PDA

View Full Version : Happy May Day!

kikigrace
May 1, 2015, 3:47 PM
Tra La, it’s May, the lusty month of May
That cheery month when everyone goes blissfully astray.
It’s time to do a shocking thing or two.
Those dreary vows that everyone takes, everyone breaks,
Everyone makes divine mistakes! The lusty month of May.
~ Queen Gwenevere sings in Camelot

seems apropos, enjoy yourselves everyone! It's beautiful here in New York...

charles-smythe
May 1, 2015, 3:54 PM

seems apropos, enjoy yourselves everyone! It's beautiful here in New York...…thanks…

pole_smoker
May 1, 2015, 4:03 PM
It's May day...OUTDOOR FUCKIN STARTS TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://jackoffjunkie.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/DSC_0128.jpg

tenni
May 1, 2015, 4:34 PM
In the area that I live in and society that I belong to, May Day (May 1) is connected to labour and social justice. It is connected to the Soviet Union's May Day rights of workers. This is not universal in the area though and is less celebrated than it use to be.It still is celebrated.

Protests today in Montreal.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/may-day-protests-held-against-quebec-government-cuts-1.3056851

Some Toronto protests

http://toronto.nooneisillegal.org/mayday

http://harvestnoon.com/may-day-2015/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=may-day-2015

Melody Dean
May 1, 2015, 4:37 PM

tenni
May 1, 2015, 4:43 PM
It is usually too cold for most people to be naked gardeners. Hell, some people a bit north still have snow...lol

pole_smoker
May 1, 2015, 5:04 PM
In the area that I live in and society that I belong to, May Day (May 1) is connected to labour and social justice. It is connected to the Soviet Union's May Day rights of workers. This is not universal in the area though and is less celebrated than it use to be.It still is celebrated.

Protests today in Montreal.

Some Toronto protests

*yawn* who cares? They're in Canada and most people in the world who do not live in North America or Western Europe would give their tits, cunt, cock, or balls to be living there, a resident there, or working in Canada instead of the country they are in.

But a lot of Canadians especially in or around Toronto (especially a lot of wannabe artists in Toronto) don't live in reality, are way too PC, get offended and butthurt too easily over nothing, will protest anything without looking at the actual facts, and are utterly ignorant and foolish.

charles-smythe
May 1, 2015, 6:40 PM
…as long as we don’t get into the cinco de mayo bullshit…I don’t care…last year this mexican american told me she thought government agencies should be shut down for cinco de mayo…I said, “Why that’s a mexican holiday not an ameroican one…she told me that she was offended…& I said so am I that people from mexico think we should celebrate mexican holidays…I told her anyone who wanted to celebrate cinco de mayo was certainly welcome to go to mexico and celebrsate it…

pole_smoker
May 1, 2015, 10:27 PM
…as long as we don’t get into the cinco de mayo bullshit…I don’t care…last year this mexican american told me she thought government agencies should be shut down for cinco de mayo…I said, “Why that’s a mexican holiday not an ameroican one…she told me that she was offended…& I said so am I that people from mexico think we should celebrate mexican holidays…I told her anyone who wanted to celebrate cinco de mayo was certainly welcome to go to mexico and celebrsate it…

I have Mexican friends and they told me how in Mexico nobody celebrates it, and that it's celebrated more by Mexicans/Mexican-Americans/Chicano people in the United States.

darkeyes
May 2, 2015, 7:35 AM
Ho hum, Poley.. u r a barrel of laffs... and the things peeps tellya... well.. I never....:tongue:

Annika L
May 2, 2015, 1:23 PM

seems apropos, enjoy yourselves everyone! It's beautiful here in New York...

*smile* Was singing that to myself all day yesterday, LOL! A happy birth of Summer to all!