PDA

View Full Version : what's up with the chat?

biinterested
Aug 19, 2015, 7:47 PM
I haven't been here in a while and wondered why the chat wasn't working again?

Drew could you help us?

thank you :)

void()
Aug 19, 2015, 9:01 PM
Chat has been ... sorry excuse me, I just can't.

GentlePersuasion
Aug 19, 2015, 11:14 PM
Does seem pretty SORRY paying not being able to use best feature

12voltyV2.0
Aug 19, 2015, 11:31 PM
Chat has been down for most of the summer months now-----the way it seems to go---the chat runs fine for a month or so, then suddenly goes down and stays out for a few months, then one day---it is back up and running--then the cycle starts all over again.

Forget about Drew being of any help. He ditched this place going back well over a year now. I guess he must have paid up well in advance, whatever it costs to keep a site of this sort going for a time---hope it keeps on going on for as long as possible even in this hobbled fashion.

Annika L
Aug 20, 2015, 1:49 AM
Chat has been down since March or April.

Drew has been seemingly out of the picture for about a year, as Volty says.

What confuses me is why/how chat got working again twice in that time. It was down last September for a couple months. Then it sounded like LDD had some communication with Drew, and chat bounced back for a bit. But it never stays long, and went down again soon after that. In January, MySecretChoice started up, and everyone bailed and went there. Then, miraculously, this chat started again...and everyone swam back here like rats toward a sinking ship. And predictably, it died again after a few weeks. MySecretChoice did bring their good chat room back, and it is currently functioning. So if you want chat, that's a good place to look for it. This place (in my opinion) has the superior forum structure...it's more convenient to post and discuss. But there are so few members posting that it's still problematic (note: we need *more posters*, not more posts by a small number of members).

Anyway, that's my version of recent history.

void()
Aug 20, 2015, 9:34 AM
What confuses me is why/how chat got working again twice in that time.

The chat was hosted on an independent server, by a different company than is fully under Drew's control. They were slow to engage in troubleshooting the code base behind the software. This may or may not have been due in part of their preference to not really desire hosting something for *mockingly gasps* "those sickly perverse freaks, the bisexuals!" I do not know for sure, yet it seems highly plausible.

And by the by, only pepperjack is really perverse. You ought to just hear, well ... ;) :)

welickit
Aug 21, 2015, 3:22 PM
If you take the time to research Drew, actual name Andrew, you will find telephone numbers for support for his sites. You will also find out he had a server or site in Nevada that was revoked forever. He was or is actually in Canada but had issues in the USA. I didn't bother with the legal details because I didn't really care. If you care just research his sites and him. You will find his full name the sites are registered to, addresses and support information with telephone numbers. I think this site and Two Pillows were registered until 2018 as I recall. I researched him out of curiosity because when we beta tested this new site he actually seemed interested in getting it up and running.

pole_smoker
Aug 22, 2015, 4:11 PM
If you take the time to research Drew, actual name Andrew, you will find telephone numbers for support for his sites. You will also find out he had a server or site in Nevada that was revoked forever. He was or is actually in Canada but had issues in the USA. I didn't bother with the legal details because I didn't really care. If you care just research his sites and him. You will find his full name the sites are registered to, addresses and support information with telephone numbers. I think this site and Two Pillows were registered until 2018 as I recall. I researched him out of curiosity because when we beta tested this new site he actually seemed interested in getting it up and running.
Heh I'm not surprised that Drew/Andrew had all that happen. :rolleyes:

SilkyHoseLover
Aug 22, 2015, 6:06 PM

DrBimind
Aug 26, 2015, 7:46 AM
Hey Everyone, If you are looking for a chat room that has the same feel (it's 123 flash chat) and you are already signed up or want to sign up at my secret choice at http://social.mysecretchoice.com/ and look at menu on left, click on chat button and it takes you right to it. If you are signed in it will display your user name or if you don't sign in and just click chat it takes you to chat as a guest so anybody can check it out....not a bunch of peeps on it yet as a lot don't know it up now since members at my secrete choice can chat through the sites private message chat. FYI.... Also there is a bunch of us from here on site there as well....c'ya Doc

Cursubm
Aug 31, 2015, 3:35 PM
Looks like chat is back up.