arthur finds ways to remind
of pain. At times it can seize me still. This is very difficult for
someone who has always been one to, "move, move, move" to face. Worse
still is the pain now actually hurting and feeling crummy for even
saying as much because it never has before.

Such is living I'm told. "We all do it", has become a gentle refrained
platitude offered to me. Rather not do it if I could avoid it yet
options are limited. So, I keep on keeping on. All anyone can do.

Annika L
Nov 1, 2015, 4:06 PM
Aw, Jem...good to hear from you....glad you're doing well, I have missed the site and guys like you, too. Things seem to have calmed down, some...

Annika! Sweet of you to reply. We need to catch up....miss chatting with you.

Then, there's Miss Darkeyes!.......I thought for sure they would have kicked you off here by now! I'll bet that young'un's gonna take you down a notch, or two! Wait until she's about 13, and you're realizing she's gonna be just like you!!!

You are all people I loved coming here to read! (Even Fran)

Thanks for being here, still!

Sounds like a council of 5 then. We should just all pick a common location and meet. Unfortunately, our center of mass is somewhere in the Atlantic (and certainly not as far south as Atlantis, so that's out). I'll await the decision of the others.

Until then, Realist, I am still very much about. Would be great to catch up with you as well! *hugs*

Bellonya
Nov 2, 2015, 3:57 PM
Hi Realist! I hoped we would see you again around here, you are missed. As for the forum, can't say, I don't come here often, but it was a nice surprise seing your username. Hope everything is good in real life!