PDA

View Full Version : Getting to Know You, Getting to Know all about You...

Wizzee
Jan 16, 2015, 5:34 PM
I know this is talked about in other sub-forums, but I was wondering if any of you ever have a social get together, just to say "Howdy!" ? No pressure to go beyond saying hello, just getting to know others with your same interest. Most of the clubs and party sites say couples only, with a special welcome for single female visitors. Single gents need not apply, or if they do allow "Select Males" the prices are considerably higher than for couples, and single ladies are often free, no charge at all. What I would like to see is a gathering at a bar or restaurant, just to socialize, and then you have an idea of who is in your area, with the same interest. You might be looking for a single to join you and your "significant other" or a single looking for a couple, or maybe just looking for a single partner for yourself. Maybe you are happy with your current situation and have no plans to begin something new with another. But you still might want to join in, just to be able to put faces to the names you see, since most do not post a picture of themself. Just a social gathering, in that case, of people with like interests. What do YOU​ think?

I live in Baton Rouge, La, and this area seems to be fairly dead, most of the action seems to be in New Orleans, with an additional swing club in Lafayette. Nothing around here, as far as I've been able to discover. Would anyone be interested in having a get together, either as a one-time party, or as a scheduled circle of friends? If scheduled, would you want it to be once a week, every other week, monthly, etc. ? ? I would be willing to drive to New Orleans for something like this, or maybe the North Shore like Mandeville, Covington, or Madison.

Anyone got any ideas or interest? Share it with us here, or send me a PM.

void()
Jan 17, 2015, 2:27 AM
"With this one social strong is ..." :)

Would if could. Know that sounds a cop out. Consider though I live in the great old Appalachia. Folks 'ere bouts are mostly dirt poor. We define dirt poor as 'to poor to afford dirt'. Our family here proved that out recently. A crew doing water lines needed a place to put excess dirt from their doings. We had needed excess dirt for some major landscaping here. Well, hehe. We got free dirt hauled and dumped out for us. We would have never afforded buying it. We also had use of a Bobcat type of machine to move the dirt. I did not run the machine as my betters thought better of it. *smirks*

I visited a Southern part of Louisiana once. It was on a trip with a fellow my dad called a wizard/shaman. The wizard came to my dad's and 'kidnapped' me. He did this often enough the 'kidnapping' was a family joke. We would take day or weekend trips. He did some silver smith work, made knives for Native Americans. They called him a name which I won't reveal here. Suffice it to say I shook his hand and went soaring with him. Me and him did not have any intimate relations, lest not in such a manner as bedding. He was more of a very dear friend, mentor. I remember Louisiana black tar coffee, a spoon stood up in it. The waitress told me to be sure I took the spoon out quick enough, they would melt into the coffee otherwise. Good coffee! :)

My mentor took me to some backwater spot. There was a weird town/village name on some old cypress. He showed me the gator markings what named the place. We both chuckled. He met with a fellow about some ores, rough cut gems. I recall being told to not drift too far out because they nearly had lost a family member to a patch of quick sand. Your heat is a lot different than Hillbilly heat, even different from Florida heat. It's almost yummy, if not so much a bitchy mistress. But I liked visiting all in. Would like to again someday. Not sure if or when. Kind of dislike that.

Wizzee
Jan 17, 2015, 3:44 AM
I know what you are saying about Appalachia, I was born and raised in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Our family all enjoyed my father's hobby of cave exploring and mapping, so we were all over the hills and mountains of Tenn, Ga, Ky, Va, W.Va, the Carolinas, and Alabama. I've seen the folks you refer to, and once they got over their suspicion of "outsiders" they opened up to us and we became almost like family. I never complain about my financial situation, no matter how good or bad it gets, I merely remember how they live, and my gripe fades into insignificance.

I've only been down here in Red Stick for about 5 months, but I already know the difference between dark roast coffee, black coffee, and New Orleans blend.
"Coffee too strong fer ya?" "Hell no, cut me off another slice!"

I also like your sig as well. I won't translate it here, just in case you haven't revealed the wisdom to others. It is enough that I know it myself.