PDA

View Full Version : Interesting new forum software algorhythm

SilkyHoseLover
Apr 15, 2015, 10:01 AM
Supposedly capable of detecting forum trolls in less than 10 posts. Would LOVE to see an analysis of this site! ;)

If interested, visit the following link: http://www.popsci.com/researchers-develop-troll-hunting-algorithm

(Link is to a Popular Science article.)

pole_smoker
Apr 15, 2015, 11:06 AM
Trolls like the one on this site from north of the border that loves to post homophobic and biphobic BS, and rantings, stalk and harass people that troll doesn't like would find their way around it.

tenni
Apr 15, 2015, 12:53 PM
There is a troll from north of my border ....in Russia?

I agree that this site could use the software..lol:yikes2::wiggle2::cutelaugh What we see on this site is what happens when trolls are not banned. I wonder if trolls go to school to learn trollism at a higher degree than the following info from the article?

"Nearly all of the 10,000 FBUs(Facebook Users?) studied commented at a lower perceived standard of literacy and clarity than the average, and this standard only declined until they were banned. Also, troublemaking commenters are more likely to focus their efforts on fewer comment threads relative to the amount they post. In other words, they’re looking for a fight.All trolls are not created equal, however. Instigators on CNN were more likely to initiate new posts or sub-threads, and at Breitbart and IGN they were more likely to comment on existing threads. In general, FBUs are incendiary and persistent commenters with poor grammar, and they tend to get into heated arguments right before they are banned".

pole_smoker
Apr 15, 2015, 12:55 PM
There is a troll from north of my border ....in Russia?
Nope. I was writing about Canada.