PDA

View Full Version : bisexual business owners

m.in.heels&hose
Aug 8, 2006, 5:45 PM
Hi there everyone!
im not sure if this is the right place to bring this up, if nothing else it could be used as a feedback type of thing for a new section of this wonderful website.
i had an idea about starting a thread for all the bisexual business owners & operators to tell the rest of us of the types of business they are into so we (as bisexuals) can give our business to bisexuals

this idea came to me today, i was thinking if my computer needed work done to it, i would much prefer to have it looked at by another bisexual (knowing that the person who does look at it, is going to find out i am a bisexual person)

Thank you for taking the time to read about yet one of my crazy little ideas that ramdomly cross my mind :tong:

thank you again

m.in.heels&hose

P.S for those who may not know, i do not own a shoe store (yet)
contrary to popular belief!

Hawaiimed
Aug 8, 2006, 6:29 PM
Networking with in groups is a great way to drum up business! I own a production facility where we do a lot of music and video for shows & broadcast here in Vegas. Because many of the producers and directors I work with are gay, I end up with a lot their referals. I'd be happy to be on a list of bi owned business.

allbimyself
Aug 8, 2006, 7:00 PM
i do not own a shoe store (yet)
contrary to popular belief!LOL of course you don't! You could never bear to part with a pair of shoes :D

Seriously, it's a great idea. While not the sole owner I am part owner and President of an ISP... so if you need web or email hosting, or application development, let me know.

glantern954
Aug 8, 2006, 8:16 PM
My wife and I own a small 3d animation and graphic design company.

www.tweakfreakstudios.com

arana
Aug 8, 2006, 11:12 PM
I think this is a great idea, MIHH. I think a list of business's for various areas would be beneficial for both consumer and distributor.

(waits for chicken tender Fridays from GL) lol

Gemini25
Aug 8, 2006, 11:53 PM
I'm a PartyLite Candle Consultant here in Northern California, for all of your candle and home decorating needs. We have over 50 different scents for our candles, along with a variety of candle and home decorating accesories. We have a Great Hosting Program giving you FREE and Half Priced Items along with Monthly Hosting Specials. You can contact me at Cndleguy@hotmail.com
If I'm not able to service you personally, I know I can get someone in your area to assist you.

taz67156
Aug 9, 2006, 1:31 AM
hey mihh,
that would be a great idea to see happen even though its comeing from somebody that is straight but I'm sure everyone could do something if not several people in one area.
you said something about computer work well thats something I like to try and fix along with cars, Drew has a post up for all AOL users that are having problems to post something about it and I looked for about two days for an answer to fix it and when I found something he was the first to see it and now its up in the forum.

taz67156

Michael623
Aug 9, 2006, 9:36 AM
Yeah, Allbi, but can he get bare with a pair of shoes. Depends on the business. I doubt there are many bisexuals moving to my town, or who live here now and are refinancing their houses, that need a real estate appraisal. Never know, I guess.

Herbwoman39
Aug 9, 2006, 10:11 AM
That's a FANTASTIC idea!

My husband and I co-own Hands-On AromaTherapy: 1-800-331-6456 (www.handsonaromatherapy.com)

We sell wholesale essential oils to the public. We also offer hydrosols, base oils, bottles and diffusers.

Scientific studies have proven that the molecues of essential oils are small enough to pass through the Blood-Brain barrier and actually have a beneficial effect on brain chemistry. These plant extracts are 100% natural and have a multitude of benefits. Because they are all natural, the body processes them much more easily than prescription or over-the-counter meds. If used properly, there *are* no side effects.

The following are just a few of the uses: Migraines, Sore muscles, Sleep disturbances, Cuts and scrapes, Mosquito repellant, Colds & Flu. Neuralgia, Depression, Cellulite reduction, Digestive issues, Rosacea and skin issues and so much more.

We also offer private labeling. Give us a call if you'd like to learn more.

jedinudist
Aug 9, 2006, 4:00 PM
I know the GLBT resort and hotel community already do this, and it is very powerful.

My wife and I are about to open a photography business, and we are planning on several other ventures!

Count us in!!!!!!

