PDA

View Full Version : Dear Straight Men, Come Out Already

whistle1
Sep 12, 2015, 4:23 PM
Just saw this article and wanted to post the link.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mason-hsieh/dear-straight-men-come-out-already_b_7899674.html

Your reactions/comments welcomed.

void()
Sep 12, 2015, 8:18 PM
* looks on with blank stare, wanders along *

jem_is_bi
Sep 12, 2015, 8:39 PM
* looks on with blank stare, wanders along *

That is definitely an appropriate reaction.

void()
Sep 12, 2015, 10:09 PM
That is definitely an appropriate reaction.

* waves, nods ... returns to looking upward, points up at the vast blinking linking lights in the sky while smiling warmly *

SilkyHoseLover
Sep 13, 2015, 7:58 AM
From the article: "Ward illustrates that sex between straight white men allows them to leverage whiteness and masculinity to authenticate their heterosexuality in the context of sex with men."

This is a massive eye roll for me. First, what does race have to do with it -- why must race be tied to everything these days???? If a given activity happens to be more prevalent among persons with the one skin color or ethnicity, who says that it has some deep, psycho-sexual/societal import?

Ok, I'm a white man. I thought I was straight for my first 60 years on the planet. Then I sucked a cock and had mine sucked by another - gasp! - white man! I'm not 'leveraging' a damned thing, with the possible exception of finding a comfortable position so that another guy can slide his dick into my ass. If anything, I think the 'authenticates' my bisexuality, not heterosexuality. And I'm not ashamed of it. It's not something that most of my family and friends need to know, but it's reality.

Eggheads who write this kind of crap need to find a real job...

void()
Sep 13, 2015, 10:18 AM
From the article: "Ward illustrates that sex between straight white men allows them to leverage whiteness and masculinity to authenticate their heterosexuality in the context of sex with men."

This is a massive eye roll for me. First, what does race have to do with it -- why must race be tied to everything these days???? ...

It is all the great race issue, you know the race to the bottom of the dung heap.

I have never understood why people consider skin colors, ethnic differences to be racial when they are referred to with negative intonations.

"Well he called me a nigger, he's a racist scum!"

"Nah, he didn't call you a mule with the head of a rhino, or a bat winged gnu. He was not being racist at all. He simply said he believes you to be trash, or from Nigeria."

To me we humans are all one race, humans. So, the only way I can see racism is for someone to insult another human by calling them another race or species of animal.

Granted I understand why the n word I used above seems prone to be considered very nasty. I do apologize for using it as well. That aside, I was also raised to understand it to mean exactly as expressed in the context above, trash. You can have white n's the same as black, red, yellow, green n's. For myself, it is difficult seeing the word as racist and I've elucidated as to why that is.

Now, let all the goat toed storks drop penguin bombs about how my elephant balls aching has no meaning to tiger striped kangaroo rats. I know they will because that is how the race goes. Again my apologies because there was no intention to offend or debase anyone, in any manner. I can love or loathe all equally. :) Can be loved or loathed by all equally too.

pole_smoker
Sep 13, 2015, 12:55 PM
This silly biphobic and homophobic article and the stupid book have been discussed before here. Next time UTFSE. :rolleyes:

cornholejoe
Sep 13, 2015, 2:10 PM
what does it matter