BTW - I will be in touch with allbimyself about site hosting once we're ready :)

allbimyself
Aug 9, 2006, 6:43 PM
BTW - I will be in touch with allbimyself about site hosting once we're ready :)

GREAT! I'll be looking forward to it... I won't gouge you. Too bad.
:bigrin:

DJ Triad
Aug 9, 2006, 10:30 PM
Count me in as well. I own a sensual music production company which I started about a year ago. The internet business is fantastic! :three:

onewhocares
Aug 10, 2006, 10:22 AM
Well M in Heels and Hose,

Your thread has produced the first bit of commerce. I was intrigued at Triads business discription and went on the site. SOLD. Calling today to order this most unusal, erotic and most sensual of CD's. Who knew this was available on the open market.

I would be more than glad to be a part of a list of Bisexual Business Owners. There are many groups which foster developement with in their organization- BNI comes to mind.

I am a caterer specializing in presentation and table top style for events from a simple dinner for two to a lavish wedding. We pride ourselves on our dedication to our customers and present their guest with a wonderful memory at the conclusion of the event. Full service from invitations to custom linens.

Hubby is a florist and is one of the best in the Boston area.

That is a bit about us. Let me know if we can help in any way.

Belle

skiflydive
Aug 10, 2006, 8:19 PM
This thread could explode!! Instead of just listing your own business as being bi friendly - which is fantastic by the way - list businesses you frequent in your town that you know are bi friendly or places where people are comfortable with bisexuality. I'm thinking Adam's Apple in Detroit........next

DJ Triad
Aug 11, 2006, 12:22 AM
Onewhocares, tyvm! Did you check out the free download (http://www.tritriadproductions.com/orgasmsoundsmix.html)? It's an old Art of Noise song. I had fun with it and thought I'd share the mix. I hope you like the CD! :)

Long Duck Dong
Aug 11, 2006, 1:27 AM
omg where do I start... I am in new zealand so its a long way to come and see me

I own and run 5 different spiritualist / psychic reading businesses... they are currently undergoing a staff shake up after I found that some staff were collecting sexual favours for readings ......and thats one thing I hate..... all readings are quaranteed by the readers...... if they feel the reading is not up to stratch, YOU don't pay.... that actually accounts for about 2 outta every 5 readings....the going rate in new zealand is $50-60 for a one hour reading.....we charge $20 for a no time limit reading

I own and run my own counselling and therapy business ... its unnamed and I use word of mouth instead of advertising

I part own and help run a natural treament business for healing pets and healing animals * paws and claws *... we work in with certified vets and we can cut a vet bill in half as we remove the need for a lot of treatments and it allows the vet to treat the animals without a lot of surgery, x rays and the like

I run a free lost person location business.... it is mainly search and rescue work, finding lost travellers, missing persons etc....but i mainly accept calls from official agencies as I used to get a lot of calls about missing teenagers and that took up a lot of my time

I am currently involved in buying into and creating nz's largest spiritualist gift shops and hope to be able to offer unique nz gemstones and other odds and sods over the net within the next 4-5 months

Jojo64
Aug 11, 2006, 4:16 AM
This is a great idea. I am an unfranchise business owner. Specializing in anti-aging and nutritional support products. www.terriadams.unfranchise.com

willbeyours2
Aug 11, 2006, 6:55 PM
Hi There,

Iam Bill,belle's husband and although she has already posted. Count me in I am a Florist in the Boston area. Distinctive design of imported seasonal flowers from around the world. Belle and I can make YOUR world beautiful.

Bill

bigregory
Aug 11, 2006, 9:37 PM
Any bisexual business with a website can and should post on the BI-WEB area in the SHOPPING section. This is not only for bisexual products but for bi-owned businesses too. :) http://main.bisexual.com/links/browselinks.php?c=16

EludedSunshine
Aug 13, 2006, 2:52 AM
I part own and help run a natural treament business for healing pets and healing animals * paws and claws *... we work in with certified vets and we can cut a vet bill in half as we remove the need for a lot of treatments and it allows the vet to treat the animals without a lot of surgery, x rays and the like
Oh my god, I wish I were in NZ now... :( My dog has been in the process of slowly dying for the past half a year or so (renal failure, although he's lasted months longer than they thought he would), and the horribly scary vet treatments did nothing to help him. They say there's nothing else to be done, and no cure... so basically we're just keeping him happy and waiting for him to die. :\ It's heartwrenching.

Back on topic... I am a loooong way from having my own business, but I think that this is a great idea. So if I ever have one, I'm jumpin' on the bandwagon!